Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Any Blisstool users

Posted by gman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Any Blisstool users
May 07, 2012 05:37PM
Any users out there that bought them in the USA.
With the flood of questions about ML hAS bLISS delivered a order yet.
Re: Any Blisstool users
May 08, 2012 10:21AM
From what I hear, NO.
Forums now quiet.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
May 08, 2012 11:46AM
I've paid for one but not got it. I love the videos on it in VA and such but I don't care how good it is....I'm giving it another couple weeks and if no unit is produced I'm giving my waiting list spot to someone more patient than me and getting my $ back.
Anonymous User
May 08, 2012 12:16PM
Hello. Please relax. I can CONFIRM that the first units have been shipped - however we can never predict when customs will release them after they arrive.
I would venture to say (to be safe) they'll arrive in less than 2 weeks.

Daniel - you are on the first order - so you get yours immediately.

I'd venture to say, the CTX does no better than the E-Trac in the Culpeper type dirt. That is not their main target audience...why would they ever damage the sales of their $5000 GPX - they got everyone all hyped up about it as the greatest thing...and it may be deep and cut thru the mineralization...but 12" on a nail in the hard packed clay - that's not for me...

Thanks.
May 08, 2012 03:45PM
I'm not getting mad or anything...just getting a bit antsy. I sold two metal detectors to be able to fund a new machine and now I don't have a detector to use at all. I was going to buy the Deus and when I saw the first Culpeper video I changed my mind and went for the Bliss instead. Only antsy because $1,100 is still a lot of money to me and I've spent it and don't have anything to show for it yet, other than an order confirmation smiling smiley I noticed while I was shaving this morning that I think I have a grey hair now hahah

We don't do much hunting locally in the summer anyway...there is a window of opp that we can hit in early May when the farmers are getting their first cuts of hay. Usually we've had some rain to soften the ground a bit and with the newly cut fields, we get a couple more weeks of hunting in before it gets 95 degrees and 95% humidity by 10 a.m. We've had a small amount of rain come through in the form of pop up showers...been dry other wise...but the farmers are cutting their fields now, so I'm seeing the window open but no machine to hunt with. Thus adding to the antsy part. I think I'll go fishing now or I'll get depressed.
May 08, 2012 04:50PM
I should be getting mine anytime to???
May 08, 2012 05:19PM
I thing the 3030 took the wind out of the sail's of other machines for the moment as far as forums go...

it will subside and then people will start seeking out other machine's again..

Minelab has quite the following and it show's..

Keith
Anonymous User
May 09, 2012 12:17AM
Hey Dan - I tested the Deus out in Culpeper...
As they say in Brooklyn.."fahghetabouttit"..it doesn't work well in that dirt at all...
You made a better choice.
Soon you will have it.
May 11, 2012 04:36AM
barryny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Dan - I tested the Deus out in Culpeper...
> As they say in Brooklyn.."fahghetabouttit"..it
> doesn't work well in that dirt at all...
> You made a better choice.
> Soon you will have it.

Wish I had mine to?
Anonymous User
May 11, 2012 08:30PM
Dan - your unit is in NY customs as of this morning.
Won't be much longer 'till you get it..

Barry
May 11, 2012 09:34PM
Barry,
Hope you have the chance to compare the Bliss against the new Minelab in the near future.
Should be interesting!
May 11, 2012 10:48PM
Woo Hoo!! I will take that. Maybe customs will hurry and release it. I got 4 days off ahead of me. But knowing my luck it will come when I start my 12 hr rotation again (Wednesday) and have to work five 12s in a row before I get another day off.
Anonymous User
May 11, 2012 10:59PM
We have a CTX 3030 coming to us from a dealer so we'll give it a whirl as soon as we get out there with it some and feel comfortable (to test against it).
Carter is a long time E-Trac user so it shouldn't be too hard for him to feel comfy with the CTX fairly quickly.
The features that they really seem to have jacked up don't look like it has enhanced the depth versus the E-Trac???
So I'm sure the strengths of the Blisstool (extreme depth in extreme conditions) will still prevail - we shall see...
Also we're comparing an $1100 machine to something that will probably be in the neighborhood of $2300.
May 11, 2012 11:53PM
Yep I think you're right...not really a depth enhancement on the CTX but more of a more accurate target ID system. Had it of been a pulse technology it might have been different but in the case I'm seeing now...I think the Bliss will come out the better of the two as for depth.
May 12, 2012 02:43AM
Depth, seems to always be a topic of discussion about detectors, but as Nasa Tom stated, sensitivity and masking is more important. The ability to see targets that are close to ferrous items will be most important. This is why the Deus and GMP are getting great reviews. Speed/recovery , Sensitivity and finally the ability to operate in bad soil conditions ,is where most units are lacking.
May 12, 2012 12:16PM
With all the ML hype and ZERO infomation the Deus and Blisstoes are looking pretty good. Looks like ML wasnt really ready to put there machine info out there but couldnt wait because of the serious looks buyers are giving these new machines.

Dew
May 12, 2012 03:44PM
I for one am waiting for the Blisstool!
May 12, 2012 07:52PM
tmanly -- That is dependent on what site types a person is hunting. Take most of my sites for example...most are civil war campsites or picket posts that were/are on farm fields and farm land. Some are wooded areas now and others are in fields. There aren't any houses or anything nearby and you will only occasionally run into a piece of iron plow point or farm equipment piece...and the only other iron you run into are the square nails from the camps themselves. In places like that, you will sometimes have to check to see if your detector is even on it will be so quiet. In sites like that, depth is what I'm after because there just isn't a vast concentration of targets on top of one another.

If I were hunting old sites like homesites or mill sites...then I would agree, a detector with great unmasking abilities would be far superior but I personally seldom hunt those kind of places....mostly due to them being hunted so hard over the years by other hunters.
May 12, 2012 10:25PM
Daniel, You are correct on clean sites. I am looking forward to the day you receive the Bliss. Hope you can give us some good reports.

Tom in SC
Anonymous User
May 12, 2012 10:31PM
Dan - so well put. We say "to do the right job you need the right tool".
A plumber needs different tools than a carpenter does who needs different tools than an electrician.

The metal detector you use depends on the environment you detect in.

The Blisstool is not for the casual park and schoolyard hunter. We feel so strongly about that, that we state so on the website.
We do not want to disappoint people.
It is a VERY DEEP seeking machine with incredible sensitivity to non-ferrous that really shows it's magic in a "dig all non-ferrous" detecting environment.

I'm interested in how well CTX sales will do in the UK. Having detected there - that is a dig all non-ferrous environment. Except for the few sites that are iron infested, the vast majority of UK detecting is on plowed fields that are relatively clean of blankets of iron. For those environments you need a machine that bangs hard on non-ferrous and bangs deep...not a machine that will ferret out the goodies amongst the iron or give you better target ID. In the UK there is no "trash" as we know it here. On the E-Trac - gold quarter staters are a 12-06/07 and hammered silver is 12/15+. Are you not going to dig every non-iron target you hit? If you don't - you will miss a lot. I must have dug over 300 targets every 11 hour day detecting there.

Bottom line is the CTX is an enhanced amphibious E-Trac for USA parks and schoolyards and salt beaches...I'm sure it will be a fine machine for many people.
May 14, 2012 12:59AM
Barry do you think we will have a US Blisstool forum here in the states once things get going? Hope so!
Anonymous User
May 14, 2012 01:07PM
Hi Frank - right now we all participate on the Blisstool UK forum. They had a jumpstart on their introduction and have more users.
Hopefully, we'll incorporate one soon - also, we may have a dedicated forum thread on one of the popular forums too.
May 14, 2012 10:10PM
Daniel - I feel your pain not having a detector. My E-Trac is cleaned and boxed as it is on E-bay. T-9 days and counting. The Deus was returned in my allowable 2 week window for a refund. So, i bought a Rutus Jupiter at a great price (€300) to have in the meantime and for when the iron is thick (I'm in line for a CTX at the end of the month, I hope). No pay pal available on the Jupiter so I have to wait for the bank transfer to clear. And to top it all off it is nice and cool out!

Look forward to those first Bliss reviews.

Albert
May 14, 2012 11:27PM
My unit is on the way here! Received my tracking info this evening so it should be TN bound with the hammer down. Looking forward to getting it in hand and giving it a go. We've had a couple days of the good kind of rain..that steady soaking kind....and a lot of the hay fields have been cut and such. That is equal to the best it's gonna get around here for a while before it gets 100 degrees and 95% humidity.
May 15, 2012 04:10PM
Daniel good luck with the Blisstool, hope it works like you expect it to. Looking forward to your findings on it's operation. Looking to buy one myself.