Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

0 Discrim on F-75

Posted by Indiana Heath 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
0 Discrim on F-75
October 02, 2007 02:21AM
After recovering more relics from the iron pit, I decided to check the ground with 0 discrim running in de mode, sens 99,monotone. It sounded like a machine gun going off, however in one spot I noticed some high numbers popping in and out...assume there was some good targets in that mess. When i put discrim on 6 it only broke up and read around 7...would not normally dig that. Didn't have time to dig it as it was getting dark. Will have to go back tomorrow and find out what is happening. Should be something worthwhile in it. This would open up a new can of worms. Found a large 2 piece button tonight that had a floral design that was very heavily gilted with gold!
Re: 0 Discrim on F-75
October 02, 2007 02:45AM
Let us know what you find!
October 02, 2007 02:03PM
When I went back this morning before going to work, I only recovered a small nail in the spot that was so active with signals and numbers. I took 1/8 inch mesh sifter I use for water hunting and sifted all the dirt. There are alot of cinder blocks that are various sizes from the building that read high on the scale. Might have been getting some of this. Put discrim back to 6 and started in again. About 10 feet from where I found that gold button I got a solid lock on 72 with no other fe objects in that area....It was an 1880 Indian Head Penny! This is my first pre 1900 coin so I was slightly excited. It was in excellent shape only 3 inches deep. This is in the area of the building foundations...I assume the ground was compacted from the building and that is why most targets are less than 3 inches deep. I will have to do more checking with 0 discrim to see if it warrants using.
October 02, 2007 05:20PM
How did you miss a 3" deep coin before??.... or had you not yet covered that area?

Tom
October 02, 2007 06:32PM
I use the F-75 in zero discrim all the time. JE mode, sensitivity as high as possible - generally around 90.
Very noisey, but excellent sensitivity.
October 02, 2007 10:30PM
I had not been over the spot I found the Indian Head...was branching out some from the area I have worked so hard.

Brad