Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

3-D set up produces big today

Posted by Indiana Heath 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
3-D set up produces big today
November 15, 2007 06:43PM
Using the same settings on 3-D I used yesterday, today I had more time to hunt and found 21!! My best outing for some time. 2 items are in my top ten finds. I found a large 2 piece gilt sporting button made by Hammond, Turner and Sons. This firm was founded around 1717 at Snow Hill in Birmingham and continued in business until 1955. They made Confederate officers buttons and during the Antebellum and Civil War periods they were a source of fine quality MENS SPORTING BUTTONS. The button I have has a dog on it...looks like some kind of pointer. The area I am hunting is @1.5 acres with a few areas of heavy concentrations of relics and random pieces everywhere. It is semiwooded and has some dead logs and small scrub bushes I will have to remove to keep the excitment up. When I get the new sunray probe for F-75 I will try the 75 in 3 and 4 tone. I think I could find more goodies faster with that set up than using monotone if the 3-D success is any indication. I really like the CZ tones.

Brad
Re: 3-D set up produces big today
November 15, 2007 11:41PM
When you find a target that you want to dig (with the 3D).... flip over to the 'enhanced' mode,,, and compare signals.
November 18, 2007 01:53PM
I tried 2 signals I dug on Saturday, flipping over to enhanced. First one went up to high tone, next one blurred making it hard to distinguish as a good target.
November 19, 2007 01:52AM
Hmmmmm,

When you come to Fla, are you bringing your 3D??? You could bring only the control box & coil....... or even just the control box,,,, as I have plenty of validated coils.

Tom
November 19, 2007 02:31AM
I am planning on bringing 3D as well as gold bug when I come down. Maybe you could check it out then. I have found over $500.00 worth of relics with it already, so it is paying for itself. I had one target this afternoon that repeated high tone in all directions in salt mode that was a nice flat button. I first got excited as it looked like an old coin before closer examination.

I started looking on internet searches for sand toys and saw some seives and scoops that looked like they might work. Did you have a scoop with a handle on it with a small seive on the end or was it just a round plastic seive? I have seen both in some of the sand sets with 4 to 8 piece units. I have more free time at this time of year with my job so I will try to track down a source for these and let the rest of the guys know who are looking for one also.

Weather permitting I will try checking several more targets going from salt to enhanced to get a better idea of what is going on.

Brad
November 19, 2007 10:50PM
Thanks for the update Brad. My sieve has no handles.... just a simple, plastic pie-pan.