Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Der's GOLD in dem der PARKS!

Posted by TheGeorgiaCanuck 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Der's GOLD in dem der PARKS!
May 23, 2012 02:27AM
Well I have to say, my 30min hunt after work today was worth it. But I'll let you be the judge.

Left it uncleaned till I got home, did not have camera with me at park.

10k TUL makers mark. Tiny diamond I think. If anyone knows this maker let me know, I cannot find it.

Was a broken 50's signal btw on the Garrett AT-Pro. The ring was lying flat and the DD coil was hitting each side of the band, with a quiet space in the middle.

Woohoo!!

It's out there fellows! Go get it!
"Ged Peacehavens"
Re: Der's GOLD in dem der PARKS!
May 23, 2012 07:42AM
Very, very nice. Congrats.....great field pics.
May 23, 2012 11:17AM
Nice
Just below a nickel too.
May 23, 2012 12:27PM
markg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice
> Just below a nickel too.

Canadian Nickels ring up at 51 usually, this hit a bit higher. Tested it on the CZ-3D. Solid foil signal.
May 23, 2012 01:08PM
Ops! thought it was a US nickel, sorry.
May 23, 2012 01:47PM
Indeed lots of cherry pickers that go for the high coins so many walk right over them...Many gold rings lost are thin gold womens rings perhaps with a nice stone that come in low foil to high nickle( over 50 percent from studies made by different manufacturers) So if your finding a lot of nickles a light should go on and would bet a gold ring is just waiting for you to dig it up.....Nice find my friend and thanks for sharing....Yep one dig can make up for a weeks, months or perhaps even more of clad so concentrate on that area. Found a nice Claddah 14 kt. gold ring early this year and know more than one coil swung over the area...you guessed it as it came in low foil...
May 23, 2012 05:51PM
That is a nice one. Congrats!
HH
Mike
May 24, 2012 01:08AM
Got my swingy thingy in the mail today. Gonna mount it on the CZ-3D and hit that park this weekend. Gonna dig every foil signal I can get to. The ring was on a tiny dirt trail people travel walking their dogs btw.

It's out there fellows! Go get it!
"Ged Peacehavens"
May 24, 2012 10:19AM
Some of the dirt trails in the parks are hard packed, especially the parks that allow horse back riding. One has to be very cautious when detecting on horse trails in the woods. Usually you can feel the vibration thru your feet but by then they are a little close for comfort. I once dug two barber dimes from the same hole on a hard packed dirt path.