Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Detector Match-up: What's your choice?

Posted by Johnnyanglo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Detector Match-up: What's your choice?
May 26, 2012 06:50PM
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
......................Col 1......................Col 2......................Col 3........................Col 4.......................Col 5.........................Col 6.......................Col 7.....................Col 8.........
.............<Fe...<Fe...<NF........>Fe...>Fe...<NF.......<Fe...<Fe...>NF.....>Fe...>Fe...>NF.......>Fe...<Fe...<NF........<Fe...>Fe...>NF......>Fe...<Fe...>NF.......<Fe...>Fe...<NF
............Junk...Soil...Trash....Junk...Soil...Trash....Junk...Soil...Trash...Junk...Soil...Trash...Junk...Soil...Trash...Junk...Soil...Trash...Junk...Soil...Trash...Junk...Soil...Trash
Depth
0 - 8" .......Detector 1................Detector 2................Detector 3...............Detector 4...............Detector 5................Detector 6................Detector 7...............Detector 8.....
8 - 10" .....Detector 9................Detector 10..............Detector 11.............Detector 12.............Detector 13..............Detector 14..............Detector 15.............Detector 16...
> 10"........Detector 17..............Detector 18..............Detector 19.............Detector 20.............Detector 21..............Detector 22..............Detector 23.............Detector 24...
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Legend:
Fe Junk - Soil matrix embedded with low ( < ) or high ( > ) amounts of iron junk (e.g., nails, rusty junk)
Fe Soil - Soil matrix composed of low ( < ) or high ( > ) concentrations of mineralized (iron)
NF Trash - Soil matrix embedded with low ( < ) or high ( > ) amount of non-ferrous (metal) junk (e.g., pull-tabs, gum wrappers, can slaw)
Depth - Depth increments to an imagined non-ferrous target (coins, rings, chains, non-ferrous relics)

Challenge: Select the detector(s) that would compete best at the target depth (row) and under the particular conditions (column).
Example: Detector 22 (fill-in name & coil) would be best suited at depths beyond 10" in low iron trash, high mineralized soil, and high non-ferrous trash conditions.
Reason: This matrix requires some level of knowledge of detector performance characteristics but covers most in-land situations. If everyone can make reasoned/thoughtful selections for Detectors 1 - 24 (can use a detector more than once and more than one detector may fill a particular role), we'd have a great selection/comparison tool. Think about it and give it a try!
Re: Detector Match-up: What's your choice?
May 27, 2012 05:31AM
Johnny, can you do this table in an Excel chart? I am having a little trouble deciphering it.
I would love to have it emailed to me.
May 27, 2012 01:38PM
Very perceptive Johnny. Your thought process has full merit.
Remember............... one detector may perform several of those functions at 'flagship' performance levels.
May 28, 2012 07:35PM
TerraDigger,

I would send it as an attachment but there doesn't appear to be any method to do that.
May 29, 2012 03:39AM
I like what I have been reading on the Blisstoll and am waiting to see if Fisher/Tek blow our socks off...wonder what Tom thinks of some of the new machines hitting the market?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!