Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A question about ground balancing the F75SE

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A question about ground balancing the F75SE
January 21, 2012 04:19PM
Or any machine really. In the places that I hunt, I cannot find a single patch of ground without some metal. When I pump the coil of my F75SE it never quietens down but continues to make a louded hum as I approach the ground with each pump. And it seems that it is around 50 or thereabouts. Is there a number that I can manually ground balance that will be close. This question will surely reveal just how much of a rookie that I am, but I am okay with that. So be nice if you reply. LOL
Re: A question about ground balancing the F75SE
January 21, 2012 04:41PM
Can you go to an area near the spot with less targets? If so, find a empty spot and gb. OR, locate a patch with minimal targets, dig them out till there's nothing, then gb. OR, do a factory re-set and use that gb number, then you can change the other settings to the area. That's all I can come up with Kevin.
January 21, 2012 07:15PM
I GB till there is an equal sound going up and down with the coil then detect till I find a target I want to dig. After digging the target I ground balance over the replaced plug area. this usually gives me a good GB.
January 22, 2012 01:08AM
For some reason, I cannot ground balance my machine until it gets quiet when pumping up and down. I have yet to ground balance this machine to where the noise fades away. It either gets louder as I approach the ground, or as I pump away from the gound, but never quiet. Other than that, the machine seems to be working fine. I pulled a couple of wheaties out of a site that I had worked over with the AT Pro with small dd coil.
January 22, 2012 03:47AM
Pull the trigger in the air.................. lower the coil to the ground....................... sweep the coil ....until you find a 'cold' spot (no targets)......... then let go of the pinpoint trigger. Use THIS spot to FastGrab (pushing the trigger forward.....holding it forward...... and then pumping the coil until you achieve Grnd Balance. IF IF you can not find a 'cold' spot....... move over 25 feet..... and try a different area until you find a target-free spot.
January 22, 2012 02:14PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pull the trigger in the air..................
> lower the coil to the
> ground....................... sweep the coil
> ....until you find a 'cold' spot (no
> targets)......... then let go of the pinpoint
> trigger. Use THIS spot to FastGrab (pushing the
> trigger forward.....holding it forward...... and
> then pumping the coil until you achieve Grnd
> Balance. IF IF you can not find a 'cold'
> spot....... move over 25 feet..... and try a
> different area until you find a target-free spot.
Thank you so much Tom. I will do that today. By the way Tom, in the literature that came with my detector was a small magazine called FISHER WORLD TREASURE NEWS and in it is an awesome article written by you on the F75!!!!! Monotone and disc of 6 and it's unmasking capabilies!!! You also included alot more good info. I sent you an email about setting up a phone training session. Did ya get it? Thanks
January 22, 2012 04:03PM
Kevin,

Yes I did........ and I did respond back to you. Did you get my response?
January 22, 2012 06:07PM
Yes i did and thanks. I am going to detect in my yard today, and an old homeplace in town, if my aunt will come by and sit with Momma. I am carring a notepad to jot down questions. I always forget the questions if I don't right them down right when they occur in my mind. I look forward to the phone session. I want to be properly prepared. I wil email this week when I am ready bearing in mind the times that you stated would be best for you. And if I call at and you are busy, we can reschedule to any time, as really anytime is best for me. Especially after I put Momma to bed. Then, I will be totally free from interuption and distraction. I am really excited about it. I am one those type who don't really have any method. I go by luck and therefore my find are limited. I randomly work an area over when I really need to methodically work the area using some way of marking where I ahve already detcted. I live in Savannah TN, about 10 miles from Shiloh, and Union (and Confederate) troops where in this town for years. I have already filled up three glass cases with buttons and bullets. But if you saw my technique (or lack thereof) you'd cringe. I am missing alot! Anway. I will be in touch.
January 23, 2012 01:52AM
I tried the NasaTom technique with great results. I then went to my test garden with the settings all in default mode, and was amazed that even my deepest target (a mercury dime) at 9 inches was detected. The defauly sensitvity is 60!!! Man, I am happy with this unit. It's not near as chattery as my last F75SE even at higher sensitivity. It is SOME, but not as much as my last one. Anyway, thanks for the ground balance technique.
January 23, 2012 12:34PM
Kevin try this on your test dime if you get a chance.
1 In boost mode , see how low you can drop sensitivity and still hit target . This will let you know if having EMI issues that you can still go deep with less sens in boost mode.
2 In boost raise sens as high as you can and still stable , lift the coil off the ground as see what air gap you can get and still hit the 9 inch dime.
This will let you know if hunting in brush or tall grass you still can get good depth.
Let us know how it goes. HH Mike

With a Disc of 6
January 23, 2012 03:02PM
Okay Gman. I will do that. Today, wsell, in a couple of hours, I have a lady coming to day-sit with Momma so that I can go to an old homesite that really SHOULD produce a silver coin or two. Of course, like every other place I have, it is blanketed with square nails and other iron junk , such as the points of old hoprse drawn hay mowers. Horseshoes. Etc. But I will perform that experiment when I return home to my test garden. I am goin to carry the literature with Tom Dankowski's article in it so that I can quick reference it. Shouldn't be much efi since I will be way back in the sticks, but there is one powerline that passes through to a nearby house. The lkandowners house. Incidentally, the landowner;s front yard waqs also a real hold homeplace. I found two confederate bullets there the other day.
While this is not on topic I will add this: The F75SE, even with some chatter, is still much less mentallly fatiguing for me when hunting iron infested areas than the AT Pro. I love the AT Pro, but when you hold it over a nail bed, it just makes a continuous roar. The F75 picks out each nail individually. The F75 suits my hunting grounds much better. But I have found alot of good stuff with the AT Pro. I just felt like sharing that since I am excited about the chance to go hunting today.
I will report back with results of above mentioned experiment. It should be a confidence builder and give ne some more insight on the capabilities of my machine. That seems to be important when in the field. Thanks for your reply.
January 23, 2012 07:39PM
Kevin,

I am in Jackson and would like to compare F75s sometime. If you are up this way I have a number of different types of locations we could use.

Fred