Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What is up

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What is up
December 08, 2012 05:37PM
Have not been able to detect for a year after my bone marrow transplant. The reason is I have a new immune system in my body and it takes time to gain strength. So it may be a while before I can go out and start again. But I have been reading this forum each day. And see we in the USA have come out with some new things...but nothing that is the next step. I have read some of the machines coming from the other side of the pond are startng to get better. And that has to make sence because the soil is changing and the relics are sinking or rusting. So we need better unmasking and depth with a new machine and better ID at depth. It seems Fisher has stayed out of the market for awhile. Am wondering if it is because they are going to show us the next best detector. That will keep us busy for three to five years?

I like to read about the new stuf that is being tested and I also realize folks like Tom are so good at what they do that the machines they use seem to do enough at this point and keep them in the hunting game.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: What is up
December 08, 2012 06:14PM
whats up lawrenzo! are you getting progressively stronger? how long til you can get out? from hints tom and dave j has given, and if everything goes as planned we might just see some new technology from fisher or at least a killer multi freq unit?? i once read about a guy that used a bountyhunter tracker IV and beat everyone at competition hunts so knowing what your doing and being an expert with your machine is very important.
chuck.
December 08, 2012 06:22PM
Units are only as good as the operator comes into play and lots of good units both old and new US and foreign...

Unfortunately manufacturers are limited as our ranks are small and compared to say hunting, fishing, golfing etc. profits are small compared to the aforementioned thus its cost prohibitive as research and innovation cost money limiting the manufactures to come up with the next best do it all unit thus compared to other sports, hobbies etc. thus we have grown little in comparison relative our tools...

We don't need new units we just need some new places to hunt and imagine the hobby in general would support that...observation....and yep speaking from experience as over the years lost count of the individual units I have used..

Get well my friend as the hobby needs good people like yourself...and once you get back in the game looking forward to your posts....
December 08, 2012 06:51PM
Hello Lawrenzo iv'e also read your post's and watched your video's and enjoyed everyone of them, thank you! Glad you see yourself getting stronger and going back to detecting I believe you will do it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2012 06:54PM by rapidroy7.
December 08, 2012 08:19PM
Hoping and praying that your strength continually increases until you can gear up and go detecting!!!!
December 08, 2012 11:29PM
Hello Lawrenzo... it's wonderful to see a post from you to the forum. I very much look forward to the day when you can get back to hunting, and of course... resume your posts and videos. Wishing you all the very best...

Jim.
December 08, 2012 11:35PM
LowBoy, glad to see you posting. I miss your videos and hope to see some more in the coming year.

Tom in SC
December 09, 2012 01:03AM
Haaaay Lawrenzo!!! What are you doing with yourself besides regenerating?