Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 discoveries

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 discoveries
April 29, 2009 01:00PM
Went hunting yesterday, at a local grade school dated pre-1940, where I had hunted many times in the past 4 years with both the Tesoro Vaquero and the Tejon. My settings were both de and je modes with discrimination set to 0 and sensitivity as high as possible and in 2f mode. I was hunting in an area I felt was very clean of good targets. Now running with the discrimination at 0 creates a lot of responses to listen to.
Within 10 minutes I had my first fair sounding target with the vdi numbers bouncing around a little, it would only repeat two ways. Rotating around caused the machine to only sound iron with the vdi numbers still bouncing around. My first thoughts were trash or iron so I started to walk off and decided to investigate anyway. It turned out to be a clad dime laying flat at about 3" deep. After this target I started digging about every target that gave a simular response. After 2 hours I had dug 6 quarters, 4 dimes, 3 nickels and 2 copper memorial pennies. The majority of these coins were in the early 80's and in an area where I had cleaned out with my Tejon. Two notable fact of the area were the amount of coal cinders about 5+" deep which no doubt were masking each of the coins to a certain degree and the fact that the depth reading on most of these coins read deeper than they actually were. I might add one more thing, if I turned up the discrimination some of these target completely vanished.
Adding a final fact to put the hunt into a realistic view, most of the coins I dug would not give a good sounding four way response, but I dug more on sound than with the vdi's.
Re: F75 discoveries
May 01, 2009 01:16AM
Exactly! Exactly! Exactly! And this is what allows you to hunt behind ALL other detectors...... including yourself!
Re: F75 discoveries
May 01, 2009 01:29PM
Do you remember your Fe readings?
FEO was from .3 to 1 and some areas all bars were showing
May 01, 2009 02:01PM
FEO was from .3 to 1 and some areas all bars were showing. I believe some of these high reading were due to coal cinders being in the dirt.
Tom would all metal work better in these area? why?
May 01, 2009 02:44PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Exactly! Exactly! Exactly! And this is what
> allows you to hunt behind ALL other
> detectors...... including yourself!