Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hi from the U.K.

Posted by 19beavers 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hi from the U.K.
December 22, 2008 01:21PM
Hi everyone from me in the the good old UK.

I have joined this forum to hopefully gain (and share), some knowledge about the F75 that I have been using for about the last year now. So far I am very impressed - it is simply the best machine I have used to date in my thirty years of detcting. I am based in the county of Essex near to London Stansted airport. I detect as often as I can (work permitting) and regulary attend rallies in differant parts of the UK. I have recently obtained a permit to search the foreshore of the River Thames (more of this project later). You might be interested in have a look at this website [thamesandfield.co.uk]
Re: Hi from the U.K.
December 22, 2008 02:05PM
Hello 19b, i'm a bit further north in the UK at Halifax.
My mom was brought up in Gravesend and i used to spend some time during visits to my family down there with one of my uncles on the Thames around Tillbury Docks as he was a tug boat skipper.
I used to eat those fresh shrimps that were sold by the bagfull !!
Don't get out much due to work but occasinally go to the Central Searchers digs in and around Beds, Northants etc.
I know the thames shores will be littered with old iron and nails so will be really interested to here how you go on.
Be sure to post your experiences, settings etc.
Take care. Mart.
December 22, 2008 06:55PM
I hope to experiment with the 6 x 4 coil on the F75 and using Dan's single tone program.
December 23, 2008 01:52AM
You might be more satisfied with the stock 7" x 11" coil.
December 23, 2008 03:53AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You might be more satisfied with the stock 7" x
> 11" coil.

The problem is the River Thames foreshore is almost carpeted with nails/iron junk. So I think the the smaller coil would be more effective. See this website for more info [thamesandfield.co.uk]
December 24, 2008 02:13PM
I still recommend to try them both. You may still be surprised.