Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom are you planning on taking an Etrac out for a "test drive?"

Posted by kickback 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom are you planning on taking an Etrac out for a "test drive?"
December 06, 2008 02:13PM
Tom
I was wondering if you were going to evaluate this new Minelab in the near future?Bill
Re: Tom are you planning on taking an Etrac out for a "test drive?"
December 07, 2008 02:39AM
I have performed "some" inconclusive testing with the E-Trac. Thus far, I find it's recovery speed to be quite slow..... still. Unit 'nulls' too much in iron infested sites..... not good for my intended purposes. The older the site..... (naturally) the higher the iron content. Understand, this is with the large stock coil that comes with the Etrac. Did not test it in GA red dirt,,, but very certain it'll trump all other ID units in this type of environment... hands down. I am aware that my input has become (somewhat) biased now.... after having used the F-75 for approx 1800 Hrs. It has become too difficult for me to move away from the T2/F75 elliptical DD coil footprint. The more I use this specific footprint..... the more attributes surface. --My initial impressions of the ETrac were fairly positive..... but I positively verified how this unit performs in a moderately nail-infested site. I would like to say: "There's more types of detecting/hunting than just simply hunting only in iron infested sites"......... but now....... after hunting these iron infested sites; I can no longer say these words. Iron infested sites is where most all of the action (past gererational history) has taken place. . . . and where the bulk of lost targets culminate. I actually seek to find these iron infested sites. A much faster microprocessor for the ETrac would certainly be a major attribute.... and is overdue.

Tom
December 07, 2008 03:35AM
Hi Tom

The comparison test i want to see and one you may have already done is with the Whites TDI.
Some of the posted on other sited seem to indicate it to be a worthy deep coin detector in trashy sites, although it may have a steep learning curve. That being said, after reading comp. 1+2 on the F75 it also appears to have a steep curve.
Nothin for Nothin.
December 07, 2008 11:03AM
Have not had my hands on the White's unit (yet). And anytime that a VLF unit is compared to a PI unit........ the PI unit (should) win every time in severe lateritic dirt.
December 08, 2008 02:15AM
Tom You give me great hope...Talking about getting the good stuff in Iron infested areas..I have located a lot of them on my Dads Farm..170 acres...of square nails...
December 09, 2008 03:13AM
Iron trash pits.... are tough, tough areas to hunt....,,,,,,, but contain the most goodies nearly every time. IF you can learn to hunt in iron, , it's quite difficult... but quite rewarding. I have 'sifted' heavy iron pits.... and have been stunned most times. And digging some of the largest iron targets can unmask many items.