Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F-75 small coil at relic site

Posted by Indiana Heath 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F-75 small coil at relic site
November 07, 2007 02:14AM
The small coil brought new life to one area of relic site I have been hunting now for over 4 months. Found 13 buckles,2 buttons(one is eagle infantry)today in a small area that I have pounded to death with stock coil. 80% of targets had a fairly steady lock. Have noticed that it picks up some very small targets. Also got an 1890 IH last week with it in the coin area. In a week or 2 it may be froze up here so will have to wait for spring thaw to resume.

Has anyone found out what kind of depth can be expected of small coil? All my targets are 1-3 inches deep so I have no idea of how far down it will go on coin sized object.

Brad
Re: F-75 small coil at relic site
November 07, 2007 02:51AM
Take a vacation and pound that area before the ground is frozen solid! Glad to hear the small coil has most probably paid for itself!

Tom
I used the small coil in one of my cellar holes on sat...
November 07, 2007 07:18PM
AND did a bit of piddling around in my test garden the day before.
Depth in the little coil is VERY VERY good. Far greater than I had anticipated.
Would have preferred a bit less depth and a bit better separation (READ: Small "DD" coil), but overall, I'm happy with the characteristics of the little fella. one of its redeeming qualites is, at least in MY sites, is that fact that due to its size I can get it in a lot more places than I could the stock coil. ( a big percentage of my sites are heavily overgrown cellarholes).
Depth is superb for its size. Some her may not believe it, but it will get a 12" silver quarter on my test garden with ease, and Id it a bit low, but fairly accurately. (this is in clean, moderately mineralized soil.. GB in the high 60's) I found I'm able to work the coil a bit slower than the DD too, so I can make the best of it in heavy heavy FE trash. I hope to be able to get out with a a bit more before everything freezes over!! Streak!
Re: I used the small coil in one of my cellar holes on sat...
November 07, 2007 09:59PM
Thanks Streak. This is the exact type of info most folks are looking for!

Tom