Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

PF or JE

Posted by 19beavers 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
PF or JE
December 29, 2008 11:13PM
Hi from the UK

Which mode do you generally find deeper PF or JE ? My ground is pretty iron free and I usually use 0 discrim and flick between the 2 modes. I am undecided which one of the two is the deeper one. I always use 2 tones.

19beavers

Oldest find to date 2000bc
Re: PF or JE
December 30, 2008 11:47AM
Hello mate, i have used both, je is pure high gain so you will use less sensitivity than either de or pf, some have said about 50% less so 80 in de or pf would be around 40% in je with no depth loss with the je mode and settings.
When i used je i found it more sensitive to smaller non ferrous items and i spent a lot of time chasing very small air rifle pellets etc and small slithers of metal.
Since many of these items were VERY close to the surface, top inch or so i soon learned that the trick in je mode before you start digging and getting frustrated is just to scrape away the top surface with your boot and rescan the target area.
Obviously these smaller top soil targets will be moved with the boot and it will safe loads of time.
Many in the UK are using 0 disc pf,2f sensitivity to suite conditions with good results.
Tom has commented favourably on 0 disc multitone settings in "compilation 1".
For real depth though especially if your not on iron infested sites try motion all metal and it will come up with the goods, the vdu readout will still be there and the iron that you do come across the low numbers still show up really well.
Like you i switch between modes on targets just to compare.
If you haven't checked out the UK forum of "Rogers Relics" then do a Google and have a look plenty of good advice on the F75 and other machines there.
Take care, Mart.Halifax UK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2008 04:59PM by mart.
December 30, 2008 01:14PM
There is no measurable depth gain on coin-sized objects when comparing JE vs. PF mode. Yes, on .177 Cal air rifle BB sized objects (and smaller) ..... is where the JE mode provides a tremendous boost in detection depth on these tiny targets. Of note: The BC mode presents a considerable depth loss on a wide range of various sized targets.

Tom
December 30, 2008 10:51PM
Hi Tom

Yes I agree with your findings. Off to the Thames Foreshore tomorrow, I'll let you know how I get on. It will be a REAL test of the F75 wet, muddy and carpeted with IRON IRON and more IRON !! also V.cold current temp in Essex -2.