Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher 1236x2 video I did (Sound Visualization Video added 5/28/23)

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher 1236x2 video I did (Sound Visualization Video added 5/28/23)
May 22, 2023 10:28PM
[youtu.be]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2023 06:30PM by Keith Southern.
Re: Fisher 1236x2 video I did
May 22, 2023 10:45PM
Great video Keith. I always wanted to see a Fisher 1236x2 in action.
May 24, 2023 12:34AM
Those 1236-x2 detectors are awesome for deep coins, glad you got it running correctly, it is in nice condition, Not too many left in that condition.
May 25, 2023 07:49PM
thanks fellas!

Yeah it doesn't take the most expensive machine to make the best finds.

It takes a unit that is intelligent audibly even if it's just one tone..The true Blendy Bleedy machine if there ever was one is the 1236 X2.

People easily can become too obsessed with price Vs Performance.Or the newest is the greatest.

It takes intelligent audio and whatever that may cost is variable?

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 27, 2023 10:40AM
Your right Keith.
Many years ago I hunted with a man named David Linville, since passed away. Well anyway he hunted with and old cheap metal detector with only one tone. He had used the same machine for some 10+ years and had became quite in tuned with the single tone audio. At that time I was using the original F75, a machine that costed many times more than his. He had the uncanny way of finding more jewelry than I ever imagined was in the ground. He could tell the difference between a nail and a better target, he also made a statement, (I never dig nails). He let me hear his machine and I couldn't hear any difference but he sure could. I miss the old fellow.
May 27, 2023 12:37PM
I have known a few people like that.
Which......................then...........................makes me think: If the human ear can detect the nuances . , . , . , . , . , why can we not capture it electronically..........and harness the intelligence.
May 27, 2023 01:45PM
Can digital reproduce audio of analog detectors. Tesoro's are a favorite of mine.
May 28, 2023 06:20PM
Rick, N. MI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can digital reproduce audio of analog detectors. T
> esoro's are a favorite of mine.

Rick I think the multi tones in Digital are nice for sure like XP/Mak offer but a true mono tone analog can speak volumes.And the Deeptech's with tones in analog to me is even better than digital multi.So analog still seems to be king of nuances .

Sort of like a record vs a CD..things gets dropped in the Digital.it's not like oh theres pieces of the song missing ..No its there's pieces of the notes missing.Square waves Vs Sine waves there has to be clipping.

Mark and Tom yes a person with a tuned ear can do tremendous things.Musicians that detect are deadly I have found.

Watch this video of Sound tones making shapes!![youtu.be]
Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2023 06:28PM by Keith Southern.
May 28, 2023 08:57PM
What is NOT being shown....... is equally as important. If you choose a frequency (which is a wide span!!!) that is NOT resonant......... the salt will be splattered.......and not make a geometric/symmetrical pattern.
If you change the density, shape, thickness, mounting torque, dimensions of the plate...........any ONE of them..........and the harmonics (resonance) will be completely changed....... to a different set of resonances.
Great video example...... Keith!
JCR
May 29, 2023 02:06AM
Very neat.

Chris
Re: Fisher 1236x2 video I did (Sound Visualization Video added 5/28/23)
May 29, 2023 12:17PM
Thanks Keith. Good info.