Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The best test for the new F75 would be

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The best test for the new F75 would be
September 21, 2009 03:13PM
For Tom to go from 0 disc to say about six and try his sens at about 75-80 then go to mono tone and see if the new machine picks up the target...In Calif hunting in 4 tone and 0 disc is a quick burn out...and I can't get past about 80 on the sens... we really need more tests done. I think the other tester went from boost mode to DE and the target was lost or very weak and had a dirty sound to it...

If I hunted most of my sights in o disc I am sure I would find a lot more targets but in Calif my F75 is too noisy and I can get my sens past 80 on my CZ3 I had a hard time getting my sens to 4 and Tom you didn't fast grab?

I am not trying to cause any problems but just asking questions....I wish we could get a unit in Calif the Gold Country and test it..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: The best test for the new F75 would be
September 21, 2009 10:27PM
I cannot fast-grab. Nothing to 'grab' to. Virtually no minerals. Grnd Bal not required in Fla.

A Disc of '4' vs. '0' is only about 2% loss of total depth.....assuming no EMI issues whilst at a Disc of '0'. It's VERY important to run the unit at max ALLOWABLE settings......and if this means lower Sens settings and/or higher Disc settings..........that's the max your soil/conditions allow.

In the settings you described above..... this would be approx 10% - 12% loss of total depth perf.............BUT............once again, this is assuming you COULD run higher power settings due to perfect soil & EMI-free conditions.
September 21, 2009 10:43PM
If you are going to run with 0 disc... why not just run in AM? Don't you gain the most depth in AM?
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, I ask them sometimes....

Julien
September 21, 2009 10:47PM
For most cases, Disc '0' REQUIRES tone ID!!!!! Disc '0' in all-metal is (most of the time) a absolute nightmare.