Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Sun Ray FZ1

Posted by yorkshire_rich 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Sun Ray FZ1
October 13, 2007 02:49PM
Hi Tom/Ev1

Do you use a FZ1 on your CZ-3D?

I read Indian Heath was using a Sun Ray S1 on a Minelab Sovereign GT which i thought was pretty cunning and ingenious.What kind of depth do you get on a CZ with a Sun Ray?They quote 3inchs on their website so is this a true/realistic figure.

I was put off buying a FZ1 due to the silly price in the UK...£169 or $338 but now can get one for £70 which i am definately going to do.I think the FZ1 will open up my Church site which is very trashy though potentially excellent.

Still saving for the new detector but can't resist pepping up the CZ5- so thanks again to Indian Heath's infectious passion for THing.

Rich (England)
Re: Sun Ray FZ1
October 13, 2007 03:55PM
Hi Rich

I am getting 4 inches on the S1 on the GT. Ralph at Sunray told me that it was the deepest probe they had. On the explorer I had one on I could easily get the advertised 3inches on coin size objects. You will have alot of fun when you get yours as it will make target retreival much faster and open up alot of untouched areas if you make a wand for it like I described.

Brad
October 13, 2007 04:32PM
Hi Indiana

Thanks for the reply.

I can't wait to give the FZ1 a go when i get it.I have permission for an ancient Church site which is very trashy it dates back to 1220 A.D. so should hold some great finds.I'm planning on trying around the edges of the many ancient trees.

I will let you know if i make any good finds with the CZ and FZ1.

Thanks again for the info and your ingenious 1 inch coil set up.

Rich
October 31, 2007 01:17PM
Hi All

Wow the FZ-1 is so easy to use and makes locating the find fun- even the edge of hole stuff.

I am already putting together a wand type holder( thanks for the idea Indiana) so i can use the probe alone...got some tight spots down the edge of the church walls which should prove to be a good spot.I've mentioned this church before it dates back to the 1200's.It was too trashy before so i have a chance to give it a good go, also trying to get the 5 inch quicksilver coil for my CZ.

Anyone who has used a 5 inch on a CZ...What's the performance like?

Thanks
Rich
November 05, 2007 10:12AM
You will find the depth performance of the 5" CZ coil to be nearly as deep as the 8" coil..... and gives a fair amount greater target separation. A 5" equipped CZ is as deep (if not deeper) than most other detectors on the market.

Tom
November 05, 2007 03:02PM
Hi Tom

Thanks for that.I can't wait to give it a try- i have permission for some very trashy fields so that should be a challenge for the coil.
One field in particular i discovered had a roman road running through it which is visible on a land survey my neighbour viewed years back.

Will let you know how i get on.

Rich
November 05, 2007 10:27PM
Keep us posted!

Tom