Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My Thoughts On The X-Terra Pro

Posted by morelicdetector 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My Thoughts On The X-Terra Pro
March 21, 2023 10:22PM
It's raining here, so I tested it out in my garage. Concrete, no rebar in the floor. Setup, easy. I hunt relics so mine is simple. 2 tones, tracking on, recovery speed 2, I like to hear the iron, so FE volume is set just a hair below regular volume.
Set the tone break at 0 to try it out 1st when I get to the field, might change. Sens wide open, no EMI problems.
Findings....We all know air tests are not where the detector is at in the field.
.69 cal Minnie ball.......12"
Eagle Cuff Button..........8"
Silver Dime.................... 12"
2 tones is very close to the 705. Depth is irrelevant in my test, but from what I can tell, it will match or exceed the 70/705 with a 10.5DD coil
Build quality is superior to any machine in it's price range. Coil ears are thicker than the NOX, so I don't see any problems there.
Ease of set-up and use is no more difficult than the 705 one you learn the icons.
My thoughts, it will fill a need for a machine for beginners and pros alike and yes, from my brief time with the NOX, it is a simpler platform.
When I get a few hunts in with it, I have the Coiltek 5x10 that I'm gonna try in some carpet iron camps.
I think if you want to transition to a lighter, more versatile detector than our beloved 70/705, it will be easy to do.
Re: My Thoughts On The X-Terra Pro
March 22, 2023 04:46PM
Mark thanks for your input on the Xterra pro I look forward to hearing how it goes for you in the field! Thanks Morgan
April 03, 2023 08:54PM
I'm hoping they have a X-Terra pro version with higher freq's for prospecting and such.

Probably will. didnt they release the 30 and 50 first then few months later the 70?

I believe it will need a upper teens freq to compete with a 70/705 in iron.???

Good info

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 03, 2023 11:03PM
Seems to be doing pretty well at 15kHz, at least on buttons and bullets. Yea Keith, I was hoping for the 18 or 19kHz mark.