Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

dragoon cuff buttons

Posted by Indiana Heath 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
dragoon cuff buttons
September 27, 2007 02:39PM
Tom

The buttons you have are worth @ $75.00 each. If there are backmarks on them you might let me know what they say. I have 3 good books on buttons and one fellow I have talked to in Pa who collects and sells them. My button is a civil war large coat button with alot of gold showing around the eagle and on the D. I learned that the dragoon buttons started around 1790 and went up untill about 1854.

I found out where there is a new cz3d with a lifetime warranty that I could get. It is not up for sale to the public, but the dealer said I could get it if I was interested. Wondered if you thought it would be worth it for me to get it. Would not be using it in the relic hole...probably around old home sites or old parks. Would like to find some silver coins after I get the relic hole worked out. If you think the 75 would do as good or better than the 3d I will stick with that.

Brad
Re: dragoon cuff buttons
September 27, 2007 08:30PM
In cleaner areas (moderate trash) ... I still prefer a CZ-3D. BUT.... since you already have the F-75; put it in 4H-tones mode..... dig the top two tones.... and save the money from buying a CZ-3D ((( unless you have a bit of extra cash to spend ))).

Tom