Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My brother is gone .......

Posted by synthnut 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My brother is gone .......
September 04, 2011 12:08PM
I have not had a lot of time to post on this forum or any other for that matter as I have been very busy with my brother who suffered from Eshophagael Cancer for 4 yrs .......He lost the battle and passed 8/26/11 and was layed to rest yesterday 9/3/11 ...... He was continuously walking the train tracks and the roads, and parking lots, in search of coins on a regular basis until he could no longer move around as well .....I bought him a Silver Umax for a little added convienience to his hunt .....He had a ball with it .....It was light enough for him to drag around and he kept it in his car so he could hunt wherever he went ..... ONe of our many conversations as he was laying in bed at the Military Hospital , he looked at me and said " Take my metal detector out of the car and put it to good use " " Happy Hunting " .....I said back to him ....." Thanks for the detector , and Happy Hunting to you too !! " .......He smiled so big I will never forget it ...... He then replied , " All the Gold you have such a hard time finding , is up in Heaven, and you don't need a detector to find it " ..........I told him I would meet him there , and he said " That's a good plan " ..........He was a GREAT BROTHER , I love him , and he will be sorely missed !!....... Jim
Re: My brother is gone .......
September 04, 2011 12:25PM
Jim.... sorry for your loss. Its very difficult to lose family it makes you think and appreciate the wonderful life you have. Count your blessing and cherish the memories.

Dew
September 04, 2011 12:38PM
I lost my brother in December. I have lost two now. I think about them everyday.

It is tough.
September 04, 2011 12:41PM
So sorry Jim. I now know why you were absent from the forum.
September 04, 2011 12:50PM
Jim, my heart is with you at this most difficult of times. Come November, it'll be two years since I lost my younger brother to osteosarcoma - a very rare bone cancer. He was only 30 y.o., was just married & had a young son. I miss him EVERYDAY.

People will tell you that you'll get over the death of a friend or loved one with time. That simply isn't true. The pain just becomes a bit more manageable IMO.

I am glad that I had my brother for the time I did. I'm sure you feel the same about your brother.

Keep his memory etched with you forever & he will never TRULY die.

Peace be with you my friend smiling smiley

Joe
September 04, 2011 01:15PM
Synthunt... your brother was right. ...and I would bet all the gold we ever find that your brother is experiencing something so wonderful right now that we don't even have words to describe it!
September 04, 2011 01:18PM
Thanks for the condolances guys .....I appreciate them ..... I spoke at hs funeral and talked of a lot of the good / funny times together ..... It made me feel better, and the folks at the funeral felt a bit better too as they were aloud to look on the brighter side rather than dwelling on the loss ..... I'm sure that most of you have lost someone special in your lives and know where I am coming from ..... We can always hold on to our memories with a big smile in our hearts and on our faces .....Jim
September 04, 2011 01:50PM
Jim, sorry to hear of your lost, I too, lost my brother 20 years ago now, I think of him everyday day, they are in a better place both free of pain, will send prays out
September 04, 2011 04:34PM
synthnut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have not had a lot of time to post on this forum
> or any other for that matter as I have been very
> busy with my brother who suffered from Eshophagael
> Cancer for 4 yrs .......He lost the battle and
> passed 8/26/11 and was layed to rest yesterday
> 9/3/11 ...... He was continuously walking the
> train tracks and the roads, and parking lots, in
> search of coins on a regular basis until he could
> no longer move around as well .....I bought him a
> Silver Umax for a little added convienience to his
> hunt .....He had a ball with it .....It was light
> enough for him to drag around and he kept it in
> his car so he could hunt wherever he went .....
> ONe of our many conversations as he was laying in
> bed at the Military Hospital , he looked at me and
> said " Take my metal detector out of the car and
> put it to good use " " Happy Hunting " .....I said
> back to him ....." Thanks for the detector , and
> Happy Hunting to you too !! " .......He smiled so
> big I will never forget it ...... He then replied
> , " All the Gold you have such a hard time finding
> , is up in Heaven, and you don't need a detector
> to find it " ..........I told him I would meet him
> there , and he said " That's a good plan "
> ..........He was a GREAT BROTHER , I love him ,
> and he will be sorely missed !!....... Jim

my sympathy on the loss of your brother! may god "succor"
you and your family in this most difficult time.

j.t.
September 05, 2011 01:20AM
VERY difficult and painful situation on your hands Jim. My deepest condolences ..... and my wish for your 'strength'.
September 05, 2011 01:23AM
Jim, sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace. Honor him by getting out there and detecting whenever you can. He will be watching you.
September 05, 2011 02:33AM
I too have been fighting cancer now for five years and will be getting a bone marrow transplant if they can find a match for me. I understand what you are going through and I am trying to understand the fight I have ahead of me..I will be at Stanford for 100 days before I can go home and that is just the start of the fight to beat this...God bless you and your family I know it has to be hard to see what he had to go through and you and the family and friends. I hope to fight for all that have lost and help all I can to understand what it feels like to have to have cancer..so I can give the people that are fighting some hope.

God Bless

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2011 02:52PM by Lawrenzo.
September 05, 2011 07:17AM
I have two in my life who fought to the edge and back who actually won and made a full recovery from esophageal cancer. They both went through Stanford. Both said that not giving up and forcing themselves to not stop eating was a surprise help. Faith and hope are always big factors, but one usually expects that. Positive attitude is another factor that fits nicely in most people's thinking. Oh for the day that the cancer foe is defeated! Until then we do what we can and make the most of the time we have.
I feel like hugging my grandkids and buying more 9v batteries!
Tom

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
September 05, 2011 10:02AM
Peace be with you !
I also lost an Uncle over the weekend, the last of my deceased dad's siblings !
September 05, 2011 01:48PM
My deepest condolences Sir.
September 05, 2011 04:46PM
Thank you all for your kind words .....I appreciate it very much ....My brother was VERY positive , and upbeat , but was a chain smoker which didnt help ....He would go 3 steps forward, and 2 steps back ..... He was happy with his life, and had no regrets ..... He made his peace with God and was ready to go ....Most folks only lasted a few months with his Cancer , but he was up tempo and lasted for 4 yrs !!..... The doctors at the VA hospital called him their MIRACLE MAN !!.... He lived with me for the last few years of his life , and I'm sure that my wifes cooking had something to do with his living longer too !!.....She would not let him leave the table without eating .... He was up at 3 am every morning to have his coffee , cigarettes, and go watch the trains go by ..... He LOVED trains !!!...He wil surely be missed .....Jim

Lawrenzo ,
As I was praying every day for my brother , I was praying for you also ......I continue to pray for God to see you thru this ordeal ......Keep fighting the fight and be positive ......Don't give up .... it DOES make a difference .....Eat a lot of Asparagus too !!.....Something in it that will fight the Cancer ......SERIOUSLY !!.......Take care , Jim
September 05, 2011 04:49PM
Jim,

sorry to hear of your brothers passing! he is no longer in pain. remember that huge smile.
September 05, 2011 05:40PM
I'm very sorry for your loss Jim.
I've been wondering where you've been.
Take care.
Aaron
Sorry for your Loss Jim....
September 05, 2011 06:41PM
N/T
September 05, 2011 07:13PM
Jim
Sorry for the loss of your brother, I hope you and your family are doing well!
Take care
September 05, 2011 08:03PM
Hey Jim, no words can express my sadness for you. If there is any solace it's that your brother is no longer suffering. I haven't lost someone close to me like that and wouldn't want to imagine that. Posts like this bring us all back to earth. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

To a long and healthy and loving live,
EMS

ps - I'm pulling for you Lowboy.
September 07, 2011 02:40AM
Very sorry for your loss. Peace and God bless to you and your family. Steve
September 07, 2011 04:10AM
Jim...somehow I have to believe there will come a day when you feel him there beside you as you swing your coil..............my condolences to you and your family.

Bob
September 07, 2011 05:05AM
Rest in peace. I'm very sorry for your loss Jim.
September 07, 2011 07:04AM
Jim very sorry for your loss.

Your brother put up the fight of his life, but he didn't loose, he lived life the way he choose, and that's winning!

Brian
September 07, 2011 09:19AM
Sorry for your loss. It is a difficult time and your are in our thoughts and prayers.
September 07, 2011 12:38PM
Thank you all for your kind words ...... I will carry my brother with me wherever I go ..... He's still a HUGE part of me and who I am ..... People who touch you in your lifetime don't really leave you ...... They are always with you in spirit and in soul ..... Thanks again to all of you .....It's much appreciated .....Sincerely, Jim
I'm so very sorry for your loss....
September 09, 2011 09:11AM
Roger
September 09, 2011 01:55PM
Sorry to hear about your brother. My condolences to you and your family.

Mike
September 12, 2011 04:13AM
You guys are in my prayers Jim. Godspeed. John McCann