Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Any thoughts on the Simplex+ for a fun inexpensive detector?

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Any thoughts on the Simplex+ for a fun inexpensive detector?
May 29, 2023 01:41AM
The deals on Amazon are incredible. Wireless headphones, digger, pinpointed for less than $340.

Anyone use one?
Re: Any thoughts on the Simplex+ for a fun inexpensive detector?
May 29, 2023 11:23AM
The Minelab Vanquish range are in the same range, multi frequency for cheap
May 29, 2023 04:46PM
ghound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Minelab Vanquish range are in the same range,
> multi frequency for cheap

Agreed on the Vanquish: great performance in mild soil, better ergonomics than Equinox, and inexpensive enough to leave in the car all the time without a worry.
May 29, 2023 07:54PM
I considered the Vanquish. However, the Simplex includes wireless headphones which I love. It's also waterproof.

Is there any real practical advantage of the Vanquish over the Simplex?
May 30, 2023 02:02AM
IF you are a wet-salt beach hunter....... the Vanquish would be a (minimum) requirement........ due to SMF.
May 30, 2023 03:00AM
No, not anymore. I know all about salt water. Made a living on the beach in 1982-1983.
May 31, 2023 12:56AM
I bought a simplex+ to use as a water detector...with the exception of about 20 hours on land...I use it only in the water...it is a capable detector (both in the water and on land) and for the price, a very good buy...I have steered a few new detectorists toward the simplex because of the price vs performance... To make it a real water detector , though , I needed to buy the carbon fiber lower shaft, the stock shaft I compared to a noodle and the stock coil has cross pieces that make it act like a paddle...I remedied that with 8=inch round coil...I also bought the wired waterproof headset...that about doubled the original price.
I also liked the v2.77 over the v2.78...the v2.77 is no longer available....if you are just looking at the deals out now....this would be a good first or extra detector...it will pay for itself in no time.
May 31, 2023 03:36AM
Today I took out the Simplex, put on the 4 x 18 arrow coil on it, and found my brother in laws $400 glasses he lost in long grass. That coil covers the territory in short order.
May 31, 2023 06:29AM
Heck I might sell ya a Legend with wireless headphones for about that same price.
May 31, 2023 12:05PM
The Simplex is a good detector for the money, but I never could stand the tones. They get annoying after a while. The original Legend with headphones is around 400-500. Much more pleasant tones with multi frequencies and tons of settings options.