Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab/Kellyco Fun Day Event

Posted by Kimber 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minelab/Kellyco Fun Day Event
May 22, 2012 07:35PM
On May 19 I had the opportunity and pleasure to attend the Minelab & Kellyco Fun Day held in Orlando, FL.

This was the most professional, informative and entertaining event that I have ever been associated with during my 37 years of metal detecting. The Staff and Event Coordinators put together an interesting agenda and the speakers held the audience spellbound with their stories, knowledge and slide presentations.

To top it off, Minelab donated 5 metal detectors that were raffled off as well as approximately 12 heavy-duty backpacks. There were also several books raffled as well.

A lunch was provided, free of charge, and a tour of the Kellyco facilities was provided to anyone that wanted to see that company’s operation. By the way, there were a number of ctx 3030s on their shelves all ready for the 28th.

This event caused me to wonder why other “big name” metal detector manufacturers, together with various accessory manufacturers, had not done anything of this type in the past. Granted that this was I can only hope that they went to school on Minelab/Kellyco’s event and give something back to their customers for a change.

I do not own a Minelab metal detector, nor am I associated with Kellyco in any way, but if the MD Gods smile at me I’ll certainly own one in the not too distant future.

Again, I thank you Minelab and Kellyco.
Re: Minelab/Kellyco Fun Day Event
May 22, 2012 08:13PM
Oh yes I'm sure there were LOTS of 30/30's on the KellyCo shelves!

Hey buy a clue pal, just gos to show how much you pay attention to what's going on here....good grief!

BTW....don't think for a second we don't think your from KellyCo!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2012 08:15PM by Aaron.
May 22, 2012 08:41PM
i did not attend this..... but i did however spend the entire day in small town parks metal detecting with my 5 year old daughtersmiling smiley that was much better then seeing some crappy warehousesmiling smiley but i prolly would have gone to this if it wasnt lets say 18 hours away
May 22, 2012 09:36PM
One was able to see CTX boxes on the shelves in their native habitat.....wow......that beats a african camera safari hands down.
Tom D. and others at Dankowski's hold me spellbound with their stories......and knowledge.....and I don't have to listen to a forklift.
I have never seen the movie Shrek.......but I still see trolls on occasion.

Brian......digging holes with a 5 y/o has to be funsmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2012 11:32PM by TerraDigger.
May 22, 2012 10:12PM
Sounds like a great marketing idea.

The "big 5" should set one up with a major dealer soon.............see ya yardhunter
May 22, 2012 11:06PM
actually it is really funsmiling smiley im actually going to modify my 505 (after i get my e-trac---- terra-digger) so she can use it. its good to teach her the hobby and its a fun way to spend time with her
May 23, 2012 01:57AM
Hmmmmmmmmmm
May 23, 2012 03:02AM
Hey Tom, did you put on dark sunglasses and a fake moustache, and check out the 3030?
May 23, 2012 03:19AM
possum mo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Tom, did you put on dark sunglasses and a fake
> moustache, and check out the 3030?

yeah! inquiring minds want to know! eh! he! he!
stu aurebach buying? heck, i would go there all day for the free lunch!
i come cheap,dont think boxes of detectors on shelves does much for me though!
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 23, 2012 12:45PM
No need to spy............ and ........ did not go.
May 23, 2012 03:39PM
Kimber Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On May 19 I had the opportunity and pleasure to
> attend the Minelab & Kellyco Fun Day held in
> Orlando, FL.
>

>
> This event caused me to wonder why other “big
> name” metal detector manufacturers, together
> with various accessory manufacturers, had not done
> anything of this type in the past. Granted that
> this was I can only hope that they went to school
> on Minelab/Kellyco’s event and give something
> back to their customers for a change.

????????? Kellyco a "big name" metal detector manufacturer?? I thought they just sold detectors.
>
May 23, 2012 04:10PM
theey where talking tabout minelabe
May 23, 2012 04:12PM
Well yeah don't you know?
They've got that crazy 2ft pinpointer they give you that everyone ends up re-selling anyway, that's a metal detector.
May 23, 2012 08:13PM
Interesting first post...... Ive not noticed Kelleyco being as active as they were for awhile on the forums. Maybe they figured its better to concentrate on sales than to be to visiable and take flack from the customers in open forums.

Dew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2012 08:19PM by dewcon4414.
May 24, 2012 02:04AM
yeah! they seem to attract that kind of attention!
can't for the life of me,understand why? ehe! he! he!

(h.h.!)
j.t.