Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Monte passed away

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Monte passed away
March 27, 2023 12:50PM
I Just saw on his forum he passed over the weekend. I just thought I would let People on here know as some knew him way better than I. They are leaving condolences on his forum site, RIP.
Re: Monte passed away
March 27, 2023 01:11PM
RIP Monte--a lifetime of adventure and information.
March 27, 2023 03:55PM
Sorry to see this , it's a significant loss to the detecting community. He set an example in detecting too many have trouble living up to.
March 27, 2023 06:43PM
The inventor of the "Nail Board Test".
Monte was a real treasure to the detecting Family.
R.I.P. Monte
Tom Bush
March 27, 2023 08:47PM
One of the few true detecting gurus, he will be missed.
March 27, 2023 09:46PM
Really sorry to hear that. He had so much knowledge about the hobby, and was always willing to share it.

-Ken
March 27, 2023 11:58PM
He will be missed.... He was a wealth of information, always had time to answer a question.

RIP Monte.
March 28, 2023 02:54AM
Bin swapping emails with Monte for several years trying to join his Nevada outback retreat. I always had a conflict or a health issue. He was one of the good guys! Via con Dios, amigo.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
March 28, 2023 03:03AM
RIP Monte -

thank you 'good sir' for everything that you have shared with so many around the world.

you have touched so many and will be dearly missed.

Sincere condolences to the family.

Vincent - New Zealand
March 28, 2023 04:24AM
Monte Berry was definitely a good guy, always happy to offer detecting advice.
He provided a lot of education, especially to beginners, and virtually always without compensation, as far as I know.
He was one of the leading ambassadors of metal detecting.

I detected with him on one of his Northern Nevada excursions to Wells, Nevada.
We hit the ghost towns of Cobre, Tobar, and Metropolis, among others. Good times.

RIP, Monte.
March 28, 2023 05:24AM
Very sorry to hear this. Monte was someone nearly everyone in this hobby who spends any time online, surely "knew," in some capacity. I've conversed with him many times, and always found him kind, and willing to share information.

He will be missed.

Steve
March 28, 2023 09:16AM
Monte always gave more that he needed, over and above. Sorry to hear his passing, Rest in Peace, Monte.
March 28, 2023 09:28AM
Sad to see another icon passing.
RIP Monte
March 28, 2023 10:12PM
I really hate to hear of his passing. He was a great guy and was a wealth of information on detecting. Praying for his family during this rough time.
March 28, 2023 10:24PM
Here's his obituary
[www.lindquistmortuary.com]
March 29, 2023 12:58AM
Sorry for the family loss .prayers
March 29, 2023 04:58PM
Monte will be missed. Man could he answer a question! Had some nice dialogue with him over the years and it was always appreciated.
Rest in Peace Monte. You are for sure one of the Good ones. A Legend! smiling smiley

Thanks 88Junior for posting his obituary. It was nice to put a face with the personality and read about his life.
March 29, 2023 11:37PM
Such a master of the hobby rest in peace.
March 30, 2023 11:07AM
We are very saddened with this news. Monte was one of our earlier testers and I personally had a lot of respect for his knowledge and character.

RIP Monte... our condelences to his family and friends!

On Behaf of Nokta Detectors
Dilek Gonulay
March 31, 2023 02:42AM
Monte had spanned the gap of the evolution of detectors, from the 1960s, to the present. Rubbing shoulders with industry and engineers. And was the nicest guy you could meet. Never stingy with site tips, tech tips, etc....

I never met him personally, but had talks on the phone, and exchanges with email and forums-chit-chat.

A hunting partner friend of mine here in CA met and hunted with Monte during his years living in the Pac. Northwest. And credits his entry into the "hardcore aspects" of md'ing to Monte's mentoring.

R.I.P.
March 31, 2023 10:13PM
April 03, 2023 08:47PM
So Sad to Hear..Monte was a one of a kind.

Will be missed for sure.Always helpful never hurtful was Monte.No ego and seeking no praise.

Corresponded with Monte and talked to him on phone great guy full of knowledge.

Worked on a Field test project with him and NASA Tom few years ago and the excitement enthusiasm he had was contagious for sure .

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 07, 2023 05:51PM
I liked him he was very helpful over the years.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!