Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NASA Tom calibrated CZ-3D For Sale - Nice!

Posted by marcomo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
NASA Tom calibrated CZ-3D For Sale - Nice!
August 26, 2012 10:41PM
I am selling my CZ-3D (serial number 1021) detector that was fully calibrated, validated and certified by Tom Dankowski this past June. This is one extremely hot detector, certified at 12.0 inches on a dime in Tom's dirt with the pictured stock 8" coil that the detector was calibrated to.

My apologies to Tom for selling this so soon after he certified it. His calibration turned this detector into a top-of-the-line machine, and I am extremely grateful to him. .

There are a lot of things (extreme depth, tight high-tone nickel range, enhance mode for old coins) to love about this detector, but recent back issues have curtailed my detecting time. And also curtailed my work time. Since I am self-employed this has also curtailed my income. So basically at this point I'd rather have the $ than the detector.

The guy I bought it from in June was the only previous owner, he told me he bought this Los Banos unit in the mid-2000's. He said he hadn't used this detector much and its excellent condition reflects that. The coils were used without covers so there is the expected light to moderate wear on the bottom of the coils.

Like most CZ-3D detectors, it was not properly calibrated at the Fisher factory. So that's why I paid Tom to do his magic. He corrected the deep audio smear, corrected the nickel ID error, brought the in-ground depth up to 12.0" on a dime, stabilized the electronics and enhanced the auto-tune function. A sensitivity setting of 4.8 provides maximum depth.

Also included is a 10.5" coil, a brand new unused 8" coil cover and the original manual. To top it off, NASA Tom autographed the control box as well as affixing his usual certification sticker.

$625.00 includes double boxed insured shipping CONUS. USPS money order or Paypal gift. Absolutely no trades.

Re: NASA Tom calibrated CZ-3D For Sale - Nice!
August 27, 2012 01:27AM
Why am I always broke at times like this........ oh yeah, I own what's left of a business in this wonderful economy.

Wish I had the money, I'd jump at it. Hope things get better for you soon!
August 27, 2012 01:52AM
PM Sent..
August 27, 2012 04:04AM
Sold, pending payment. Thanks, Wolfau!

Also thanks to Tom for providing the platform for this sale (this forum and his calibration) and to sailorman for the nice words.
August 27, 2012 05:14AM
Sale complete.

Thank You.

It's my 2nd cz3d 1021 and will use one as a backup or if someone wants to come with me detecting they can use the 2nd machine.

Any machine that is able to detect a 1c aussie in hard clay soil in a playground at about 8" with a clear signal earns my respect.

Its a matter of finding those lost $2 coins which I suspect the cz can pick up at 10 plus inches smiling smiley

Just need to sell my other 3rd machine.

Joe
August 27, 2012 06:20AM
Joe - That makes me wish I could put your funds towards a trip down under!

Hope your hunting with the "twins" overfills you with keepers, and I'm curious to know if the twins are identical or fraternal...
August 27, 2012 07:27AM
August 27, 2012 01:10PM
Joe a word to the wise two CZ's(any models) used close to each other will rob both of you of depth and stability and you don't have to be wearing the same set of shorts as if another CZ is a football field away I will know it. Speaking from experience and personally if I had two CZ's one would be analog and the other digital as it has a superior notching system. I have heard of backups but backups with a bang priceless...