Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Horse shoes rusted guns locks

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Horse shoes rusted guns locks
April 05, 2023 03:28AM
What does the legend vdi read. What is a good setup
for hunting in an area where square nails are maybe
all of a sudden in one part of the area I’m hunting. I like horseshoes
And rusted guns locks. It’s been a couple of years since I have hunted.
On my impact square nails have a high tone like a coin. I think horseshoes and axe
heads old rusted locks still don’t ring in the iron range. I’m getting Andy’s book but
I may hit an old area this Saturday

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Horse shoes rusted guns locks
April 05, 2023 01:12PM
To get a high tone hit on iron relics like gun parts, notch out the nails you have and open up everything else. I like digging iron relics too.

You have to use C disc so you can notch. 60 tones is nice. Set iron filter at 0 or 1 and stability at 4-5. Set tone break as low it can go. I like recovery 3.

Use the new coils LG24 6x9.5 & LG 30 9x12. The 11" coil no longer has a use. The 9x12 performs better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2023 01:13PM by Rick, N. MI.
JCR
April 05, 2023 01:32PM
On the Legend, iron relics will come in a good bit above nails. Nails 3,4,5 iron worth digging 18 to high 20s. You can run A or G Disc with the 1st tone bin(iron) where you can comfortably hear it. Set your 1st Tone break around 7 or 8. Use the Iron Filter/Stability if the small iron wants to false more than you want. Even at 8IF the big iron relics will sound. You will know it is iron from the response, it just sounds different(wider). Pin point will confirm it. The FerroCheck works very well to indicate what the target is. All the Multis work well. Recovery around 4 is a good general purpose setting. 60 tone gives the most descriptive audio.
Good hunting to you & let us know.

Chris
April 06, 2023 01:00PM
Smaller iron relics like this photo, will hit one way higher id and 90 deg id lower than nail. Big iron relics like a horseshoe will id higher than nail.

Hammer by Rick Covert, on Flickr