Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Headphones

Posted by kickback 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Headphones
September 07, 2007 04:18AM
Tom If I remember one time you said you used Koss QZ 99's? I tried a pair,they sound"tinny" to me compared to Grey Ghosts.Maybe it's just me.
Re: Headphones
September 07, 2007 04:23PM
I'd like to add a question to this thread if I may.

Headphones, how important are good headphones. I have a set of Sun Ray Pros but hardly ever use them as they are hot and make the tips of my ears hurt after a while. I usually use a chaep set of headphones that sit on my ears and are light. It seem's to me that I am hearing everything. I am using an F75, a Tejon, and a Cortes.
What am I missing and why would I want to wear headphones that are hot and uncomfortable?

Thanks,

Julien
Re: Headphones
September 07, 2007 08:21PM
Completely users choice. Yes, the KOSS QZ-99's are hot, heavy and large....... but the quality of sound is very crisp IN MY EARS! That's why it's "users choice". Also, I like headphones that ride OVER my ears........ vs. a pair of headphones that compress my ears against my skull.
Now........... The only thing to say about what you are 'missing'; I know the QZ-99's are big/hot/heavy.... but one of their attributes is; The outside world nearly goes away when you 'don' these Sound Suppression headphones. The slightest 'quiver' in audio will trigger you to stop...and further investigate. On the beach..... the wind can be quite loud,,,,, and will audibly mask weak-sounding responses. 'Suppress' the outside world,,,,'boost' the inside world.

Tom