Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The local paper did a small write up of my presentation to the Daughters of Confederate Veterans (PIC)

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
This is amazing. I am glad that I stressed what I learned from NasaTom about non-destructive recovery technique. I had my predator shovel, Pro Pointer, nail apron (for trash), and metal detector and showed them the sequence of events from when i first get a signal, until the plug is reinserted and compressed. I don't know if you can read the words in the article, as I took a pic of the article with my camera, but the reporter even mentioned about the care I take in target recovery. I really think that I was successful in putting us into a good light. I even told them that those latest Metal Detecting shows on TV where all false, that true detectorist are not constantly adding up the price of their finds, and that we are doing our best to save relics from being paved over, etc etc and forever lost. Hope I done ya proud.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2012 02:41PM by Kevin B.
Kevin, I'm smiling as I type this, ....good job!
WTG and nice goin Kevin!
Nice pic & story Kevin you look friendly & presentable. Thought you said you were heavy?I'm green with envy i kinda look like ogar on the revenge of the nerds? not quite that tall and good looking though!
Kevin... congratulations on your well-received presentation. You add a new dimension to this forum... its a better and more interesting place with your lively perceptions and outlook. And you are certainly a credit to the hobby... you've done us proud and we are proud of you.

Jim.
Why thank you fellows!!! I appreciate all the great words. Good nite. (I can't remember ever saying i was heavy though??? I've always been a slender feller)
Good for you Kevin...

Congrats on the newspaper write up!

Keith
Love the passion, real-world light.... and historical 'sharing' education.
Very nice!
Kevin, BTW.....y'all gotta clean that ProPointer up before you do another lecture bro! LOL! : )
Congrats.
docbars Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Congrats.

Thanks. Notice I taped the newspaper article to a piece of card-stock. It has proved invaluable as a tool to 'get my foot in the door' with home/property owners living in the historical district. I don't really know how. I guess there is a small element of celebrity status involved. LOL A very SMALL element. But thanks for your comment. Happy New Years to ya.