Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ-3D & nickels

Posted by rqlt29a 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ-3D & nickels
November 16, 2008 02:55PM
I did an air test on my 3D in enhanced mode out of 100 clad nickels and a V nickel they all identified as a round tab. In salt mode they all identified as nickel. Also in enhanced mode square tabs gave a high tone but in salt mode they identified as square tabs.Is my 3D out of adjustment? If so were can I get it fixed?
Thank You
Jim
Re: CZ-3D & nickels
November 17, 2008 10:40PM
Jim,

Yes, your 3D is out of calibration. Time permitting...... I may be able to calibrate it.
December 02, 2008 12:59AM
Tom,

I got my 3D back today thank you so much. It air test great.
I can't wait to try it out hopefully I will have time in the next day or two.
Thank you again.

Jim
December 02, 2008 02:08AM
Jim,

I'm not sure you received my PM. Your particular unit required only 2 very minute' adjustments. I also boosted your Sens a very slight amount. To date.... your CZ-3D is the hottest I have ever had in my hands. ((( Was hard for me to return the unit to you! ))). In real dirt; it'll acquire a dime (reliably) at a depth of 12.4". This is at a Sens setting of 4.5. BE CAREFUL..... as such..... I recommend you detect (with your particular unit) with a Sens setting of approx 4.1. IF you can get away with this and have minimal chatter.... you can try a Sens setting of 4.2.... then 4.3..... and maybe 4.4. Yes, this sounds silly with such minute' differences in adjustment, BUT, , , this is where the unit authorizes overdrive. Some areas you will be able to get away with this..... and some areas, you'll be lucky to run the Sens at 4.0 or 4.1. Stability is key. Good luck.

Tom