Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP Deus now sold in US

Posted by go-rebels 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
XP Deus now sold in US
March 03, 2012 01:00PM
Carried by Big Boy Hobbies for $1900. Two year warranty and fully software upgradable.

Here's an interesting old video of a first time user: [www.youtube.com]

Eventually Tom <%#}]¥+^ will have to give it a run in his test garden. I'd be very interested to hear his opinion.
Re: XP Deus now sold in US
March 03, 2012 01:17PM
You beat me to it .
There is a repair shop in the States also.
Tom #$*#!@_)(*& THATS FUNNY.

Bart seems like a go - geter bringing the Deus over.

I asked him to get the NEL coils for his next trick. I mean @$# coils

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2012 01:24PM by gman.
March 03, 2012 01:31PM
Did I miss something? I found nothing special about this 15-minute video.
March 03, 2012 02:30PM
March 03, 2012 06:58PM
NASA-Tom
Did I miss something? I found nothing special.

That's the point...
March 03, 2012 07:29PM
I posted on a Finds thread regarding the unit (in the general detecting forum). I was just being honest, I said it's a great machine but it's not as deep as the E-Trac and it loses it's ID at depth.

Bart from Big Boy Hobbies replied (not to me) but with "So far I am seeing at least equal depth of the Minelabs. Very good target I'd. "

Now, I know that to be untrue from speaking with many people here in Europe as well as watching videos. The Deus loses it's ID at depth and just beeps. I'm not saying its bad per say, but it is true.

Now, "At least equal depth of the Minelabs" is an awfully big statement to say. He didn't give the soil type but again, I've spoken to quite a few people and even had some conversations via PM with one of the first people to buy the detector in the states. He also said it was really nice, but not as deep (though deep).

I'm waiting for that new Fisher CZ. After Dave's latest posts about the new graphic or ID system, he has me hooked. Hopefully it will be light too :-)
March 03, 2012 07:37PM
I've had my Deus for just about 14 months now...and it's definitely true LOVE! I've been meaning to post this..and perhaps this thread is appropriate.

I finally ran a rough depth test at the beach a few days ago using silver quarters. I buried one each at 4", 6" and 8" deep. I was able to max out the sensitivity at 99 and ran it at 4K Hz. The VDI was great for the shallower quarters..from 82 to 84...but the 8" depth disapointingly showed 95 to 98. No problem getting a signal...it was loud and clear ...BUT ... I'd like an accurate VDI.

There are tweaks I've got to study to try to improve this. Recovery speed is adjustable from a 0 to 5 ...with deepest being 0. I normally run at 2 or 3. It also has three otherr frequencies it can run at (switchable at the push of a button), 8K, 12K and 18K. I'm assuming the 4K is deepest. (am I...are we...obsessed with DEPTH?)

Every time I detect I carry a bag of silver dimes and quarters just to run these tests...but detecting always gets in my way. Hopefully nest tests will be with the dimes at 6", 8", 10", 12".

Regards, Joe
March 03, 2012 08:05PM
watch all the videos of this user Deus test performs well
[www.youtube.com]
March 03, 2012 09:06PM
Not convinced by what I`ve seen.
Has anyone submerged the coil and tested the machine, is it true you have to use a snorkle wire to get a connection between control and coil???
March 03, 2012 09:52PM
Pullringking Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not convinced by what I`ve seen.
> Has anyone submerged the coil and tested the
> machine, is it true you have to use a snorkle wire
> to get a connection between control and coil???

Yes, that is correct information. I have submerged the coil and the signal gets cut off. It's not really a big deal to get a piece of Coaxial cable and attach other end of the wire to the coil and other end near the remote control to make the detector work underwater.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2012 10:00PM by Etsija82.
March 03, 2012 10:24PM
The 'underwater issue' has a curious cause. Water absorbs radio signals at 2.4GHz, which is why it's not a useful radio frequency, as atmospheric moisture blocks it. Microwave ovens run at this frequency because water absorbs it so readily. This is why the 2.4 GHz radio band (ISM, industrial,scientific,medical) was opened-up licence-free: it was seen as not commercially useful. But it does mean your Deus coil won't work underwater. Presumably neither will most WiFi, 2.4GHz model R/C gear, bluetooth equipment and many more things.
March 04, 2012 06:09AM
If your looking for good user videos for the Deus, look no farther than Ged "Peacehavens" in the Yorkshire Dales, England. Starting with this video and almost daily hunts he shows off his finds as he digs them and gives info on the Deus too.

[youtu.be]
March 04, 2012 06:28AM
Ok there's 5mins of my life I'll never get back.
March 04, 2012 08:56AM
Aaron Wrote:
> Ok there's 5mins of my life I'll never get back.

LOL, just 1:11 of my life ;-)
March 04, 2012 11:00AM
That's the beauty of yours Albert...quick/to the point/ lesson learned , no BS.
Of coarse it helps being a teacher!
March 04, 2012 04:38PM
The XP Deus has many options other machines don't have, yet.

You can switch frequencies on the fly from 4,8,12,18 khz. Speed up or slow down recovery speed and many many other options.

Its VERY flexible on changing your hunting style with the push of a button to say the least.

I took it out Sat and was very impressed. Didn't find anything great but neither did anyone else I was with. Its ability in iron was very good. I plan on using it much more before I give a real eval.

Super lightweight headphones were AWESOME!! Great job on those!
March 05, 2012 08:07AM
most likely jury will be out for a while on this one.
it appears if you are coin hunting,you would go with
just one frequency,find a comfortable "default" setting with maybe an occasional "tweek"
and run with that.granted having the option of running different frequencies is nice,along with the wireless
setup,but to be perfectly truthful,IF you just use it for this specialized application,you will be paying
for other features you may never use.,and paying handsomely.as strictly a coin shooter,i am interested
in "performance",so therefore i want to determine how this detector "performs"in the field where it counts
and to also determine if this detector does it 'better" than any thing else currently available it IS a different approach,
but is it a 'better approach? only time will tell...just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 08, 2012 04:46PM
Here is an interesting report by Andy Sabisch on the Finds forum.

[www.findmall.com]

[www.findmall.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2012 04:50PM by schultzie.
March 08, 2012 05:01PM
Read before you buy !!!
[xpdeusfan.free.fr]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2012 05:03PM by Denari.
March 10, 2012 02:59PM
FMall now has a new Deux forum dedicated to this machine, but unfortunately, you have to be careful what you post. The first "sticky" is, of course, a no comparisons allowed warning from Mr. Black. So Andy Sabisch writes a good post comparing the Deus to two 'other' detectors... both unmentioned, but you can imagine the manufacturer. Still, he compares signals on common targets so it would be nice to know to what he is comparing. I guess I'll just have one of my buddies over there PM him. Andy sells these detectors too so you have to wonder how unbiased he can be: [www.TreasureHuntersTradingPost.us] Nevertheless, there's lots of good information over there.

Of course this post here has stirred them up, I guess fearing the inevitable comparisons: [www.findmall.com]

To monitor is good; to control is still better. Gotta be tough being the Guv...
March 10, 2012 03:35PM
go-rebels Wrote:
> Andy sells these detectors too so you have
> to wonder how unbiased he can be:
> [www.TreasureHuntersTradingPost.us]
> Nevertheless, there's lots of good information
> over there.

Well, I was wondering the same thing but Andy has used every high detector on the market and I believe him when he says he is not brand loyal & uses what works. Don't we all??? Anyway, why would you sell something you don't believe in?!! I have read a lot over there about this unit. I think its got some interesting features and has its place on someone's wall. I'm not fond of the $1900 price tag though and not convinced its an out of the ball park detector. BUT... I wonder how many people thought the same thing about Minelab units back in the day??????
March 10, 2012 03:43PM
I read Andy's posts and he seemed to avoid the E-Trac vs. Deus on depth questions, saying the proverbial depth isn't the most important thing, which is true, but that wasn't the question that was asked and he never got to answering it. But I can as I researched the Deus for a good year so I spoke to many people who had it. I can with pretty good certainty say the Deus loses the VID on deeper targets but still has a nice tone at depth. It's nice that at least the sponsors seem to get along ok there ;-)

I wonder. How much does it even cost to run a forum? I mean Finds is huge, so props to the sponsors for helping. But at the same time restricting information is so 1984 and yet is being done daily in the name of sponsors. IT is a microcosm of the macrocosm in America (and elsewhere). Sponsors are like Lobbyists, out of control to a point but also perhaps needed.

I for one would pay a little to change the policy at Finds. With all the members, wouldn't 90% of them just pay $1 (or even more) a year to get rid of the sponsors and have it as a big free flowing bowl of information? The Mods aren't paid and they seem to do most of the work. Metal Detectors are not a huge volume item, I just don't see the sense in restricting communication about them.
March 10, 2012 07:00PM
Ronald Reagan = "TRUST..... BUT VERIFY"

Albert............ Why not perform the 'head-to-head' comparison on this forum? The posts will be protected...... and the price is right.
March 10, 2012 07:15PM
You know that Andy will write a book about his new found detector. Even though it isn't new. So I think his opinion is going to be positive. What is he going to do? This detector is way over priced so spend 20.00 on my book.
March 10, 2012 07:24PM
Tom, I would love to do a comparison but I don't have access to the Deus. My back woud love to find out that the Deus goes as deep as the E-Trac as well! Right now I am down to only an E-Trac - I sold my V3i and Omega for money reasons. I will try to do more comparisons with the 12X13 NEL - 13" Detech -Stock coil.

I am saving for a new CZ if they release it this year. I will compare it to the E-Trac and then (hopefully) sell the heavier E-Trac. Due to my iron mineralized soil I think I'll stick with a mulit frequency unit. I'm still wondering why the V3i lost VDI depth in my soil in 3 freq. I guess it is the difference in GB?

Albert
March 10, 2012 07:34PM
Yeah, somebody should do some "Head to Head" tests between Xp Deus and Minelab E-trac, i would like to see them.smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2012 07:41PM by Etsija82.
March 10, 2012 08:54PM
I'm also very intrested as is my bad right shoulder. If it could just come close to the E-trac in my area it would be worth a look for its light weight and cordless phones. Don't get me wrong I love the E-trac as I stated before,It just seems like everybody and there brother in my area has one! That is one reason why I still love the CZ-3D as every one around here calls it an "OLD" Detector as on the other forum. I told that know it all they still make CZ-3D's! That is one reason I hope they do come out with an awesome new CZ-3D!
March 10, 2012 09:09PM
Here is a new Xp Deus Youtube video:
[www.youtube.com]
March 10, 2012 11:32PM
Someone brought up a good point about Andy....that being, have you ever seen him give a bad report on a detector? Food for thought. The few that are shouting the praises for the Deus just so happen to be dealers for it....sponsors to Findmall as well. Yep I will say its the best thing since toilet paper too, if I am making money on selling it lol
March 11, 2012 12:02AM
Bart is a good guy though and an E-trac lover. If he says it is a good machine then most likely is. But that is a nice chunk of change so you need to research it like any other investment. One thing you have to admit though,That is one cool looking machine!