Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom
May 09, 2009 11:34AM
My son in law bought the E-Trac and I can see this type of machine would be a lot of help to a scientist. It analysis the targets according to composition of iron and other metals. I read through the manual and can say it's a complicated challenge especially for a novice.
edited posted in wrong thread n/t
May 10, 2009 09:47AM
nt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2009 09:53AM by Jackpine.
edited
May 10, 2009 09:52AM
posted in wrong thread
Re: edited
May 10, 2009 01:35PM
Ahhhhh......... The epitome of K.I.S.S. theory.......... and the justification thereof. Yes, the Explorer is a spectacular unit.....and a industry leader in certain applications; yet, I have always felt (and especially with a lot of the White's units) that they are TOO complex......irt the amount/volumes of menus/pages. Then........ there's the other end of the spectrum....,,,,,,, that being the Troy, Fisher, Nautilus...and a few other units. Only a couple/few knobs/adjustments..... and these units will match (if not exceed) the performance levels of the mega-menu detectors. Hair-splitting ID accuracy, in theory, sounds spectacular...and is neat to demonstrate on a bench,,,,,in a textbook perfect environment; yet, in the real world..... it's just simply not quite that critical...... nor ascertainable (due to TOO many variables).

Tom