Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab Manticore Adjusting Sensitivity / Recovery and More on 2D Screen

Posted by Mike K 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minelab Manticore Adjusting Sensitivity / Recovery and More on 2D Screen
March 10, 2023 09:07PM
A couple finds from last Sundays hunt with Manticore. The more and more I pay attention to the 2D screen the more I'm learning about what's in the ground.

Learning 2D Screen and Adjusting settings

Mike K
Re: Minelab Manticore Adjusting Sensitivity / Recovery and More on 2D Screen
March 10, 2023 10:51PM
When you find square-nails "interesting"......... you are right-up-my-alley!
(They really date the era of the area)!
March 10, 2023 11:14PM
Well TOM its just another piece of history. I show my finds and it's surprising how many people didn't realize they hand made every nail back then!!!!!

NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When you find square-nails "interesting".........
> you are right-up-my-alley!
> (They really date the era of the area)!
JCR
March 11, 2023 12:21AM
Informative video, Thanks for posting it.

Chris
March 11, 2023 03:27AM
Super informative video! Interesting how increasing the recovery speed helped “knock out” the nails and helped the manticore to focus more on the non-ferrous (IH cent)
March 11, 2023 03:30AM
TOM: Well I know this site is from my perspective is a learning tool and trading ideas and looking for suggestions. So I put these together to help others shorten the learning curve. I will most probably do videos covering in depth Sensitivity settings, Recovery Speeds, Different Modes, & Discrimination Values. As I'm learning at the same time as none of us have had this machine long enough to be called any kind of expert with it. Except maybe TOM smileys with beer TOM I know we have talked about Recovery speeds, and if I'm remembering right you said the higher you have your recovery speed the shorter the audio response of any target will be. So hunting a site like I'm at with very little to no modern trash except some great looking square nails. Are there any benefits of a faster recovery speed? This is a virgin site and most of the finds have been in the 4-6" range which most detectors will hit for sure. I know and am comfortable running a Recovery speed at 2 but was just curious if there was any advantage of a higher recovery speed with mostly square nails?

Mike K

JCR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Informative video, Thanks for posting it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2023 03:32AM by Mike K.
March 11, 2023 01:48PM
Mike......... there are 'cut' square-nails.........and there are 'hammered' square-nails. Big difference...... including age/era!

Higher Recovery Speeds. In bad dirt (up to a certain point........dependent upon mineralization: TYPE and INTENSITY).......can enhance ID performance.
Lower Recovery Speeds. In low/no mineralization ....... will give greater depth & ID performance.
In carpets of nails...... I like lower Recovery Speeds in concert with half-speed coil sweep-speed. Maybe even less-than half-speed. Better/longer-audio/resolve on non-ferrous targets....... to a certain point.

Yes......... I could write a book on this; yet, I'm trying to program your brain in bulletized 'nutshell' (easy-to-remember) FEW words!

All this data holds true with Deus-2 & EQX.