Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Sometimes it is great to be wrong!!

Posted by BuckeyeBrad 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Sometimes it is great to be wrong!!
September 16, 2009 12:13AM
I'd responded earlier to a question from SRLance and said the boost is only on the discrimination side. The basis was that in the field, I'd gotten in the habit of hearing a target in BP, and then going to DE to listen, and then go to all metal and listen and that has been so inspiring that I'd sort of then look for the next target back in BP in a dense euphoric fog. So tonight, I'm out in the camp I've been hitting and I get a call from Mike Scott. It all starts out as a normal conversation and then he tells me he wants me to check something. Looking back, he was very kind as he could have said "hey wiffleboy". grinning smiley Instead, he wanted me to listen to a target in DE, then go to AM, then go back to BP, then go to all metal. OOPS!!!!!!!!!! Guess what, boost DOES carry over to the AM side!!!! If you're already in one of the boost modes and then go to AM, you will have enhanced depth performance and it varies by which boost mode you're in on the disc side. In other words, if your in CL and go to am, you will get more depth than going to am from BP. If you toggle from one of the original modes to AM, it'll be just like we've always had in the past. I LOVE the AM mode for fields and this just makes my day!!!! So, this time, IT IS GREAT TO BE WRONG!!! I kinda figured not having a manual was gonna embarass me sooner or later. smiling smiley Thanks for the "nudge, Mike!!! And thanks to FT for putting some real excitement in my step!!
Re: Sometimes it is great to be wrong!!
September 16, 2009 12:59AM
Surprises are great. It took me a couple of months to discover that there was a fairly significant boost in Sens....by placing Disc on '4'.....or lower. I would have never imagined this large of a differential in Sensitivity boost.... by messing with Disc.
September 16, 2009 01:29AM
Is that Wiffleboy SR or JR ?

Nice finding Brad. It sounds like Fisher should skip the 5" DD included in the package and include one of those fancy extra heavy duty shovels instead :-)

I'm still skeptical of the LTDs in my soil, however I am VERY hopeful.
That's Jr for now but I'm working on my Sr Q-block.
September 16, 2009 04:26AM
Brian I wish I could help by providing some sort of absolute assurance but it's gonna come down to someone having to proof one out that way. I've agonized many a time over you having such different results than I do. You know,if you spring for the ticket, and the money to board my dogs, I could bring the LTD out there and see for myself the comparisons of your conditions and mine, then we'd know, right? grinning smiley
September 16, 2009 05:44AM
Hmm...how about a box of Partagas PS2's instead of a ticket and kennel boarding :-)

I'm going to Corning, NY in the middle of October, I have 3-4 or so detecting days planned into the trip (planning to look for Colonial cellar holes).

I know, it's not close to Ohio, but it's closer then California tongue sticking out smiley
Son, those are illegal!
September 16, 2009 05:57AM
I'm a cheap date any more. Some nice Pepin My Fathers or Tetuaje Miamis would be fine.
September 16, 2009 06:07AM
Be careful what you ask for, you'd be surprised :-)

I'll ponder that while I fire up a Graycliff Double Espresso . . .
September 16, 2009 11:51AM
One last thing, Brian. This time the conversation isn't whether or not you will get the same level of performance with an LTD there as I do here, but more like if you will get the same degree of proportional improvement I see with the LTD compared to the original 75. I don't see why that wouldn't be the case.
September 16, 2009 07:43PM
I don't think that there's enough evidence yet to suggest that the degree of improvement is 'proportional' between the new and old F75, mainly due to ground effects. Depth in Ohio may be 33% increased while depth in my SC red clay may be only 10% increased.

Yet, I'll take an inch improvment, if that's all it turns out. In addition, the tonal quality and VID may still show significantly enhancement!
September 16, 2009 11:21PM
BuckeyeBrad - thanks for taking the time to test and to write about the new F75LTD. I am much pleased to now hear the boost is also in all metal. (If I go to Alaska next summer I would want the F75LTD and then would keep the F75 as my backup.) Hope you were not too embarassed - of course I never make any mistakes myself! (PS just do not check my spelling). SRLance