Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Troy Shadow X5 vs Any Deep Tech Detector

Posted by morelicdetector 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Troy Shadow X5 vs Any Deep Tech Detector
March 19, 2023 10:14PM
Other than the obvious, Deep Tech having a 2 tone platform, has anyone compared them? The X5 is one I owned a few years ago and I know they have quite a following. I have a Deep Tech Warrior and it seems to be a decent detector although I have not found anything terribly deep with it.
Re: Troy Shadow X5 vs Any Deep Tech Detector
March 20, 2023 12:07AM
morelicdetector Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Other than the obvious, Deep Tech having a 2 tone
> platform, has anyone compared them? The X5 is one
> I owned a few years ago and I know they have quite
> a following. I have a Deep Tech Warrior and it see
> ms to be a decent detector although I have not fou
> nd anything terribly deep with it.

The X5 I had was "coil knock" crazy----the X3 was one sweet running little machine though.
March 20, 2023 12:31AM
I had a Troy X5 the build quality was the best and only one 9 volt a joy to swing and deep in the right area. At the time needed a ID detector for trashy old parks I was hunting and could not afford two detectors. I always hoped he would come out with a ID machine. There were rumors about an X6 for awhile but never came to be for one reason or another.
Troy was a great guy too always had time to answer your questions over the phone.
I assume he still with us?
March 21, 2023 08:14AM
I hope he’s still with us, he and his wife Linda came over and hunted with me here in the UK, in fact it was I that suggested the 10x5” DD coil and was the original field tester for it.
The first one he had made and sent over falsed In wheat stubble so it was back to the drawing board to increase the windings, then it was an awesome coil

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2023 08:15AM by Dino- UK.
March 21, 2023 12:56PM
Ole' Keith Southern liked the Shadow X5 he said it was one of few higher freq. detectors that was just as hot on high conductors as the lower ones. Maybe he will read this and chime in as he has a lot of time on them too.
March 21, 2023 02:09PM
Lastly didn't Dave Johnson have a hand in the Troy Shadow X5? It seems I heard that somewhere or maybe because it was assembled by Fisher?
March 22, 2023 11:29AM
Harold Dave Johnson helped with the X5.