Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Must see detecting vids. Not my finds.

Posted by Kas 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Kas
Must see detecting vids. Not my finds.
April 28, 2009 01:55AM
[www.youtube.com]

I'm only listing one vid of two of the unveiling of the coins from an Army officers coin purse. It was recovered/dug up from Hanbrough hill in Va. The other video is there to see the full contents of the purse.

I found it pretty amazing. Enjoy.

Ken

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2009 01:55AM by Kas.
Re: Must see detecting vids. Not my finds.
April 30, 2009 04:03AM
Kinda leaves you stunned and breathless, don't it?
I got to hold it in my hand.
April 30, 2009 04:23PM
The guy that found it (the purse) is a GREAT guy,(Rob) and very deserving of a nice find like that. He bent over backward to try and preserve the history of the find, and in the beginning didnt even want to take the coins out, but had to to preserve the leather.
funny thing was, this site had been hit pretty hard over the years, and it took a bit of luck, and persistant and investigative digging for the purse to see the light of day again. It one of those sites thats literally LITTERED with iron nails and such....so there is a lot of masking going on. Most of the guys detecting there detect on their knees, working slowly along, removing the overburden and surface nails. Its a sight to behold....
Kudos to Rob for a stellar find! Streak!
Nice to see you here Streak
April 30, 2009 04:59PM
Nice to see you here Streak.
Do you have any details about the find?
You know, what he was using, information about his hunt etc.