Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New machines

Posted by Snowy 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New machines
October 25, 2006 01:21AM
I've heard some scuttlebutt on some forums regarding the Fisher F4 and F75 machines, which are new ... ?

People don't seem to be too impressed because they look like a Bouonty Hunter on a Fisher shaft.

You know anything about these, Tom? I hope they don't outdo my 3D.
Re: New machines
October 27, 2006 03:30AM
Snowy, The new F4 & F75 are starting to be advertised in the magazines and the F75 looks very much like the new Teknetics T2 but is supposed to be very different. I did try the T2 but didn't use it long enough to realize much about it! I understand they look alike due to sharing of housing parts, coil and arm cuff to save costs but electronics are Fisher's. It certainly won't obsolete your 3D. New detectors are made to create improvements but they always cost more. I'd hang onto that 3D, it would be hard to beat the depth and it is definately easier to use!!
Wally

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2006 03:31AM by Suncoast Wally.
October 28, 2006 11:44AM
Snowy,

I know very little about the new F-4 & F-75. I do know that Dave Johnson is at the helm of these 2 new units..... so,,, things may get interesting. If I find anything out.... I'll report it.

H.I.H.

Tom
October 29, 2006 01:38AM
I've been checking a few things out and people are disappointed in the design graphic currently being circulated. They say it looks too much like a bounty hunter. comments like, "What happened to the Fisher design if they're still going to call it Fisher?"

Currently, I'm not sure I'd trust another Fisher made/designed by anyone else BUT Fisher. I'm not knocking BH, it's just a personal preference. Makes me lean toward another highly respected brand. again ... not a knock on BH ... just a personal preference.

I'm still VERY curious as to what can be expected of these 2 machines.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

October 29, 2006 03:02PM
Hi Snowy,

I look at the new F-75 as a "Dave Johnson" invention...... and don't even correlate it to Bounty Hunter. The T-2 is certainly not Bounty Hunter stigma. Dave invented the CZ (and most other U.S. detectors in this world)..... and he is currently under the financial/funding hat of First Texas/Tom Walsh. Dave has bounced between many different detector manufacturer companies.... and has had to put his electronic components into the housings of what ever company he happened to be employed by. And now...... First Texas has deep pockets,,, Dave has access to these deep pockets,,,,, and Dave is in his most skilled/senior/experienced years of R&D. The guy has had tons of concepts/tricks up-his-sleeve for a lengthy time..... but, all along..... has not had the funding to support the Research, Development and Prototyping going on in his brain. He has been (in the past), quite frustrated... to say the least. I know the CZ on the market today... is a incomplete project.... as Dave was not finished with it,,,, but had to be released (incomplete) to the market due to lack of funding to complete the CZ as Dave originally intended. Currently, he still has a few prohibitive/inhibiting restrictions,,,,, but certainly not like he has had in the past. Dave is also one of the best "listeners" to the real in-the-dirt detectorists,,, allowing him to really understand what takes place in actual, real dirt scenarios. Don't be heart burdened if his electronics end up in a Bounty Hunter shell! Actually --- The T-2 is the best ergonomically friendly unit that I have ever handled.

H.I.H.

Tom

P.S. = ((( Bounty Hunter units are not our cup-of-tea; however, they are truly a formidable/respectable bang-for-the-buck ))).
October 29, 2006 05:48PM
Thanks Tom.

Interesting ....

I'm curious how these machines might compare with the 3D, and even if there might be a second version of the 3D. And if the F75 is Dave's invention, whose is the F4?

I'm curious to see how these two perform in the field.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

October 30, 2006 02:12AM
I have less info on the F-4.... but I presume that Dave did have design input for this mid-priced unit.

And FYI = The 6th Edition of Fisher Intelligence is now officially in print.... and you can order one ( or 50 copies for your club ),,,, if you desire. The paperback copies are fairly nice quality..... and all are free,,,,, from First Texas.

H.I.H.
November 02, 2006 02:54AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Snowy,

Dave invented the CZ (and most
> other U.S. detectors in this world)
I know the CZ on the market
> today... is a incomplete project.... as Dave was
> not finished with it,,,, but had to be released
> (incomplete) to the market due to lack of funding
> to complete the CZ as Dave originally intended.

> H.I.H.
>
> Tom
So my CZ-3D is an incomplete project? I guess Dave would know how to make it better, but will we (and if so, in what form) see the machine completed? I wonder if he's got a completed prototype kicking around at his home.

November 04, 2006 02:28AM
I know Dave wanted to cure the 'mild hunger' that the CZ has for iron.... And Dave had some other ideas about ID capabilities. I believe the F-75 will address what Dave really had in mind for the Original CZ. Hard to believe the CZ was released Thanksgiving, 1990..... is a 16 year old platform........ and remains (overall) #1 choice by today's standards. Minelab Explorer has nearly paralleled CZ's performance.

Tom
T2 smaller coil?
February 14, 2007 06:42PM
Tom,

Do you have any input on a smaller coil for the T2 from First Texas?

Thanks, Bill
Re: T2 smaller coil?
February 14, 2007 09:46PM
Smaller T-2 coil is on the agenda; however, F-75/F-4 is prioritized.

H.I.H.

Tom
F-75
February 15, 2007 01:49PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know Dave wanted to cure the 'mild hunger' that
> the CZ has for iron.... And Dave had some other
> ideas about ID capabilities. I believe the F-75
> will address what Dave really had in mind for the
> Original CZ.
Hard to believe the CZ was released
> Thanksgiving, 1990..... is a 16 year old
> platform........ and remains (overall) #1 choice
> by today's standards. Minelab Explorer has nearly
> paralleled CZ's performance.
>
> Tom

Hi Tom,

Have the depth issues of the T2's 3b mode been addressed on the F-75?

Thanks
Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2007 01:50PM by Jackpine.
Re: F-75
February 15, 2007 09:35PM
Partially....... And I'm amazed (impressed) the public discovered this. Only serious/astute detectorists would ever discover this phenomenon.

H.I.H.
Well...
February 16, 2007 01:05AM
... It wasn't me but word does get around.

Tom
February 21, 2007 03:21AM
NASA-Tom, I started with the CZ6 when it first came out in 1990 and used them for 15 years and always considered them the best and now your laying a completely new one on the table. Are you trying to confuse me? In my continuous quest for the best is this the one I'd want??
Wally
February 22, 2007 01:41AM
If your quest is a relic machine that is good in iron trash..... the T-2 is superior.

Tom
February 22, 2007 05:35AM
Tom
Also curious if new machine is weather proof. I don't think it is but that is a nice feature here in Florida when the storms come sneaking up and your still a couple of miles from your car!! It also was very handy during the FMDAC convention in 2000 during Hurricane Gordon at Clearwater Beach!
Wally
February 22, 2007 09:08PM
New unit (inadvertently) was hit with hard/surprise rain...... no anomalies!

Tom