Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The Blisstool has Arrived

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The Blisstool has Arrived
May 16, 2012 06:55PM
UPS came a few hours ago and I've been doing some reading up and playing. It will be a while before I can actually get out in the field and do some hunting...start my work week tonight at 12 hrs a day. After reading over the quick start guide and playing a bit, here is what I've came up with thus far:

This is one of those machines that sucks at air testing. If a person took it and air tested it, they would see no difference between it and anything else. In the ground is where this thing shows out. I have various targets buried at different depths in my yard (red powder dirt, not red clay). All the way down to 12 inches on a minie ball. The Bliss is the only VLF to be able to get the bullet that deep in disc mode. Some of the others could in motion all metal, but you lose the ability to discriminate nails...so you dig a lot of holes that are just iron. The Bliss is set to knock out a square nail in disc mode, with disc depth on 7.5 - 8 and a gain of 2....and is hitting the bullet every pass over it from any angle. Another target I have, is a reproduction eagle button at 10 inches that NO VLF has been able to get. The Pulse machines can get it pretty easy....as can the Bliss. The Bliss is the only VLF to be able to achieve that one, and that's putting it against VLFs with any size coil...all the way to 15 inches in size. The Bliss seems to harbor Pulse depth capability in this bad dirt...while retaining the ability to disc out iron. Having used the GPX and the TDI pulse machines....the Bliss reminds me most of the TDI....except the TDI doesn't really discriminate and it can be very tricky to tell high conductive targets from nails.

Realistically I'm thinking it is going to be capable of getting bullets down to 13-14 inches in the red dirt with just a gain setting of 2...while being able to knock out nails doing so. Unheard of and wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it myself. I'm not sure if the ground or site conditions are going to allow more gain setting, but if so...this machine will be topping 15 inches on bullets. It's gonna be a long 5 days, 12 hrs a night at work before I can take it on a real world hunt but I'm chomping at the bit now. Even with the rain we've had the last couple of days, I'm not digging a 14-15 inch hole just to see if it will pick up a bullet or anything else. I will leave that for a real world test...but judging from what I've seen thus far...not seeing it as a problem for it. This is with just an 11" DD coil and gain setting of 2!!
Re: The Blisstool has Arrived
May 16, 2012 07:19PM
Daniel now you can start relic hunting your NOS new old sites , im excited for you to make some great finds.

You will need a new and inproved test garden by the sound of it .
Now go find some goodies.
May 16, 2012 07:57PM
I will say that I have not looked into the Blisstool much, but I have to ask, how is this possible? NOT refuting your initial comments, Daniel; in fact, I'm respecting them...and as such, am SHOCKED.

Steve
Anonymous User
May 16, 2012 08:04PM
Hey Daniel - good luck and HH with the Blisstool.

"The Bliss seems to harbor Pulse depth capability in this bad dirt...while retaining the ability to disc out iron"... WOW great statement...

Keep us posted on your experiences.

Thanks.
May 16, 2012 08:04PM
Great initial report Daniel. Looking forward to what it does for you in the field. I think you really need to have a deeper coin garden! Seriously.

Albert
May 16, 2012 09:07PM
It is always cool when someone gets a new detector. I hope it punches really deep for you.
May 16, 2012 09:09PM
Happy for ya Dude!!!! And all the field reports your going to submit....lol

I think Barry NY busted his keister to get it to you ASAP
May 16, 2012 10:04PM
Never had any need for a deeper test area...most VLFs will stall out about 6-8 inches on coin sized objects and wont get any better unless they have all metal modes...and then all they do is give iron IDs but do give audio.

I may have to sacrifice some sleep in the next day or two and go dig for a couple hrs after work. Test gardens are fun but real world is where it matters. And right now I only see it doing BETTER on 150 yr old undisturbed targets than 5-6 year old buried targets.
Anonymous User
May 16, 2012 10:09PM
Terra - you betcha I did!!!!
May 16, 2012 10:23PM
Great news Daniel, Looking forward to some great hunt finds from you. Stay in touch and keep us posted.

Tom in SC
May 16, 2012 11:28PM
Great news Daniel!!! I cannot wait until you can go hunting! I'm sure that you are more eager than me, but I love to read your reports. They are no non-sense and no-hype. The only thing I like better than your reports, are your videos. Make 'em longer though. LOL Congrats on the new Blisstool. It sounds like your search for a unit that works in the red dirt has finely come to an end. I remember watching the Youtube videos of the European guy (the one that used the word 'skullduggery') and I believed what I was seeing. Get you some of that energy stuff that I have been seeing in the recent commercials, the stuff that you squirt into a glass of water and it gives you a boost. Heck....I think the name of it is Boost or something........and go hunting for a couple of hours at one of your sites. Carry camera.
May 17, 2012 02:33AM
ok, does this mean it will do the same thing on a saltwater beach? are there any videos of a wetsalt beach test?..........ill go look now.

hope this machine is what you think it is, congrats?
chuck
May 17, 2012 03:30AM
Hey Daniel sounds Good...

Did you notice any electrical interference in an unrban setting...Just out in the yard?

thats one thing that I have wondered about...If it stays relatively quite that will be a big plus...Most placs I hunt are deep woods but I do get around alot of High Lines too. for some good find's..

Keith
May 17, 2012 06:55AM
Here is a video of the GPX 5000 pulling coins from an old "hunted out" site but the ground isn't bad I think. Clearly many of these spots have deeper coins.
From what I heard about the Bliss, it seems like it might be a cheap solution to getting mostly this kind of depth. (12" - 17" in the video and at that last depth it is a very soft sound as you'll see).

[www.youtube.com]

"Follow your Bliss" (Joseph Campbell)
Albert
May 17, 2012 09:13AM
Looking for some good reports Daniel. Always nice to have something to look forward to, keeps the neurons jumping.
May 17, 2012 11:56PM
earthmansurfer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here is a video of the GPX 5000 pulling coins from
> an old "hunted out" site but the ground isn't bad
> I think. Clearly many of these spots have deeper
> coins.
> From what I heard about the Bliss, it seems like
> it might be a cheap solution to getting mostly
> this kind of depth. (12" - 17" in the video and at
> that last depth it is a very soft sound as you'll
> see).
>
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> "Follow your Bliss" (Joseph Campbell)
> Albert

Albert, great video thanks for sharing. I would really like to see the camera they were using, From the size of the microphone it has to be HUGE....lol

Tom in SC
May 18, 2012 12:58AM
Albert, "Follow your Bliss" clever play on words......I like Campbell's stuff....miss him.
May 18, 2012 06:02AM
Can't wait for a real world hunt Daniel ,considering the CTX 3030 offers no more real depth than the ETRAC (quote from UK tester) this machine offers crazy performance/value! ,best thing for me is that you really can go back over old sites and expect to find more finds ,lots of detectors have claimed this but the Blisstool might actually deliver.
May 18, 2012 01:28PM
Only have a couple of hours under my belt thus far...but I couldn't stand it any longer and sacrificed some sleep and went hunting yesterday morning. Took it to a site near my house that was a civil war picket post. We've found some good relics there....been 3 plates come off it and boocoo's of bullets and only a handful of buttons. At any rate, this place was cut in half by a subdivision a few years ago and has a lot of EMI present there. It has underground wiring for most of it, and I am not an electrician so I don't know the proper name for them....but there are these little substation boxes that the underground wires go to. These are terrible for EMI....the F75 and T2 are totally unhuntable around them....freq shift doesn't help it...some days you can go up there and find it tolerable and some days you just have to call it quits and go someplace else. The GPX handled it okay, with its freq channel selection, but you couldn't get within 30 yards or so of the little box thingys.

Yesterday the Bliss didn't seem to have any trouble up there. I was actually hunting as close to the boxes as I could get to see if I noticed any erratic or unstable behavior but it was good there. I have another couple sites with overhead powerlines that I will take it to on my upcoming off days.

At any rate...my first signal that I dug with the Bliss was a drop 3 ringer. I was very shocked to see it come up in the spot that it did. I have found bullets in that area before and thus it gets every machine I've had on that site ran through there. It wasn't really that deep...was about 6-7 inches deep BUT the thing that got me was it came from a particulal spot that has a lot of iron in it. This site was also the site of a 1940s home site and barn that was torn down and bulldozed...so there is lots of iron up there. Found a total of 3 drop minie ball bullets...deepest one about 10 inches...all three in iron laden spots. Thus why the other machines probably missed them. I got all 3 of these bullets being dug on my camera...when I take it to a few more spots I will put together a video. I'm still very much in the learning process right now. That's all for now.
May 24, 2012 11:50AM
May 24, 2012 12:32PM
Congrats on some great finds!!!!!!! Looks like the Blisstool is a machine to be reckoned with.
May 24, 2012 01:03PM
I think it is going to hold its own. It has been a while since I've had a machine that has stumped me on not just being able to pick it up and run with it (in learning it). As simple as this one looks, it is rather complex. There are a few key controls/settings on the machine that seem to make it or break it and I've been rather quiet about it simply due to being in the learning curve until I understand it better.

The key thing I keep forgetting about....is this is a VLF machine and not a Pulse machine. I'm hunting bad ground...and at least one of the sites, I've never been able to take a VLF there and be able to find bullets in discriminate mode to any degree of depth. The Bliss is a VLF but ironically, it posesses Pulse power and stability in bad ground...and yet can discriminate iron. The only other VLF that I can think of that did this well, was the Troy Shadow X5....it could be ran in disc mode at my bullet site, and still reach down pretty good in depth BUT....it was often fooled by iron.

The only time I've dug iron thus far with the Bliss, was by investigating those iffy signals just to see what they were. In bad ground you can never be sure until you dig...because I'm so use to the ground causing things to SOUND bad in it. If the ground balance is set correctly, and the Disc Depth set for the site you are at...its looking like this machine is going to be a hard fighter for pulling deep relics...and for also working pretty good in iron.

I'm putting together a video from my hunt Monday in which I dig a bullet with a good solid beep....that has iron in the hole with it, and had iron above it, because you can hear the machine sputtering/popping on the iron that came out first...and can hear it after the bullet has been recovered.

The finds in the pics are just common finds but what they represent makes me happy. They came from sites we have absolutely torched. I only went to one of them just because it was close to home and I wanted to play with the Bliss. My last few trips to that site had produced nothing...matter of fact the last time I was there, I still had the GPX 5000 and left that day empty handed. I got out of my truck....walked about 30 yards after turning the Bliss on...and my first repeatable signal with it ended up being a drop minie ball that I filmed digging. I could have left right then and been happy....but I dug 2 more of them in spots I know without a doubt I've been over and over and over.
May 24, 2012 09:56PM
It's great to hear that the Bliss is turning out to be an excellent machine. Gotta tell you, been looking at them for the past two years. that's one reason I put the Bliss link on my website to show folks there's other
detectors out there than what's in North America. I did make a Findmall posting back then about the Blisstool with a link that it might be worth looking at. Too bad the post was deleted by the moderator within a few hours. I presumed they didn't want detectors not sold by sponsors mentioned in any of the Findmall forums. So I stopped posting about overseas units. Man, if I would have gotten a Bliss back then .......................and I did have the option of buying a used one recently, almost had it.....then a visit to the dentist sort of ended that. Hard to sink $4000 into your mouth to replace crowns but, I do want to eat and have to chew. So right now I have to be happy with what I own.

Yeah, there's a lot of crap going on at Geotech regarding the Bliss. Also, happens when other detectors are mentioned, a number of the forum members go at it and it drags on. That's too bad when that happens. Other than that it's a great forum for those interested in building a detector.

It's amazing to see how fast the Bliss has taken off. Who knows what Bliss may offer in the future.

Happy Hunting

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
May 24, 2012 11:18PM
Sven look at it this way , now you can have the newest , up to date model.

The Geo forum is a sad state. Very little in constructive , more destructive comments.
May 25, 2012 03:16AM
Nice post Daniel Tn. The bullet you dug with iron in the hole and iron above the bullet. Were you getting a popping or sputtering hit after you dug out the iron above the bullet. Or was it a good solid hit. Not sure If I understood you on how the detector actually sounded off.
Well I finally pulled the trigger, cashed in my pennys and bought the Bliss and the 15 inch coil thru Barry.I have some some historic and prehistoric sites I cant wait to get to with this awesome detector.I think one of your key points Daniel that you say will make a big difference in using this detector is getting that depth descrim dialed in correctly for your area. Very crucial . Set too high,you could actually knock out very small non ferous items.Thanks again Daniel for keeping us abreast on the Bliss.Steve
May 25, 2012 03:57AM
When I get all the video put together you can hear it. I'm one of those folks that show the whole deal...how it sounds before I dig, and show from start to finish. I've never been a fan of the videos where they have the target sitting on top of the dirt pile and say "oh lookie what I found" lol. The best way to teach people is to let them hear. If I remember right with the bullet and iron, I would get a broken signal from one direction and then a sweet smooth tone from 90 degrees to it. I dug to see what it was and it was a bullet in the same hole as iron. I have two videos....one is ready to upload and still working on the other as I have well over 6 GIGS of footage to go through.
May 25, 2012 06:08PM
Here is a short video clip of the before mentioned bullet being dug with iron. I had an entire video compiled but when it was all said and done with good quality, it was still over a GB in size and no way I had time to upload it. So I took a snip of it and will do some compression and see where I get with it. In the mean time, here ya go:

[www.youtube.com]
May 25, 2012 09:11PM
It seems you have the right detector for the job. That was a strong hit for that bullet. Nice job. Getting the most out of a new detector and dealing with the learning curve takes time. It looks to me like you are on the verge of some great times.
May 26, 2012 06:13AM
Daniel make a comparison with the Omega 13 "Detech for the same purposes in the ground.
Thank you
May 26, 2012 12:08PM
Send me an Omega with 13" Detech coil and I will :-) I sold the one I had to fund the Bliss.

On the bright side, I do have video archive of the Omega with 13" coil on a minie ball I buried at 12 inches. I will go do a video of the Bliss on that same exact target and can post both videos combined into one. I'm heading out to hunt today so it might be a few days before I can find a fast internet to upload it to. I access this via mobile phone with a 5 GB a month allowance and uploading videos is something I can't do on it lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2012 12:47PM by Daniel Tn.