Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

WTB: Sunray FZ-12 coil for Fisher CZ-3D

Posted by Lipservice 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
WTB: Sunray FZ-12 coil for Fisher CZ-3D
March 29, 2012 03:51PM
My son has been using my Fisher 10.5" coil so much on his CZ-3D I can't seem to claim it back!
I know the FZ-12s are hard to find but I'm sure someone has one they would part with. Let me know. I sure would like to try one.
My Fisher chest harness makes swinging the bigger coils a snap smiling smiley
Re: WTB: Sunray FZ-12 coil for Fisher CZ-3D
April 02, 2012 07:16PM
Lots of CZ users on this forum! Surely someone has a FZ-12 they would part with?
April 02, 2012 10:08PM
You still lookin for that thing??-----Well, if Michael (mastcard) wouldn't sell you his---give Ralph a call, he may be able to help ya.
April 03, 2012 03:41AM
You would have to pry that coil from me!......andI use the E-TRAC most of the time.
April 03, 2012 01:54PM
I should have kept mine along with my 1021,But like a fool I traded them in on an F-75 years ago. The F-75 wasn't for me so I tried to get them back a week later and both were long gone. Oh well live and learn.
April 03, 2012 02:52PM
I contacted Ralph.
"We have not had them in stock for years. Sorry."
Ralph (Sun Ray)

So finding a FZ-12 is like seeing a unicorn or winning the mega-millions!

You guys are killin' me smiling smiley I know there's a FZ-12 being hoarded out there somewhere...
April 03, 2012 03:10PM
Lipservice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I contacted Ralph.
> "We have not had them in stock for years. Sorry."
> Ralph (Sun Ray)
>
> So finding a FZ-12 is like seeing a unicorn or
> winning the mega-millions!
>
> You guys are killin' me smiling smiley I know there's a FZ-12
> being hoarded out there somewhere...

Yeah, I knew Ralph had long since stopped making them.---Just thought he might be able to give you a lead on where to find a used one.-------It's a funny thing, when they first came out, I printed out a test report & gave it to a guy in TX (relic hunter) that I knew and he thanked me kindly for the report but just wasn't interested in buying the coil.---I'll bet he's still kickin himself in the rear over that one.-------Can't say anything much better for myself---I could have bought 'em all day long "back then" and didn't do it--too old & arthritic to kick myself in the butt now though! grin------No, I'm not a dealer, just a "tector nut"! (grin, again)-----------Del
April 03, 2012 03:32PM
Del... I surely missed the boat on the FZ-12s myself. my first Fisher was a 552D in 1978 but have owned several CZ series detectors since that one.
Had several 10.5" Fisher loops but never quite wanted to splurge for a FZ-12 cuz they have always been pricey. So the search continues smiling smiley
April 04, 2012 12:13AM
.................. I still prefer the Fisher 10.5" coil.
April 04, 2012 04:36PM
I owned an early one and sold it cheap(my bad) as I had quit hunting beaches.....superior coverage, several inches more depth, cosmetic design seemed to make it easier to swing.....pinpointed well and pricey when new and really pricey now that they are no longer made...I feel Sunray thought the CZ was on its way out so unfortunately stopped producing them...
April 04, 2012 05:19PM
Funny thing you should jump in here Dan. When I Googled FZ-12 I found one of your old posts about the FZ-12 at Finds.
Also found other posts about the Sunray being almost exactly the same weight as the Fisher 10.5"... something about
the Sunrays using a lightweigt epoxy. I also read the FZ-12 is deeper than the Fisher 10.5" in more than one place. As
it should be... it is bigger. I used the Fisher 10.5" yesterday for 6 hours with the CZ-3D chestmounted. And did find an
indianhead cent and a Barber dime at 9" on the old golf course. The 8" loop will not do that here in our dirt. So my hope
is a FZ-12 getting a dime at 10" here.

Now the good news! I FOUND AND PURCHASED a FZ-12 just minutes ago! All my squaking paid off smiling smiley
April 04, 2012 07:19PM
GOOD FOR YOU, persistance pays off!!-----Let us know how you do with it.
April 05, 2012 12:12AM
Lipservice the Coil Gods must be againt you .

If that is my coil your trying to buy , Finds Forum is down , cant read your PM
April 05, 2012 12:45AM
Yes, Ralph has a "secret-formula" for the epoxy in his coils, you'll find they are ALOT lighter than the SEF's. The 12" Invader is lighter than the 10.5 Fisher and the 12" X-12 for the Etrac/Explorer is only a couple ounces heavier than the Procoil, though I still use it mostly.
April 05, 2012 03:44AM
gman... PM sent to you.
Thanks
Terry