Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Detector Needed - Fisher F75 or Minelab SE?

Posted by yorkshire_rich 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Detector Needed - Fisher F75 or Minelab SE?
September 05, 2007 09:48PM
Hi Tom/Everyone

I am considering getting a new detector soon.I currently have a CZ5 (with 8" and 10.5" coils) which i intend to keep.
After reading alot of field tests/opinions on the F75 and Minelab SE i still can't decide either way.
For me the F75 is in front mainly due to the price...in the UK the F75 is £599 and the SE is £895.
I hunt for coins on beach and inland.The inland sites are a mixture of parkland,farmland and some ancient church grounds and woodland.
Are both detectors level in their performance?
So anyone here who uses both machines....please share your opinion.

Thanks
Rich
Re: New Detector Needed - Fisher F75 or Minelab SE?
September 07, 2007 12:58AM
Hi Rich,

If mineralization is medium-high (or higher).... go with the Explorer. If you hunt "Wet Salt" beaches; go with the Explorer (or CZ). If you hunt somewhat trashy areas (especially iron trash) inland.... go with F-75. Dry sand..... go with F-75. Open fields with medium mineralization (or less) .... go with CZ w/large coil (10.5"). ...... Unless F-75 comes out with large concentric coil.
..... Other amp info in several posts,,,,, below.

Tom

P.S. = I need to come up with some sort of definition of "medium-high" mineralization..... as the term can be quite vague & interpretive. ... Probably would be: ""Correct ID on a dime at 5" deep"".
High mineralization: ""Correct ID on a dime at 4" deep"".
September 07, 2007 12:13PM
Hi Tom

Thanks for the info.

I have read all the related posts on this discussion board and many others.I like the super fast ID'ing on the F75 and also the iron trash performance..almost decided now.

Keep up the excellent work!

Rich (England)
September 07, 2007 04:24PM
Remember that the Exp is heavy and the F75 is light.

J