Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Manticore Reveals Silver & Copper

Posted by Mike K 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Manticore Reveals Silver & Copper
March 03, 2023 09:08PM
Was out at an old 1870s meeting house and late 1800s school house. Both had lots of Iron. But My settings in the end were ATG LC / Recovery 2 / Ferros Limits 10/3 I'm getting more comfortable with this unit I might roll back the 10 to a 9 on the next outing Sunday. Sens Min 22 or higher when I can. Most importantly you want a solid machine nice an stable. Here's a short video showing the 2D Trace and TID numbers and see what comes out of the hole.

Part 1 Of Learning The Manticore

Mike K

I hope these can help people trying to decide whether to buy or not to buy. Or Just to learn something new. I always learn something every time I come here and read others comments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2023 01:26PM by Mike K.
Re: Manticore Reveals Silver & Copper
March 03, 2023 10:41PM
Keep them coming Mike. Appreciate what your doing. Thanks to Tom and everyone else giving tips. I should be getting my Manticore on the 7th, thanks to Richard at Backwoods.
March 03, 2023 11:40PM
Great hunt Mike! Crazy signal on that seated and IH but definitely “diggable”.
March 04, 2023 12:51PM
This is a very good example of the 2D graph NOT lying. There IS iron under the coil. There IS non-ferrous under the coil. All at the same time.
That 2D graph "could" have talked you out of digging those two non-ferrous gems.

In one regard.......... I'm glad you are using very conservative (10/3) Ferrous Limits on this site............for maiden voyage.
Yet....... on the other hand......... I am anxious for your skillset to be at (and see/witness) Ferrous Limits of 5/3. (And maybe even: 4/3).
This would cause more falsing.
This would cause MUCH more unmasking. . . . . . . to a non-linear/disproportionate/asymptotic rate.
March 04, 2023 01:06PM
Well TOM the land owners that were hesitant to give me permission but after our conversation decided to. They had said this place hasn't been detected before and I plan on hunting there for at least this year and longer. The point I want to make is 99% of it is modern trash free. So this is a good place for me to learn the manticore while slowing opening it up more and more as time goes on.Just to see how the manticore deals with old iron and masking of targets. I plan on finding targets and running the recovery from lets say 2 up to where I loose the target as well as how low can I take the sensitivity down and still have a signal that I would stop and dig when I hear the audio. Then live dig the hole to see what was hiding there smiling smiley Audio is King but once you stop because of the audio I believe that 2D screen has a story to tell if your wiling to put in the time to learn it. I will be posting more of these videos on my channel and some here that I think offer a real opportunity for everyone to learn something if they want to.

Mike K

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2023 01:43PM by Mike K.
March 04, 2023 02:25PM
TOM I was trying to figure out the last part of your comment "non-linear/disproportionate/asymptotic rate" So I googled asymptotic to see what came up and it was this,

Picture

To me it represents the higher you set your discrimination the more masking or non-linear it will be vs Lowering your Discrimination makes those targets more visible or linear would this be correct? I was never a math wiz just fyi..

Mike K

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2023 02:26PM by Mike K.
March 04, 2023 03:42PM
very good spin for the Manticore and very interesting Vid..............keep up the good work

<")))))<>(
March 04, 2023 08:11PM
I love your vids Mike!
March 04, 2023 10:14PM
Mike......... that is correct. In a nutshell.......what I am trying to say is: For the amount of additional 'falsing' (by lowering Ferrous Limits)...... you gain an even higher rate-of-return in unmasking ability.
Mike......... you're going to get a kick out of going over the exact same area with your unit..........especially when your Ferrous Limits are a few points lower. Yes........ a bit more fatiguing; yet = ............ !

gravedigger........ not really intended to be a 'spin'.....but/rather: algebraic algorithm advancement.
March 04, 2023 10:42PM
Thanks I try but I'm new to doing them and have allot to learn. Thanks for checking them out...

Mike K

possum mo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I love your vids Mike!
March 04, 2023 10:48PM
TOM: Going back tomorrow gonna take it from 10 down to 9 maybe 8

NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mike......... you're going to get a kick out of go
> ing over the exact same area with your unit.......
> ...especially when your Ferrous Limits are a few p
> oints lower. Yes........ a bit more fatiguing; yet
> = ............ !
March 04, 2023 11:38PM
Mike........This may allow you to start to see a difference.
March 04, 2023 11:49PM
I appreciate the feed back as it helps me learn!!!!!! Thanks TOM!!!!!!