Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP DEUS - Real World field-test

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: XP DEUS - Real World field-test
April 25, 2012 12:55AM
Dino-UK............... just the DEUS................ or the info on the DEUS and the GMP?
April 25, 2012 01:07AM
These European forums are hard to join. After registering on them I wait for activation that doesn't happen. Does the Guv control Europe? I would really like to read up on the Deus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2012 01:09AM by goodmore.
April 25, 2012 01:14AM
Sorry, the only Deus information is on Findmall. The Guv has sued Europe and has temporarily shut down all off-shore metal detecting forums. Those guys hunting for hammered silver are really angry now.

Listen up! Y'all better read this site in depth. Gary's at the Tallahassee courthouse right now looking to shut down all internet traffic in/out of the state of Florida.

I really liked this site...
April 25, 2012 01:22AM
Gary who?????? How can he have that much power? I don't understand?? NasaTom, what is going on about shutting all internet traffic in and out of Florida?
April 25, 2012 01:53AM
this is where I go to read about what is going on in the UK

[rogers-relics-uk.com]

Great site and very friendly folks

Tom in SC
April 25, 2012 04:47AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dino-UK............... just the
> DEUS................ or the info on the DEUS and
> the GMP?

All XP machines Tom, do be patient when you register as it took a couple of days until I recieved my activation email.

Tmanly is correct, Rogers is another excellent UK Forum with Deus and GMP sections.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2012 04:48AM by Dino- UK.
April 25, 2012 06:50PM
hey Dino I think what Tom was asking is did you post his finding's on the GMP also ...Along with the DEUS finding's...he has a field test on both on here...

Keith
April 25, 2012 10:14PM
What a shame, if true.
April 25, 2012 11:31PM
tmanly Wrote:
> this is where I go to read about what is going on
> in the UK
>
> [rogers-relics-uk.com]
>
> Great site and very friendly folks
>
> Tom in SC

Yes, I recently joined this forum. If you want to have access to the Deus and GMP subforums, you'll heve to contribute 10 pounds via paypal. I think that it was $16 US. I'm not griping about the fee. I paid it with no hesitation. Just giving a heads up. It's a great forum, like someones else said, with friendly people.
April 26, 2012 03:29AM
It appears he only posted the Deus field test.
April 26, 2012 04:58PM
turtleman Wrote:
> It appears he only posted the Deus field test.

I've now posted the GMP also.
April 26, 2012 09:04PM
Hi all, try this forum link. You can read about real life experiences and some of the many issues people in Europe are encountering.
[www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2012 09:05PM by Pullringking.
April 26, 2012 11:24PM
goodmore Wrote:
> These European forums are hard to join. After
> registering on them I wait for activation that
> doesn't happen. Does the Guv control Europe? I
> would really like to read up on the Deus.

the "guv" is influential! be forewarned!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
April 27, 2012 09:29PM
My Deus came today and I charged it up. In two hours it said full on both the coil and control box (No wireless headphones for me). I got out for 3 hours or so (battery levels didn't change) and hit a spot that I had hit extensively with my V3i (now departed) and then a little bit with my E-Trac - medium small and stock coils.

I ran with a slightly modified GMP (program 2) - Disc 5, Freq 11.7, Audio Response 3, 4 tones and I moved the two upper breakpoints to fit my average coins here (63-88, 89+). The mineralization index was no bars most of the time and sometimes at 3 - saw it hit the midpoint a few times but think that was an anomaly. The GB was ranging from 80 - 90 most of the time, sometimes lower. I used tracking as the GB point after pumping seemed to move quite a bit and so I thought to ditch pumping, and it worked well apparently.

I pulled a small jewelry cross (Jesus broke up and off), small jewelry button, partial spoon handle, heart locket, thimble, small pin, another picture locket, 3 smaller coins (1924 & 2X 1925's - all hit around 70), a heavy copper bracelett. (No precious metals with the preceding). The Deus reminded me a little of the T2 in how it was very sensitive to small objects BUT the Deus runs much quiter. I also ran the sensitivity at 92 at the end, was too chatty above that. Took me the first 2 hours to get a feel for the signals as they are shorter than I'm used to on the E-Trac - a bit more condensed with info I guess. I dug some very small metal bits and even pinpointed them to make sure they weren't small bits, but I still got fooled and fooled bad. The deepest target I dug was exactly 7" and it gave NO VID and was around .5" X 2" and flat. I dug another target (screw) that was 2" deep and gave NO VID, except when out of the ground (22 I think) - Must have been near iron is my guess. I mostly dug signals above 65 or so, but played with some down to 50. I was really looking for coins and the 3 I found were only 3" to 5" deep and hit quite well and sounded coin like (2 of them I KNOW I had been over in the past). I dug a few NO VID signals (4 or so) and only one was deep, the others were small targets not deep at all - a bit frustrating. As with many detectors those small bits often are tough on me.

I used my Gray Ghost DMC headphones with an adapter and as others have said the adapters don't fit in all the way and it made for getting a signal tough - I was often fidgeting with the cable where it plugs into the control box. My mp3 buds work fine though, but they don't sound clear, rather a bit fuzzy (and yet they are great quality for music). I have to try to fiile down the metal at the base on the 3.5mm male end so it can go deeper into the control unit and that will fix things I'm positive.

The Good - Very light machine & I was able to pack it up in ONE BACKPACK with my digging tools and such! Made for easy biking. Very fast even with reactivity on 2 (played with Deus fast but no real need for it here.). Relatively intuitive to use (My menu is in German and I still was able to go through it pretty easily - most words are almost the same). The sounds have a nice nuance to them, in particular around the edges if that makes sense. Will take some learning for sure.

The "Will take some gettings used to" - The meter really jumps around (at times, not always), again reminding me of my T2. It doesn't do this on all targets though. Buttons could be larger - need to use your finger nail sometimes but not a biggy. Will take time to learn the sounds, they are much shorter than on my E-Trac. Small targets (like 1/4" or less) were a real problem for me, I dug too many of those but started to get a bit better at them by the end of the hunt.

April 27, 2012 09:38PM
Nice report Albert.
I've only got 10hrs on mine so far, it was alittle confusing and needed to keep reviewing the manuel. I am feeling a lot more comfortable w it and I find it hits on the smaller targets alot more harder than my etrac and quieter than the LTD SE. I will be getting a lot of time on it this weekend and going to a old homesite.

Your back has least got to be lovin that DEUS!

Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2012 09:40PM by Aaron.
April 27, 2012 11:01PM
Each time out you will get a little better. You will also find some settings that you just feel right with. The junk will taper off.
April 28, 2012 05:55PM
Remember that dropping down a frequency will keep the Deus from sounding off on the little stuff. I had to drop to 8 Khz today. I was in an area whers the little pieces were just mind numbing. Dropping to 8 really quieted down the detector.
April 28, 2012 06:13PM
Thanks goodmore - trust me, I won't forget that! I think I just have to learn those shorter sounds in general - much less room for mistake. I think the machine is designed to hit them well. I was hoping that the Deus' pinpoint would help some, and it did, but I just need a lot more seasoning.
July 01, 2012 08:07AM
When designing a tuned circuit you have to decide the center freq and bandwidth. Most likely the center freq for all multi freq machines is somewhere near the middle and it accommodates the other frequencies by being adjusted for a wide bandwidth - this is usually done by adding resistance to the tuned circuit. As bandwidth goes up gain goes down and vice a versa.

Bryanna

Keith Southern Wrote:
> I myself personally after having used the GMP see
> the DEUS a little less for intended purpose iron
> hunitng for artifact's a little more for coin
> hunting though when compared to the GMP......But
> If i had never had a GMP I would be more than
> pleased with the DEUS...Not knocking the DEUS one
> bit it's an outstanding machine...but that's
> before discovering the GMP also...
>
> One thing right off the bat though is the DEUS is
> more behaved in iron than the GMP...GMP is very
> noisy in iron but communicates volumes if you
> listen...the DEUS is more pleasing yet very
> capable..
>
> There's something different about the GMP I cant
> quite explain but it does something a little extra
> in iron..not much but something...Audio wise more
> than anything else..
>
> I would love to have either...I just have the GMP
> and like what it does...
>
> I know in the U.K. they have some reason also for
> running the GMP at like half throttle..Not sure
> why..I can actually run it into the red zone on
> power pretty easily...in dense iron seem's to give
> more umph...
>
>
> when you say they don't tune the white's coil's to
> a freq ..I wonder what they do? there has to be
> some sort of spec's they are aligned on...makes
> you wonder does it not?
>
> .that same coil will fit on a MXT..
>
> Wonder if it's a harmonic coil?
>
> Thanks for the info
>
> Keith
Deus Questions: (????) (Edited for clarification of quoted material)
December 06, 2013 06:50AM
Re: Deus Questions: (????) (Edited for clarification of quoted material)
December 06, 2013 05:34PM
Thanks Keith.
Old threads don't die........... they just get stronger, keep everybody on the same page...... and some of the questions may have already been answered within the body of the original thread.
Re: Deus Questions: (????) (Edited for clarification of quoted material)
December 07, 2013 02:50AM
I hear ya Tom...

your welcome for Sure!!

Keith
January 10, 2014 03:51AM
bump
April 30, 2014 12:49PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Good report Tom!!
>
> I too find the GMP to have a slighlty better
> Audio....seem's more blendable..I think the DEUS
> tones sort of chop together a little compared to
> the GMP's analog system...But if a person did not
> have a GMP there would be no performnce loss...
>
> Today my Buddy and I burried a clad modern Quarter
> in the wood's at a measured 15 inches on clean
> ground......he had the f75ltd with 11" bi
> axial...I used the DEUS.....
>
> The only freq that would hit the Quarter was 4Khz
> but the reactivity had to be on zero..1 would
> chop 2 was gone....but the zero 4 khz 99 sens gave
> a smooth repeatable signal both way's on the 15
> inch quarter.....
>
> The F75 ltd was tested on 99 boost...Not even a
> iron grunt....then the cache mode still no iron
> grunt...all metal threshold would waiver on it but
> faint and spotty..
>
> ground was 85 with 1 fe bar.
>
> Interesting to see what freq changing can do...No
> other freq would hit the ultra deep quarter...
>
>
> Thanks for the field testing...
>
> Keith

The F75 LTD not a peep
I'm impressed
And with the stock 8" coil too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2014 12:51PM by markg.
April 30, 2014 09:11PM
you should be able to join [www.xp-ownersforum.com]
other american guys are on there ok .

another good forum is [www.detectingwales.com]
very knowledgable forum

metaldetectingforum seems to have problems with their email applications for some reason i had trouble joining and i am in the UK, so keep on trying
September 16, 2014 05:37PM
Bump.......... for nearly a dozen requests.
September 18, 2014 03:36PM
How is the audio on coins at depth for the Deus 3.2? For instance on the Gold Maxx Power, coins at about the 6" range and less really blare in my headphones and I have to use the limiter, at around 7 to 8", not as loud, but still good audio and from about 9" and deeper, a faint signal. How do the 2 compare?
September 18, 2014 07:15PM
Same audio Ron...

One the deepies on the DEUS though you can turn up the report..But you will loose some of the modualtion like you hear on the GMP 9 inch and deeper faint sounds...I leave the DEUS set up audio modulation wise like the GMP ...

The DEUS audio on the 3.2 Vs 2.0 is more defined-pronouncedp-exact-cleaner...

Keith
September 18, 2014 10:18PM
Can the GB be a "global setting" when switching between programs?
September 21, 2014 06:11PM
bump for the op