Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

O.K. new detector testing has started...DeepTech Vista RG-1000.......12/13/12 Update to include the Deep Tech Vista Gold....1/31/13 Update now to include the Vista RELIC and the Vista SMART....2/3/13 Added Nail board 2/11/13 2-ft cache test

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: O.K. new detector testing has started...DEEP TECH Vista RG-1000
December 04, 2012 11:20PM
I remember reading back last year on the Bulgarian technology...

From What I can remember from it was they are using Russian countermine equipment reverse engineered.....supposedly they got hold of some of it in recent year's and have applied it to their detector design's...

All from memory on this though...And I could be wrong...I will see if I can track down the info...

You know what they say, your memory is the first thing to go and I cant remember what the second thing is ..LOL!!

Keith
December 04, 2012 11:51PM
Under the old Soviet Union satellite states were assigned to different roles. Bulgaria was a center of tech and engineering. My brother used to do some business with a few on some projects and there's some serious talent there looking for a way to make a living.
December 05, 2012 12:29AM
Sorry to hear that John..

I hope things may be different as time moves on with them as a company..One thing about the internet..The bad seeds wont last long ...so hopefully thing's have turned..

I have heard better things about them and other overseas not well known company's ...

Time will tell.

thank's for the info..

Sounds like something was not aligned right internally wen it was sent back...

So far I am seeing good iron rejection at depth...

Keith
December 05, 2012 01:56AM
Hey Turtle...I have and have had a few dealer friends...And while it would be awesome to be a dealer of detector's... Some of the behind the scenes headaches they have to fool with would take it's toll...

I also work 12 hour shift's and cherish my free time....

Maybe it would be a nice job in the future after retirement...!

Thanks for your remark's..

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2012 01:57AM by Keith Southern.
December 05, 2012 07:13AM
Keith

I understand were your coming from, some of the headaches might take the joy out of the hobby.

Thanks for the reply

Tom
Re: O.K. new detector testing has started...DeepTech Vista RG-1000
December 05, 2012 09:35AM
Here is a better version of the diagram I posted the link to on the prior page. Some points of translation: durchsnitt Tiefe - average depth, bewertung RS - score, hohe/Mittlere bodenmineralisation - middle or high mineralization, Rang - rank.
A summary is at the bottom. I spoke with a distributor here and he mentioned the Vista Smart and Gold (and Mini and Relic) are completely new technology and the the first two are their top of the range. He recommended the Vista Smart as the best, perhaps, on coins but the gold as well, just that it is a bit sensitive being that it is at 25kHz. The Smart would be the best in higher mineralized ground - that is saying a lot as he said the 750 and 1000 are below it (Keith)! The man said he gets better depth with these machines than his E-Trac, F75 and Safari (for what that is worth). I'm finding out more about the Relic model, as that frequency is 8.8kHz...

December 05, 2012 11:35AM
Is this test one of those that use machines in 'Factory reset' settings? Hence the less than impressive F75/T2 results, and also the different performance between the two (broadly speaking) identical machines? The F75 certainly powers up in a tame setting, and I suspect several other makes/models would too.
December 05, 2012 12:22PM
Pimento - No, I don't believe so. If you look at the prior page's link, you will see at the bottom, under "Bemerkungen" the sensitivity (Empfendlichkeiten) settings with almost identical results compared to the jpg above. The F75 was set on the JE setting (is that the same in English) with S sensitivity at 99, D Disc at 7, T at 3 (I am not sure what T means). Most of the machines appear to be near maxed out. In the above diagram, I am not sure, but I think the line below recovery speed, marked bewergung RS, might be sensitivity??? That would go along, pretty much, with the linked chart(s) on the prior page's numbers.

If you look at what Keith found out regarding the depth of these Deeptech machines, though the numbers aren't the same due to the testing I think, they are on top of the other machines for the most part (as Keith's test found out in his highly mineralized soil). Notice the soil types (middle to highly mineralized) affect results.

Albert
December 05, 2012 01:13PM
I cannot understand that chart. I'll try again. I'll assume that it's in centimeters. I have already started the process of acquiring a RG 1000 in Propack config. (you get two coils: 11 inch DD and Elliptical DD). Oh well, if it does as well as Keith's and hits a ten inch dime, that will be enough for me.
EDIT: In re-reading that chart, it appears that the Deus 34cm (what does THAT mean:34cm?) is outperforming the Vista 1000. Keith, that has not been your results has it??? I am basing my purchase on the fact that the Vista 1000 is the deepest of my Deus and F5. Two tone. Etc. I may be buying premature. (that's nothing new)
It appears that the "Deus 34cm" means that they were using the large coil. It appears that the Deus with large coil outperforms the RG-1000. Keith, is that your experience???? I was of the belief that the Vista 1000 was a depth monster. But i DO notice that they used an RG-1000 V-2 (version 2?) in the test. If they have quietened down the cable etc, it might have lost some depth.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2012 01:29PM by Kevin B.
December 05, 2012 01:35PM
Whoops, just had a closer look, I misread the Tek G2 as T2, hence why they don't have matching performance. I have in the back of my mind the Austrian? detector test, with the iron nail masking (ein grosser nagel) which tested the T2 and F75 in default mode, with resulting unimpressive depths.
December 05, 2012 01:59PM
it is questionable how bad the GMP passed.
December 05, 2012 05:09PM
Keith. I have a RG 1000 that all I need to do is push the button (Evergreen). It is the Propack package with two coils. 11 inch round, and elliptical. ARE you impressed with the depth of this machine??? It will cost me $950 shipped. This machine will really have to be a step up. Separation is nice but I need a detector that will conquer the dirt masking in my ground. Right now, nothing will detect a dime at 9 inches in my ground....even with an undisturbed ground matrix. Does your 1000 hit the dime?? You said that your 1000 hits the dime well?? (I just got my magnet in and I'm going digging so I am typing fast) I will tell evergreen that I am researching before I push the buy button.
Do you have version 2 with the toggle switch located UNDER the control panel???
December 05, 2012 07:37PM
I've hit a measured 11" deep barber dimes with Keith's machine me and another friend of mine was comparing his etrac against it and i could hit anything he was getting, granted i will tell you it was a faint signal but was repeatable!
December 05, 2012 07:48PM
I have the Version 2 Kevin...it's correct name is Vista RG 1000 v2

No body can say if it will hit your dime ...but I could almost bet it does...since my 10 inch dime is a no problems with ease...and I have red clay and high iron soil..

Hey Kevin...Hold up till we can see whats going on...

There may be some updates like better coil cables and such...

I am testing out a Vista Gold next week....it's the latest..

I lean towrds thinking for all around use in iron and out that the Vist Smart might be the best ...I want to analyze what the boost mode offer's on the gold to since it is offered on the Smart...

I want to run through what I have then the gold And I might have a Smart when the dust settle's..

Give things time to sink in...

Relics aint going no where...the Machines are not going no where...

Slow an easy...

Dont make compulsive buy's...they usually dont turn out for the best..

It took me over a year from the time I wanted a Vista till the time I got a vista....

More thing's will be Known in the coming day's..

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2012 08:33PM by Keith Southern.
December 05, 2012 08:38PM
Nice layout on the chart earthman...

Thanks for taking the time to do that for sure...

depth is not an issue with theVista's..

And I am finding it's every bit of a DEUS/GMP in unmasking and recovery/reactivity...Its more along the lines of the GMP in those respect's...

It will amaze you in iron as much as a DEUS or GMP I am starting to find out...the depth though is deeper on the Vista...it so far is the deepest disc circuit I have ran..Its almost like theres no need for an all metal mode with the depths it's turning in...

Its amazing what kind of info we can now obtain from around the world...years ago we probably would not of even known of other detector option's...

used to be word of mouth or buy magazines from overseas..

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2012 09:18PM by Keith Southern.
December 05, 2012 09:54PM
Well a chart is nice , but does not tel the hole story.
A F75 vs a G2 would be F75 all the way. 99 time out of 100
December 06, 2012 12:53AM
When watching one of Deeptech's video's, the man claimed that it was a TWO TONE ALL METAL MODE. Is that even possible??? I thought that it required a Phase shift thing for it to have two tones....low tone for ferrous, high tone for non-ferrous. Just repeating what I heard. That sentence kind of 'stood out' to me.
10" Burried dime test I did with Vista RG 1000 v2
December 06, 2012 01:55AM
Heres a test I did mainly to show what a 10" dime sounds like...

notice the smooth high tone ...

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2012 01:56AM by Keith Southern.
December 06, 2012 02:06AM
It not a true all metal mode Kevin...It's still in disc it's just that it accept's all in the that mode...

Phase shift is used to ground balance and to discriminate..

Keith
December 06, 2012 02:27AM
Hey Keith how did you manage to get the #1 off that face my son thought it would be funny
December 06, 2012 02:34AM
toothpaste...

Keith
December 06, 2012 02:59AM
Great video Keith, as always. The version 2 RG-1000 that I saw tested this morning has a toggle switch on the right side of the bottom of the control box. Kid of the the F75 Ground balance toggle but to the right a bit more. If yours has that and I missed it, I apologize. I'm not trying to be controversial at all. My main fear is getting an overseas unit that is no deeper than anything I got. (Deus and F5) I realize that those aren't depth monsters. But a guy did some air testing with some coins this morning and it just wasn't impressive, OR I was looking at it wrong. Coupled with the Chart that was posted a few post up. I was going to order a big coil for the Deus but they are back ordered. heck I may go ahead and order the RG1000 tomorrow. It has been SO HARD to find a detector that will penetrate my ground. And since your 1000 hits a dime at 10 inches, with your ground being like it is, it would surely hit one on mine.
One more question Keith, does your unit have that toggle switch under the control box? (I'm fixated on that toggle switch for some reason)
On second thought, I may wait to see how you like your Vista Gold. I might better listen to reason.
EDIT: Here is another video of a Version 2: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2012 03:05AM by Kevin B.
December 06, 2012 03:20AM
Yes Kevin the one I have has the toggle switch under the box...thats what activates the tone's...

What you discussed about airtesting depth's...they are great to gauge what the detector is doing...Sort of away to keep track of if the performance is dropping off over time...

you will also USUALLY notice the higher the freq the better the airtest depth's seem to be....

But great airtest depth's dont always equal great in ground depth....poor airtest depths can equate to poorer in ground depth....but a machine that test out at the foot range then does that in the ground is what you have to look for when it does it in mineral's...

in good dirt that scenario can change somewhat...

I am going to plant some 13 inch items and see what comes of them when testing...I have a feeling they will be heard..

I will get some hours in the field over the naxt 4 days' and be able to give a more clearer picture of things I find that may so far avoided me...

Again as you can see the depth is Amazing..

Keith
December 06, 2012 06:22AM
Kevin

I got a reply back from Accurate locators in Oregon today. They wanted more shipping info, which I sent them so may have a price on the 1000 by tomorrow.
I'll keep you posted.

Tom
December 06, 2012 02:07PM
turtleman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kevin
>
> I got a reply back from Accurate locators in
> Oregon today. They wanted more shipping info,
> which I sent them so may have a price on the 1000
> by tomorrow.
> I'll keep you posted.
>
> Tom
Turtleman, be careful. The email that I got back from Deeptech stated that Accurate Locators has several Deeptech P.I. detectors, but has none of the newer technology Vista's (VLF"S). Id make sure that they are selling you the latest from Deeptech. I think it's in my thread entitled: "Got an email from Deeptech today" or something like that. But yes, please keep me posted. Maybe they are kicking it in gear. The price that I was quoted SHIPPED from Evergreen in the UK translated to $950. They use T.N.T. international shippers. Personally, I have never seen a TNT delivery truck in the states but Steve Kennett at Evergreen said that they deliver everywhere including the US. As bad as I want a new 1000, I am going to see how Keith likes his Vista Gold. Who knows, maybe he'll sell me the 1000. (hint hint) kidding (kind of)
December 06, 2012 09:14PM
Keith S. How bad is your ground, or what is the ground reading on your ATpro? My orange ,yellow clay shows an 80 on the pro.
December 07, 2012 12:53AM
The ground bal on my At-Pro come's out to 85

F75 it's 88-90 and 4-5 F.E. bars

Keith
Anonymous User
Test by German company
December 07, 2012 11:05PM
FYI - the LTC48x they used - that is the very old version of the Blisstool.
Re: Test by German company
December 08, 2012 03:08AM
Are you thinking what I am Barry? If they would of used the V3 Blisstool I suspect it would be in the top 3 or 4,maybe better. I feel it does just as good and deep on low conductors as it does on high conductors. Steve
E.M.I. test video for the RG 1000 I did today...
December 08, 2012 04:32AM
Went to chek out the Vista under some High Voltage power lines today..

Saw a spot that was cleared while I was there and it is also a old House site so I got in a little hunt in the iron...

[www.youtube.com]

One of Quietest machine I have ran under the High Voltage Lines..Thats a plus...

O.K. So far On the Vista Rg 1000..

No E.M.I. issues any where..even under high voltage line's...and belive me thses lines are sizzling and cracking and no interferance...air test shows no depth drop..

Coil cable noise can be cured with a proper wrap...

I have compared in ground signals with a Explorer S.E. pro with stock coil and the F-75 S.E.

Seem's to behave depth wise more like the Explorer in my dirt...Seems the F75 needs all metal sometimes to hear the same target's Iron or non-iron...

In real world hunt's not test garden's...it seems very close to the Explorer on deep target's isolated...

The Vista will chase deep nails a bit...it has a tint of iron tone on the nails ...but in my dirt good target's also have a tint of iron tone...so you will chse some deep iron...

Tiny target's like .22 lead and such a fe inches deep will switch tones back and forth...

I think the strong point is going to be the unmasking in iron.. once I become accustomed to the nuances...every machine unmask different in iron...

The Vista like to false a bit on iron..yet it will unmask as weel as any it seems so far...After studying the button in the video I believe I was hearing the button...the nail that was falsing was a bit lower to the side of the hole....

I was running it right on the edge of breaking a nail and you could here the nails high toning..but in these spots the lower the better and plenty of patience...

the 5 inch is the coil of choice on iron....

Sort of excited to see what the elliptical is going to do...

big isolated iron is very easy to tell.....I like that I actually dug a very early coal shovel yesterday with it....the small variety used to clean out wood burning stove's..gave nice rolling tone on it but was large and need to be investigated,,,

dual tone unmask better than the single tone so far...single tone is a little choppy in iron even on a good target if its partially masked...

It a true artifact retrieval tool....it hears stuff in the ground with picture painting audio that alot of machine does not offer...

Take the FT machines for comparison...the iron grount on those machines sort of mimic small nails on alot of bigger iron...just a quick grunt...not with the vista... the vista can paint a picture of the iron size more clearly...it will dig iron artifact's ...reminds me alot of the At-PRO ..They were made about the same time so no I dont think any copying went on...

The ground bal seems to play a part in the tones to an extent on the deepies.....

The ground will balance and use the tones to do it...to high and it grunt's low...to low and it high tone's.Dead center no tone....if it really is too low it will dig iron with a high tone...

The ground balance and the discriminator seems to be tied in..

The depth is awsome on 12 Oclock.. that's were it balances mostly...yet iron rejction seems better at 2 O.Clock...but then the depth drops off considerably...too biased to the ground...get below 12o.clock and it dig's alot of iron and get's really really deep...12 seems to be the best balance...Dig some iron but keep the depth up..

Its a straight forward machine..alot like a Musketeer advantage with dual tone's...

I almost bet the european machines have copied the Musketeer circuit and evolved it...funny since the musketeer was built from a 1266 tear down...They looked at a 1266 and saw what need improved...Disc. Ground Bal.... and built a Musketeer..Now they seem to have added tone's in the latest.. Vista...

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2012 08:00PM by Keith Southern.