Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus 2 questions

Posted by DigDugNY 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus 2 questions
March 16, 2023 01:37PM
Have been considering the minelab manticore but I did enjoy using my original Deus and with all the backorder stuff with the manticore I might buy the Deus 2.

Couple questions though

1) has anyone used the bone induction headset and does it work well? Can you get a deal with those headphones and over the ear?

2) is there much chatter when two Deus users are near each other? (When running in multi frequency?)

3) I know there has been a lot of talk about the new Deus update. What are the things people hope will make it a little better?
Re: Deus 2 questions
March 16, 2023 01:53PM
DigDugNY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have been considering the minelab manticore but I
> did enjoy using my original Deus and with all the
> backorder stuff with the manticore I might buy the
> Deus 2.
>
> Couple questions though
>
> 1) has anyone used the bone induction headset and
> does it work well? Can you get a deal with those h
> eadphones and over the ear?
>
> 2) is there much chatter when two Deus users are n
> ear each other? (When running in multi frequency?)

>
> 3) I know there has been a lot of talk about the n
> ew Deus update. What are the things people hope wi
> ll make it a little better?

I have had my Deus ll 13 months now as has my friend. We regularly hunt together without interference. Should that occur noise cancel.
The bone phones work well. They rest on your temples not your ears.
I myself am scared of a new update as I love the performance I get now. I know some have said they have clock issues and I have also heard of issues in the gold program. My clock is still set as it was 13 months ago. I do not gold hunt ( raw gold ) so I cannot attest to this. Others have complained about iron skewing target ID’s of non ferrous targets. I think this averaging is common among all detectors but if the update changes that fine by me. You want regret buying a Deus ll is my opinion. Good luck everybody!!!
March 16, 2023 02:43PM
That is not an easy question at all. If you ask about ergonomics DEUS II is better but in heavy iron, I will choose Mantiocre... is a little bit better for me and performs better. The difference between both machines is minimal. Few percents, but it depends on how you want to use them and where.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2023 02:44PM by Shelton.
March 16, 2023 02:44PM
Carolina Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have had my Deus ll 13 months now as has my frie
> nd. We regularly hunt together without interferenc
> e. Should that occur noise cancel.
> The bone phones work well. They rest on your templ
> es not your ears.
> I myself am scared of a new update as I love the p
> erformance I get now. I know some have said they h
> ave clock issues and I have also heard of issues i
> n the gold program. My clock is still set as it wa
> s 13 months ago. I do not gold hunt ( raw gold ) s
> o I cannot attest to this. Others have complained
> about iron skewing target ID’s of non ferrous targ
> ets. I think this averaging is common among all de
> tectors but if the update changes that fine by me.
> You want regret buying a Deus ll is my opinion. Go
> od luck everybody!!!

Thanks for the response! Did you buy the bone induction phones separately or did they come with the detector? Just curious if you also get the over the ear ones as well?
I use bone induction headphones at work to listen to music and really enjoy them. I like that as a concept for detecting.
March 16, 2023 02:46PM
Sorry, my questions were just around the Deus 2. I was just saying that I was contemplating the manticore but I’m tired of minelabs wait lists so Im just considering getting the Deus 2 as I don’t think I’d be disappointed.
March 16, 2023 02:48PM
Deus II is a very good device. I'm using it for the beginning and I found a lot of stuff with it.
March 16, 2023 03:22PM
I came to the Deus 2 via the Equinox 800, nearly a year ago now.

I have the bone phones, they are comfortable and they work well - they are primarily intended for use in the water, and only certain tonal options are useable with them.

I use the D2 and my wife uses D2 Lite - these devices do not interfere with each other in any practical situation. The D2 generally copes significantly better with EMI than the Nox 800 in my experience. Most detectorists do not intentionally spend a lot of time hunting directly alongside each other, to be fair!

The D2 works really well. I particularly like the light weight and configurability, the raw power - especially on the beach - and the uncanny ability to 'see through' iron. I have not used a Manticore(!!), but from what I can glean online it is very similar to the D2 in terms of performance - it has a better display and menu hierarchy, but it does not have rainproof wireless phones, and I see a lot of users periodically straightening the coil on the main shaft (the shaft has a circular cross-section, so the coil can rotate to some degree, of course the cam locks could be further tightened to address this, but it's tricky to avoid overtightening I expect). I am hoping that the coming D2 firmware will add new features and fix minor inconsistencies.

The D2 and the Manticore are both cutting-edge technology - you would have a lot of fun with either.
March 17, 2023 09:50AM
The bone phones were bought separately. The Deus ll comes with back phones which I do not like. I bought the WSA ll XL phones to use. The Deus gives the option of two tones. PWS and SQUARE. The bone phones only have connections for the SQUARE tones. The two machines compared is apples and oranges. Both updatable so any issues will be worked out in the long run. Good luck with your choice.
March 17, 2023 03:10PM
Well of course as soon as I start contemplating a different machine, I get a message this morning that one manticore was in stock at the dealer I was on a waiting list for. Decided to jump on it