Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The Blisstool has Arrived

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: The Blisstool has Arrived
May 31, 2012 12:43PM
Interesting Daniel. You need to pass some of this on to Carl as it will probably help him speed up his process of understanding the machine.

CLEARY, the sensitivity knob is not exactly what we think and I came across that in a thread somewhere.

I wonder if the Bliss is a little like the V3i in that when you get to a new site you should get a feel for the ground first, adjust settings, and then go on your way. And when you find a target, start playing again with the sens and iron disc. Funny, Carl is the creator of the V3i, so he should click with the Bliss ;-)

Some of what you have found should be communicated to those making the manual as that seems KEY.

Nice report,
Albert
May 31, 2012 12:57PM
It is either in the manual or the Blisstool UK forum where I got that piece of info (if it makes noise when trying to GB, it's telling you the sensitivity is too hot). I have always heard it described as the "high beams in heavy fog" analogy when running too high of gain. Now that I think about it, that's the analogy they used to describe the very thing...can't remember where I read it but it's either in the manual or the forum. lol

I just have never personally saw it happen in person like I did yesterday. That was an eye opener for sure. I'm guessing the gain being too high in bad soil, causes the signal's return to overload the machine and therefore disguise/hide any signal that it otherwise would have detected...SO in bad ground, some times less is a LOT MORE. Hey I wasn't born with the scientific brain for analysis of things....some were born with the smarts and some with good looks....and I'm just glad the smart ones are around to explain this stuff to folks like me hahahah
May 31, 2012 01:43PM
Daniel an eye opening discovery, guess it shows the raw power of this detector. Also it will be interesting to see what Carl has to say about the Bliss. Hey thanks for keeping us up to date on your findings on settings. Oh bye the way anytime you want to sell the Bliss let me know seeing you are only finding deep bullets! Ha Ha!
Anonymous User
May 31, 2012 05:39PM
As an FYI - using the larger coil gets you tremendous increase in depth - projected at well over 6" additional.

So, in hot soil where you have to throttle down the Gain/Sensitivity/Threshold- using the large coil compensates for your lower settings (while still getting great separation ability/sensitivity) allowing you to get the depth you are looking for..

Barry

PS - For all those waiting - should see resumption of shipments start to leave Europe VERY soon...keep fingers crossed.
June 01, 2012 08:23AM
I ordered my V3 here in The Netherlands about 3 weeks ago. I have ordernumer 184.
June 01, 2012 11:39AM
When watching video's whereby Black Sand ( high iron content ) was a non issue , and when you can still find good targets that are down 12 inches in bad soil with the sensitivity set on " 2 " , I knew this was a machine could really learn to like ..... I would rather have TOO MUCH power , than not enougth ...... I can only imagine what a machine like this would do down by Tom in Fla. where you can detect and hear people speaking Chinese thru the headphones due to the soil conditions there ..... !!.....This thing is DEEP !!!..... I think what impresses me most is that it will pick up Gold chains at 3-4 inches down ......How many detectors can do that ? ..... The problem is not having enough of these detectors to go around ..... The wait time has me holding back on the purchase .....Jim
Anonymous User
June 01, 2012 12:08PM
The wait time will soon be a non-issue.
It's June 1 - I would say by the end of July they will be in a position to deliver product on a very normal schedule.
The order everyone has been waiting for (since late April) will be fully shipped within 2 weeks.
June 01, 2012 12:24PM
And I tell ya what....if anybody is impatient and wants a Blisstool right now without the wait, I will sell you mine for....$2,300 shipped :-) I will gladly go to the end of the line to wait on another....I mean I'm just trying to be considerate for those who want it NOW NOW NOW. I have one and can have it ready to ship. Just broke in good and trained to sniff relics. Heck, if you're within driving distance I will take you to one of my relic sites and give you hands on training and you keep the relics you find too. Get one before your friends and competition can get one and get a head start.
June 01, 2012 02:07PM
I am very interested in the Blisstool. May have to do a little "horse trading" before cool weather this year. Got a couple of spots in Rocky Face and Resaca where this machine could realy produce the relics.

Barry