Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fast grab not working

Posted by kirk 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fast grab not working
December 13, 2008 11:14PM
Have sent my F75 in twice now to have the fast grab fixed. Came back today and I still get the can not gb error no matter where I try to balance at. Any suggestions.
Re: Fast grab not working
December 14, 2008 12:05PM
Can you manual Grnd Bal??? If so, where does it Grnd Bal at?
December 14, 2008 10:12PM
I have to admit I am no expert at ground balancing. I do not seem to be able to get it to ground balance in AM either. I have tried this since it's last trip back from Fisher Saturday at several different sites with the same results. The fast grab worked when I first got the F75 but after about 6 months it quit. I have sent it back to Fisher twice and they tell me the unit is fine. But I still can not get it to Fast Grab. Went out today and just set it at 90 with a discrimination of 6 and off I went. Just making sure if I am not missing someting before I call Fisher this week. Trying hard to love my F75.
December 15, 2008 02:35AM
Well try a different coil make sure the connection is tight try new different AA

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 15, 2008 10:04AM
Kirk,

Another thought; If your dirt has minimum minerals...... (like Florida)...... it may not Ground Bal at all. If you are manually GB'ing, and the unit is changing in sound whilst pumping the coil in the AM mode..... then the ground does indeed have minerals.
December 15, 2008 10:06AM
Tried the small coil and have reconnected the coil wire several times with no luck. Will try different batteries see if that does anything.