Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom I have a question.

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom I have a question.
May 10, 2009 09:27PM
Have you tired the F75 new 5" DD and if not are you going to try it. Do y ou thinkg in really bad ground it would make a difference to have a smaller coil other then in tight places. Is a smaller footprint better in heavy trash?

Do you think the non DD coil the 10" has any advantage in turf hunting or relic hunting other then on crown caps do you think the VDI will lock in better?

And come on man you have not even tried the new whites yet? Your views would make a workd of difference to all of us waiting to see if Fiher is going to take a few years to come out with a new high end detector.

I have not read anything that can compair it to the F75 or that the three freq or the graphs really make a big difference. I just dig if the signal sounds fair to good and if the VDI is in the neighborhood of the numbers I may expect for coins or relics!

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Tom I have a question.
May 12, 2009 12:44AM
I do not have the 5" ellip DD........ but.......... I know it is primarily designed for gold nugget shooting. Yes, it'll provide a greater adjacent target separation ability...... greater Sens to very small targets.......and better handling of bad dirt; however, ...... with the expected trade-off of a loss in overall depth.

The 10" elliptical NON-DD coil has very little attributes above the stock 11" ellip DD coil..... except for better ID of steel bottle caps.

No...... have not had a chance to try the new Whites V3. ((( If I had reasonable confidence in it's abilities...... I'd own one-----or at least, try one ))). All bets are with Dave Johnson & Bruce Candy. Or........ Waiting to be wrongfully surprised.
May 12, 2009 02:30AM
Tom how about the small non DD six inch coil for hunting in tight places would that be better then the small DD I know it is deeper what are your thoughts?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 13, 2009 09:02AM
The small non-DD coil would provide only a slightly different 'window-of-opportunity' vs. the small DD coil. The DD would provide greater 'effective' depth in trash...... but the non-DD would provide slightly greater overall depth perf in minimal trash content areas.