Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Got to play...Deus & CTX 3030

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Got to play...Deus & CTX 3030
May 28, 2012 02:15AM
Put my sneaks on the other day to see if the body could even jog a couple hundred yards. Started off at a slow slow pace, it felt like things weren't connected properly, but all in all better than expected. Stopped and caught my breath, walked a little. Started thinking of my youth and how fast I use to sprint, dosen't seem long ago. Well, I'm an ass. I broke out in a sprint, got about 30 yards when both thighs knotted up. I came to a limping jumping spastic deceleration, almost had to drop and roll....... Now what? Stretch to get the knots out, yea that's what I'll do. Anyway, I did a Amos McCoy walk back to the house and sat in my easy chair.
I'm glad no ladies were around as they usually frequent this walking path with their jogging suits and I-phones, or walking their dogs, that would have been embarrassing.
Now, I'm only 59 years old and not overweight. I still work phisically as a remodeling carpenter and have been in the trade 40 years. I think TerraDigger knows what he speaks. All those years maxing out the body becomes debilitating after a certain age and you don't get stronger at that point. Now I'm thinking, I have to do something (other than working hard) to get back in shape so I can at least detect to DanPa's age or longer. Problem is; if I exercise before I go to work I'll be spent. After work, too tired,.... what's a man to do.
May 28, 2012 03:16AM
Ya have to make time for it. The easy part is doing nothing and making excuses for not.

BTW...street price for a CTX 3030 is around $1,650 US. I will hopefully be hunting with Don next week....if he can get together. We're going to my bullet site and he's bringing the Deus and CTX for us to play. I'm excited :-)
May 28, 2012 05:52AM
Dan, please explain 'street price'.
Thanks
May 28, 2012 09:55AM
Yes if you know where I can get one for that price PM me.
May 28, 2012 01:23PM
Ya me to
May 28, 2012 08:40PM
.... "All that is, is simply getting older and lazy...out of shape. Down at the gym there was a 60 something year old man that is in better physical shape than most 20 somethings I know."

Not to add insult to physical injuries, but.... it is not primarily age that is causing the body to fail it is the lack of use. Most people are almost completely sedentary by mid-40's. Sitting in a chair in front of a computer, watching T.V., riding in a car, sitting about the house - the supporting muscles atrophy. Apart from medical issues that rule out lifting weights - it is the one thing that rids the body of all those complaints and aches/pains - not pills but weight lifting.

Lifting heavy weights on a regular basis builds muscle, strengthens joints and tendons, improves capillary action and blood supply, increases flexibility and dexterity, improves mood and stamina; improve sleep, and myriads of other benefits. The act of forcing muscles to work pulls on the tendons and thus the bones - which respond by growing thicker (else wise enter bone loss and bone thinning)

Unless you work to overcome entropy you will increasingly become overweight (only muscle burns calories) with a sagging distended gut (due to weak muscles and accumulated interior fat), stay easily tired and listless, exhibit poor posture and receive aching back muscles (due to weak supporting muscles), possess no stamina - become easily out of breath. Anaerobic exercise will improve this fast: after 3 months of leg press/squats you will be leaping up stairs in a single bound. After 3 months of upper-body exercise even the E-Trac will not leave you with painful joints and sore arms/shoulders. Any 5.5lb detector will be much easier to manage after lifting heavy weights for 8 - 12 reps for 2-3 sets for 3-4x per week for 4-6 months.

Also important: If you want to rid the body of excess fat - STOP eating carbs. Rid yourself of fat by ridding your kitchen of bread, potatoes, fruits, pasta, cheeses, and sugar-laden junk foods and soda.

The downside is: it takes time, it hurts, and it requires some dedication.

It's not age. It's not growing older.

It's inactivity and a poor diet.

But you already knew that.
May 28, 2012 08:57PM
Street price is the price you can actually buy the detector for. Minelab only sets limits on what price dealers can advertise at...thus why you see the same price for all of them on eBay and on websites. But they aren't like Tesoro in which restricts the bottom line price their dealers can sell for. Yep I can get brand new CTX 3030s all day long for $1,650. If you want one I can get it for you but it will be an additional $100 for a "finders fee" and at $1,750 you're still coming out good. PM me if interested.
jrk
May 28, 2012 09:12PM
Good post Johnnyanglo. I'm new to this hobby, 2 years, I have 2 Etracs. Don't have much of a problem, never really noticed till all this talk of weight. But I'm only mid 40's and spent a little over 20 years as a competitive power lifter at the state level, almost a few at the national level. All those years of heavy squats, dead lifts and bench at that level just flat breaks a body down. Have had my knees and shoulders cut and need a lower spinal fusion, but I'm waiting on their disc replacement to get more efficient. Probably more cortisone injections than any one man should have, just to chase a placement trophy in whatever weight class I was in at the time (198, 221, 242). As Johnnyanglo stated, nutrition is absolute key to recovery and moving forward; keeping your body in an anabolic state, not catabolic. Obviously swinging a Minelab after a small coin is nothing like setting your personal best 715lbs in the dead lift, but anything that requires controled body movement over time can be said to be requiring athletics. Train to become better at anything you do. That's always been my mantra.
Having rambled all of that, I have no idea how this thread got to this point. The cool thing is they make so many great machines, some heavier, some lighter. Personally, and I stress personally, I'd gladly deal with heavy where my first priority is performance.

Randy
May 29, 2012 12:06AM
Johnnyanglo Wrote:

> It's not age. It's not growing older.
>
> It's inactivity and a poor diet.
>

Let me tell you something brother, being a sports fanatic playing hoops, soccer, lifting weights and wrestling at the college level, and then continuing to play hard into my mid-40's, always in shape, never eating garbage......getting older IS one of the reasons the aches and pains hurt more and it takes longer to heal. When you get tendonitis and arthritis, there isn't much that staying in shape and food can do to help with the pain. Shoot, I know some guys who never played a sport in their life, don't work out and eat garbage and their knees and elbows are perfect. When you get a sport injury or two, later in life they come back to bite you. I know.

You can stay in shape and eat the best food, but mother nature will start to take her toll on you....nothing stops that wonderful lady.

If you are close to 50, you will see soon enough. If you are 10-15 years away, call me when you get there.
May 29, 2012 12:29AM
I have always said that it's not the years, it's the mileage that kills you. In my younger years I played ball, crashed bikes and cars, jumped out of planes, you name it. I've had seven concussions, too many stitches and broken bones to count and have a titanium plate in my neck where four discs once were.
I usually start out swinging an E-Trac then when my elbow/neck/back starts shouting too loudly I switch to the F75 or Nautilus and swing it until I have to quit. The next time I'm at the site I start from the opposite end. This enables me to cover the entire site with all of the detectors albeit at different times.
If I had to choose only one machine It would be one of the lighter ones if for no other reason than the fact that I could stay out with it longer. Sure I might miss some targets but at least I would be out there swinging instead of sitting at home in La-Z-Boy like I am right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2012 12:30AM by Neugene.
May 29, 2012 01:31AM
I think we can all agree that technology has progressed at an amazing pace in the last 10 years. Flat screen TV's, smartphones,Ipads as well as Dave Johnson have shown that computers and detectors can get more powerful in smaller packages. Other than coils the rest of the detector should be getting lighter and more user friendly . I am a 65 year old ex construction worker who has done physical work for over forty years. Staying in shape definatly helps, genetics helps, but repetative motion will take it toll on most. A well designed , ergonomically friendly tool is easier to use for longer periods of time and will do less harm to the user. I have been detecting since retireing, and have used whites, fisher, teknetics and a garrett AT pro and the only reason I havn't used a Minelab is because of the weight. The newer First Texas machines are by far the most ergonomically freindly and are going in the same direction as the majority of the technology. I believe that Minelab is shortsighted by not making their new machine lighter. The new machine may have great features but if they don't start to make lighter machines they will become as rare as old tv.

Dalpal
May 29, 2012 03:58AM
I did bodybuilding for several years...up to competition level. However, I don't think a ergonomic nightmare like the E-Trac should be produced as it currently is. Minelab has been well aware for years of the health issues this design has caused a significant number of Trac users. Why didn't they re-design.....the word starts with 'M'.
May 29, 2012 04:43AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Street price is the price you can actually buy the
> detector for. Minelab only sets limits on what
> price dealers can advertise at...thus why you see
> the same price for all of them on eBay and on
> websites. But they aren't like Tesoro in which
> restricts the bottom line price their dealers can
> sell for. Yep I can get brand new CTX 3030s all
> day long for $1,650. If you want one I can get it
> for you but it will be an additional $100 for a
> "finders fee" and at $1,750 you're still coming
> out good. PM me if interested.

Starter or Standard pack?
May 29, 2012 07:58AM
I talked to a local AT Pro owner that got to swing a CTX 3030 for about an hour a couple of weeks ago. He said the AT Pro feels heavier that the 3030 does and he is trading in his AT Pro for one.
May 29, 2012 09:11AM
I don't know what you mean by starter or standard pack. This was for the wireless module, headphones, both battery packs and such.
May 29, 2012 09:45AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I don't know what you mean by starter or standard
> pack. This was for the wireless module,
> headphones, both battery packs and such.

Wow, that is the standard pack Daniel. The starter doesn't come with the wireless module, empty battery pack and car charger. Generally the starter is 200 less! (Though with your price being so low, it might be 150 less).

Albert
May 29, 2012 01:14PM
Maybe ML has listened with the 3030? Everyone is saying even heavier it feels lighter.... thats a start, plus sit durable like the ET.

Now about that exercise....... like was said turn 60 and give us a call. Its not just the food.... after 50 it seem you start loosing modivation and drive. I was in the military 22 years... ran marthons and combat runs for them.... put in 100 mile weeks a lot. I still run, but its tuff to modivate myself..... no i dont set around.... dont take naps like many of the people my age during the day either. There are those that have modivation.... top 5 percenter.... 95 percent age catches up with us..... especially once you retire. There are always those more elite people even when we are young.

Dew
May 29, 2012 01:14PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I don't know what you mean by starter or standard
> pack. This was for the wireless module,
> headphones, both battery packs and such.

Oh, I'm sorry Daniel, I should have stated what the two packs consisted of but Albert has (now) posted this.-----Man, that is a good price for the Standard pack which includes all the "good stuff" and the one you're talking about.---$1750 is a VERY good price for the CTX Standard pack.------Del
jrk
May 29, 2012 02:27PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Daniel Tn Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I don't know what you mean by starter or
> standard
> > pack. This was for the wireless module,
> > headphones, both battery packs and such.
>
> Oh, I'm sorry Daniel, I should have stated what
> the two packs consisted of but Albert has (now)
> posted this.-----Man, that is a good price for the
> Standard pack which includes all the "good stuff"
> and the one you're talking about.---$1750 is a
> VERY good price for the CTX Standard
> pack.------Del

That's a much better deal than what I just shelled out for the standard, and I thought I did ok...given the insane MSRP for this thing.

Randy
May 29, 2012 04:15PM
I was quoted the right price for the wrong machine.

Deus is $1,650

CXT is $2,150

I thought it seemed low for it myself...I asked if that came with everything, the wireless mod and such, and was told yes. He must have got the two mixed up, even though at the time, we weren't even looking at the Deus. I called my buddy who was with me and asked him if he remembered the price of the CXT and he had the same thing as what I said earlier...$1650. He remembered it vividly because he was wanting one and was trying to think of how much he could sell his T2 for and what all he would have to sell to get the remaining money. Sorry about that folks.

The CXT is neat but if I am spending that amount of money it will be for saving up a few hundred more and getting the GPX.
jrk
May 29, 2012 05:22PM
By the sound of it Daniel, you don't need that GPX, as you already something almost as deep with potentially better discrim. winking smiley

I'm thinking a Bliss to complement my new CTX when all is said and done. Figure best of both worlds; discrim and ID along side huge depth, both for iffy to good soil.

I feel a little better about my "deal" now. Thanks for the update.

Randy
May 29, 2012 10:58PM
The Bliss is great but nowhere near the playing field of a GPX in depth. Iron disc is close with the edge going to the Bliss but raw depth = GPX. If I dig a minie ball at 22" with the Bliss I will withdraw that thought but til then the GPX is king.