Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

((((Diggers A New Metal Detecting Show))))

Posted by jimmyjiver 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
((((Diggers A New Metal Detecting Show))))
February 28, 2012 04:31AM
Hi,, A new metal detecting show is going to be on the National Geographic Channel...I think it is centered around Garrett metal detectors...The show named Diggers is currently scheduled to air on these dates..
Tuesday, Feb. 28 10pm - 11 pm EST
Saturday, March 3 10pm - 11 pm EST
Sunday, March 4 11pm - 12 am EST

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2012 03:44AM by jimmyjiver.
Re: ((((Garrett Has A New Metal Detecting Show))))
February 28, 2012 01:13PM
That's good to know.
February 28, 2012 01:50PM
why so late, I will have to record it........ Old men need their rest

Tom in SC
Comes on at 7:00 pm ......where I am at!
February 28, 2012 02:25PM
(oo)
February 28, 2012 04:06PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check it out.
February 28, 2012 08:55PM
Tmanly you can watch it at my house , it'll be on @ 9:00
February 29, 2012 01:54AM
Got my DVR programmed.
Well not me, but my wife.
February 29, 2012 04:32AM
I can't take another episode of this train wreck... another show to put our hobby in a poor light. These two hillbillies act like children, hurling dirt everywhere, making immature side bets based on inflated values we might see in the 22nd century.

- $40 for a corroded 1886 Indian Cent? I'll send you a roll of choice coins for $2000 any time.

- The audio never appeared in sync with the coil motion. Talk about audio delay, I'm certain they dubbed it after the fact. Just pathetic...

- These jag-offs dig up a 1704 plantation and run off to a dealer to collect their cash. No talk of giving the finds back to the homeowner or donating to a
local historical society.

- Why the inflated values? A dug 1910-s penny worth $30? Try $5. A heavily corroded common British copper at $60? Try $5 again. Someone please tell me the value of that dug $300 artillery button.
February 29, 2012 09:36AM
looks like a world of hurt for all of us! (w.t.f!)
all the digging on national tv?.feel like runnin' to hide under the table ,or somethin'
i'm in denial!.we are all literally,and figuratively f**ked!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 09:38AM by jmaryt.
February 29, 2012 10:55AM
I agree with jmaryt,----------this is really going to do the hobby a lot of good! I watched a few minutes of it and turned the TV off.
February 29, 2012 11:23AM
I usually average < $0.05/hr ( clad only ) then there are gas expenses etc. ???
When I am out hunting someone always asks me if I have ever found treasure ???
Then I show them what is in my pouch. I still love the challenge of it . . .
February 29, 2012 01:08PM
I knew it was going to be a huge POS travesty before it even aired. Let's see, National Geo doesn't really like detectorists, so why not put on a show that totally misrepresents the hobby & majority of the hobbyists....that serves NG's real hidden agenda.................read the general public's posts on this show.....they are seeing these guys (and now all) detectorists as archeological robbers.
Feel free to email NG and tell them to stop misrepresenting our hobby.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 01:47PM by TerraDigger.
February 29, 2012 01:10PM
Yes............ it's no wonder States and archaeologists want to 'claim' property(s).... and 'protect' them from this type of 'looting' intent.

Bad/incorrect example setting...... bad exposure/light.
February 29, 2012 01:51PM
Most had a feeling it would turn out this way.
I didn't see the show. Is it possible to watch on the computer?
Went from a tv habit to a book reading habit and really enjoy it. Not sure which one is worse, still sit on my butt, reading....love the Kindle.
Re: ((((Diggers A New Metal Detecting Show))))
February 29, 2012 01:52PM
Hi, Come on people take a chill pill...Look at all of the fancy stupid words we all learned like juice,roundness etc. LoL....This show was basically two chaps running around in circles after drinking a few cans of STUPID......I hate these reality shows that are put on the air and turn everything into a competition.....Life in my metal detecting world is far from the way this show displayed it to be...Quite frankly I hope I never have to stoop to this level of mentality....More later....JJ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2012 03:48AM by jimmyjiver.
February 29, 2012 02:09PM
The sad truth is that reality is way more interesting than what was portrayed on the show. Hours of research.....the eureka moment when you find the spot....and the excitment of the dig. Most of what this hobby is got boiled down to 30 minutes of hogwash. Having said that.....al least they didn't seem to seed their hunt....and what's up with the prices they were quoted!?!!?!?
February 29, 2012 02:12PM
Thats why they have an on and off button on a TV remote....
February 29, 2012 02:45PM
Hi, I choose to leave my button in life in the ON position so I can formulate and draw my own conclusions to what I have seen or witnessed....If I never ever seen or done anything in life then there is no purpose to my life...Mankind survives by seeing or doing things right or wrong...The most important thing in my life is learning new things and some of that comes from what I have seen or done or wish I would of never done.. ....... I then apply what I have learned to my real world scenario.....But after seeing this show I now know what not to do....If I would of turned it off I could not of learned that with out seeing this show...JJ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2012 03:49AM by jimmyjiver.
February 29, 2012 04:31PM
Maybe we should start a letter writing campaign to the National Geographic Channel in protest! Just sayin'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 04:32PM by schultzie.
February 29, 2012 04:45PM
Too bad,I just changed the station.
February 29, 2012 04:58PM
I haven't saw the show but it sure sounds bad. Is Garrett really sponsering this stuff or was that just a mis-understanding? I can't believe they would do so after hearing what you guys are saying.

Could someone post a link to NG for an email address to the department or person that might make the biggest impact? I quit reading and watching their propaganda years ago.
February 29, 2012 05:35PM
I hope Garrett did not sponsor that show. A hurricane sinks all ships, Garretts included...
February 29, 2012 06:19PM
Hi.. Hey don't get me wrong I did enjoy watching that show...Furthermore I would watch it again if not just for the WOW factor alone........I don't really appreciate them over inflating the prices on all of these reality shows....For example the show Storage Wars if it wasn't for Brandi Passante (Another Wow Factor) I probably wouldn't watch it at all...All I can say is bada bing baby that's why I do this thing ...LoL....JJ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2012 03:51AM by jimmyjiver.
March 01, 2012 03:46AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes............ it's no wonder States and
> archaeologists want to 'claim' property(s).... and
> 'protect' them from this type of 'looting'
> intent.
>
> Bad/incorrect example setting...... bad
> exposure/light.

our hobby is supposed to be "progressing"
not in "free fall!" idiotic antics,improperly covered holes,
we are being exploited,(pitched) for monetary gain.
we do NOT need this!.especially on a national level!
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
Tri
March 01, 2012 10:40AM
Here is the feedback page: ( [www.nationalgeographic.com] )

Send comments or questions regarding our television programming.

( comments@natgeochannel.com )
March 02, 2012 05:41AM
If I get a fake ID and someone stupid to hunt with and a camera crew does that mean I can hunt on all of those old sights we can never get permission to hunt on?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 02, 2012 10:59PM
This particular show only benefits Garret, and that makes me dislike that company even less. They're ruining the hobby right in front of us, and they don't seem to care.
March 03, 2012 01:02AM
This puts metal detecting in a good light.

[www.youtube.com]
Re: ((((Garrett Has A New Metal Detecting Show)))) My answer to Nat. Geo
March 03, 2012 01:17AM
Hi Guys this is what I wrote to Nat. Geo.

To whom it concerns:

I'm a metal detectorist and have been for over 36 years and I'm sorry to say your program the "Digger" was very disgusting as far as this hobby goes. You have 2 people that are acting like out of control kids with pranks or jokes that just doesn't fit the idea of the hobby..As far as being in a professional realm of detecting it leaves much to be desired. Most of the detecting web sites had a field day about this show, but not in a good way. The majority were in favor of this show not to continue on your programing. It is going to give detecting a bad taste in most people's mind. This is what most of us try not to do, and to educate people of the good that we do, returning loss articles to people from beaches, school events and giving back to the history of places long gone and forgotten.
I ask you Please to reconsider this show and not give it anymore time on your great programing that you do have..From seeing this show I'm somewhat in disgrace for our hobby and thinking people will look at me in the same attitude as your two clowns. This show should be categorized as a take off of the 3 stooges.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2012 01:36AM by LiL John.
Re: ((((Garrett Has A New Metal Detecting Show)))) My answer to Nat. Geo
March 03, 2012 01:52AM
THANKS for taking the time to write/send this! Let us know if they respond back!