Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

cz-70

Posted by Kurt-NE 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
cz-70
November 03, 2007 01:59PM
Hi tom, glad to see your site back up and running. I just bought a used cz-70 and everything works fine but it seems like the tone and visual id is a little more jumpy than the cz-70 that I used to have. I have read about the 3Ds being out of tune but is it possible that my cz-70 could be a tad off and what can I do about it if it is? I have used it with an 8" and 10.5". Also, it don't seem to air test as well as the old one did. Thanks for any advice.
Re: cz-70
November 03, 2007 09:14PM
Some of the CZ-70's display a bit more Sensitivity on a Sens setting of '6'..... and require a setting of '4'. On these 'extra sensitive' CZ-70's......In remote cases, a Sens setting of '6' can be used....... but normally '4' is as high as you can go. There's only about 2% performance difference between 4 vs. 6 on the CZ-70's. (A large difference between 2 vs. 4). Now........ if your detector is unstable at any setting (assuming you tried different physical locations outside)...... and the problem still exists,,,,,, no matter what coil you use; then the unit has a problem. Sometimes humidity/moisture on the Ckt boards (usually from a sudden temperature change) can cause any electronic device to be unstable.

Tom
November 04, 2007 03:57AM
Tom, you are right on. My old cz-70 could be run at 6 sens. all day. This one on 4 becomes stable and works fine. Thanks for your help.
November 04, 2007 01:54PM
Kurt,

I have tested many a CZ-70 over the years and found the older serial number machines to work best on a max sensitivity of 4 as well. I have confirmed this with other users machines with personal testing in the field when visiting and hunting together. I have two lifetime warranty early serial number CZ-70's that work best on 4 as well with very little falsing even in heavy iron(well-tuned). Even on these machines, air testing with a sensitivity of 4 to 6 makes a big difference of a couple of inches with proper ID...however;there's a lot more falsing in the iron...air testing(proper ID) is still not as good as a well-tuned CZ-3D I might add from what I've seen/tested. Happy hunting, Kurt!