Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New XP Deus video

Posted by Stoopstroop 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New XP Deus video
March 20, 2012 02:00AM
Re: New XP Deus video
March 20, 2012 02:28AM
Ha ha, looks like the Deus can hold it's own against the E-trac.smiling smiley
March 20, 2012 02:40AM
Nice videos, I give him a lot of credit, 12x12 and 3hrs is a big area to grid, to bad there was only one target.
Hopefully he'll find another spot, and check ahead for multiple non ferrous targets.
Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2012 02:42AM by Aaron.
March 20, 2012 03:08AM
Phase wrap-around on large silver?

And.......... with the 7" deep 1923 Mercury dime ....... looks like the Minelab required a higher Sens setting to optimize this target........ and would then acquire this coin with a very reliable hard-hitting textbook response.
March 20, 2012 04:32AM
That's Oklahoma dirt for you...where a 7" dime is a fairly deep target, that requires higher (and manual) sensitivity to ascertain solidly. Factory preset semi-auto sensitivity, as NASA-Tom has said, is a substantially degraded way to run an FBS unit in my experience.

I notice also that the 1923 coin was only 7" deep -- and that dirt was dark, rich soil, not the typical dense, red clay. Coin "sinkage" here is nothing like what is often discussed in some other areas; I am confident when I say that even mid to late 1800s coins are usually no deeper than the 6-8" depth range (most often 4-6"), and almost all less than 10" barring fill dirt/excavation -- with these numbers based on both first-hand and second-hand experience.

I was amazed by the Deus' speed in that video. Given "typical" coin depths here -- obviously well within the depth range of the Deus, and the heavy weight of the FBS units...I think this could be a very effective coin machine in Oklahoma-type areas.

It's interesting -- so much buzz about these machines; whether you are "for" or "against" them, the "buzz" says something; to me, what it says is, the Deus, being somewhat "unique" -- wireless, no real "control box," and so amazingly light, is having an impact in terms of buyers, even at the $2K price point. If this makes other manufacturers stand up and take notice, that's a GOOD thing...

Steve
March 20, 2012 11:52AM
Yes........... this pricing (price-points) I have brought up to Mfr's for quite some time.
March 20, 2012 06:40PM
I've found the stock coil program not acceptable. In a perfect area with no trash, iron or mineralization maybe, but If I had been relying on the stock program I would never have found some of my silver.
March 20, 2012 07:12PM
Tom, what is the approximate profit margin on a typical mid-range popular detector for a typical major manufacturer? This is profit realized to the manufacturer, not the dealer.
March 20, 2012 07:54PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Phase wrap-around on large silver?

I heard the nuances and indications myself...

??
March 20, 2012 09:17PM
markg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've found the stock coil program not acceptable.

Mark...I am assuming that was a typo and meant stock COIN program...which I agree 100% with you. That is not a good program for any deep or advanced type hunting. I would seem to think most hunters who buy an E-Trac are experienced and would recognize right away via testing and in the field real world hunting that the stock coin program ain't gonna get it done when looking for deep silver or any lower conductive targets.
March 20, 2012 10:55PM
Okay.....I did the same test with my Omega and the 11" DD in regards to the Deus 'Fast 3' mode. Coins were spaced like in the video. Guess what...it read every coin separately like the Deus. So what is the big improvement over other machines with Fast Mode 3/4/5? I decreased my coin spacing (4.5" apart from coin center to coin center) from the video's coin spacing, was still able to get separate hits on all of them. If you doubt my results, replicate the test yourself with an Omega/11" DD.

clad dime
mercury dime
nickle
IH penny
bronze medallion - size of a nickle

70 sens - 28 GB - 40 disc
March 20, 2012 11:19PM
Do the same test with the G2/GB Pro!
March 21, 2012 12:35AM
go-rebels ............ approx 100% nominal average.
March 21, 2012 01:19AM
Thanks Tom. Most of the cost of a detector must be in recovering development and amortized tooling (mainly injection mold tooling for plastic parts). The bits and pieces are individually very inexpensive.
March 21, 2012 10:03AM
Correct.