Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 and Sun Ray FX1

Posted by Cuniagau 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 and Sun Ray FX1
December 26, 2008 03:10AM
Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with the F75 with the in line Sun Ray FX1 and not being about to GB? I just aquired a F75 from a friend who told me that he only used the small coil with it and didn't use the standard coil. I had a frustrating day on Wed tring to learn the machine. I have had Fisher CZs since 1994 (CZ6, CZ6a, CZ7, CZ70 PRO and CZ 20) so I know the Fisher machines. I read the manual 3 times before even taking it out and also read all I could on any of the forums about the F75.
Today I went out by myself to learn the thing. When I put on the standard coil, I could not GB the detector. I put the small coil back on and it would GB but it still performed what I would call about 50% of what I had read about it. After several times of changing coils I took the Sun Ray out of line, and the standard coil GB and performed like I had read about. I put the small coil back on with the Sun Ray out of the line and it perform really well.
I guess my question is, Has anyone else experienced this same condition? I have an e-mail in to Sun Ray about it but since it is Christmas I doubt that I will hear anything back for a while.
I have never used an inline probe before and while the small coil didn't perform all that well I was able to use the pinpointer on several targets on my Wed hunt and did like it. I can live without it but would like to have it too.
So again my question, Has anyone who has the inline Sun Ray FX1 seen less than ideal performance out of their F75? I at first thought that maybe I had just misread the manual and all of the posts.
Can someone bypass their probe and see if there are any differences? I am hoping that it is just a bad probe.
Ok, enough ranting and raving. Just checking to see if anyone else has had this problem.

Cuniagau
Re: F75 and Sun Ray FX1
December 26, 2008 11:10AM
I have had problems with my F75 ground balancing with or without the inline probe in. Right now it is at Fisher for the third time, with the same problem to see if they can fix it. Let me know what you hear from Sunray.