Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

$$$$Any Speculation Why Gold & Silver Is Dropping?$$$$

Posted by jimmyjiver 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: $$$$Any Speculation Why Gold & Silver Is Dropping?$$$$
April 09, 2013 07:36PM
It seems the hackers like it as well.....

[bitcointalk.org]
April 09, 2013 08:04PM
Yes, where there is money you can expect theives. Nothing unexpected and I have first hand experience with it.
Buy gold, it can get stolen. Store money it can get robbed. Buy a car...

But in all fairness, the biggest thieves are the banks using fractional reserve banking, hyperinflation, starting wars and the criminals over in Cypress who took peoples money, limit them to 300 in withdrawls a day... and they wear a suit the whole while.

Albert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2013 08:05PM by earthmansurfer.
April 09, 2013 10:13PM
You're only as free as you are allowed to believe.

Even if you have a bunch of cash stored away in Granny's mattress. They'll just inflate it away. Another form of theft.
April 09, 2013 10:28PM
the only thing that has value anymore is knowledge, not i can split an atom knowledge, the other kind, I can build a house a water system,hunt, skin animals, grow food and live stock, the farmers will be the ones that survive, they are mechanics too
April 09, 2013 11:02PM
Or cruising sailors. I own my boat, no liens. Can fix most things myself and what I can't I could live without in a pinch. Can hunt, fish and move with my whole home on a moments notice.
April 10, 2013 12:48AM
TheOtherLeggoHead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You're only as free as you are allowed to
> believe.
>
> Even if you have a bunch of cash stored away in
> Granny's mattress. They'll just inflate it away.
> Another form of theft.

No matter how much one has....inflation is the real evil.
One has to ask himself how much he trusts the gov. and banking system in which he resides.
Our "messiah" is busy banning weapon rights away right now, likely he and other govt officials...do they care? (rhetorical question, no need to answer)

In one day, inflation can wipe out entire accounts.
April 10, 2013 01:59AM
"In one day, inflation can wipe out entire accounts. "

Already happening.

Zero interest rate policy.

Watch as things get really nasty when interest rates climb. They will.
April 10, 2013 07:03AM
TheOtherLeggoHead Wrote:
> "In one day, inflation can wipe out entire
> accounts. "
>
> Already happening.
>
> Zero interest rate policy.
>
> Watch as things get really nasty when interest
> rates climb. They will.

IF they move interest rates up that will be the nail in the coffin. I was listening to an economist the other day who said they can't raise rates and if they do things would implode.

Interesting posts above. I can agree that taking care of yourself, growing food, fixing stuff, etc. will be important in times of scarcity/tragedy. But, I think cooperation will be just as important. You can't plant and fix stuff all day but when lots of people are searching for food we are going to need to help one another out, or it won't be pretty. One can only imagine.

Albert
April 10, 2013 09:12AM
Won't be pretty is an understatement. I've been through nine hurricanes including a cat five and it's aftermath. Some people help each other, some prey on others. it only takes about 24 hours of a lack of law enforcement to see the very worst in many people emerge. All the money in the world doesn't help then, not even gold and silver.
April 10, 2013 06:19PM
Well said sailorman.

Bitcoin down to 170USD! Wow, what a violent move. The volitility is finally going in two directions!
April 10, 2013 07:29PM
A few years ago, I had a bumper sticker that red: "Ammo, the currency of the new millennia". I thought it was funny, now I find it to be prophetic. When times get REALLY tough, money will be worthless as will gold. Your best bet is to store non-perishable food, have access to water (well or lake, not municipal supplies) and store up all the guns and ammo you can, ammo more than guns. I do believe that ammo WILL be the next currency...
April 11, 2013 12:00AM
Gold and silver never lose their value as money. . It has been money for 5000+ years. If ( and when) the dollar collapses, people will barter goods and services. Gold and silver will be used as money. When the paper money becomes worthless and someone offers me gold or silver as payment for my services. you bet I will accept gold or silver as payment. Around here we have a lot of Amish farmers. You want to buy food from them, they do not have guns, so you wouldn't be able to offer them bullets. To say that precious metals will also become worthless is just plain goofy. Now I just heard on the radio today that the Illinois law makers are working on a law to force people to register their gold and silver holdings. I guess the bankers and politicians view that stuff as dangerous to their power as guns? What a screwed up world .
April 11, 2013 02:11AM
Screw the government
April 11, 2013 02:28AM
-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2013 11:10AM by go-rebels.
April 11, 2013 03:38AM
The Gov is eyeing the brokerage accounts as well. Not too many safe havens out there.
April 11, 2013 08:38AM
I expect silver to take off in the next week os so. My mini prediction. I have a feeling bad news, probably about the dollar, is going to flood the manipulated silver market, perhaps gold as well. The bankers made a BIG mistake with Cypress, now most people are a bit alerted to the banks...
April 11, 2013 03:03PM
A chunk of gold in such a situation would only be good for a paper weight or a good sized object to bash something in the head with for food. To the native americans, silver and gold was merely used for decorative purposes...not for anything of value. It wasn't until the white settlers came that it became a bartering system for them...the indians probably thought "these people are crazy...they want rock that shines and will give many things for it". The indians certainly got the better end of that deal for their lifestyle...trading rocks to the white man, for firearms, powder, bullets....things that helped them survive and gain territory from rival tribes.

Knowledge is going to be the most valuable thing a person can really have. I am an avid hunter and fisherman...I can rather easily obtain food in that manner. BUT I don't know the first thing about how to preserve it without modern equipment (vacuum sealer, electric freezer, etc). So basically if I killed a deer...it would only be good to eat for a day because the meat would spoil without me knowing how to preserve it. How about water? Well just about every body of water...stream, spring, lake, etc...has contaminated stuff in it. The only safe way to drink it would be to purify it....either by boiling it or with chemicals if available. There is a ratio you can use with beach to purify water...but the most common method would be boiling it...and that is only obtainable via a heat source. Eventually you are gonna run out of matches and lighter fluid...so how ya gonna build a fire? I don't know if I could build one via rubbing sticks together lol. We've been spoiled so much by modern luxuries that we've lost common knowledge that people had and lived by daily just some 60+ yrs ago. In a couple generations, we've gone from growing our own food in the garden and canning it for use later on in the year...to just getting it off the shelf at the store in a can. People use to raise their own pigs/cattle for meat...now days people don't even known what a cow looks like, outside of a petting zoo.

I would bet that once it clicked in people's heads that the Amish and Mennonites had food with zero protection of modern weaponry...that they would be raided, pillaged, and plundered on a regular basis.

I think I've been watching too many TV shows like "Revolution" lol I could give ya the Biblical prophecy of the last days and how things are going to be...but that would be too much to read through...i.e. one world govt and one currency....a whole days work wages to pay for a single meal. Water turned to blood...all animals that live in the water die...the rotting stench of fish and animals everywhere you go...fun times.
April 11, 2013 05:53PM
I don't know Daniel...ever see that show about the Amish mafia ? Those guys got guns !

I highly doubt any community with food in that scenario, does not have weapons or some method to protect it's food, water and people. What we as a people need to enforce, is continued social coherence and respect, and not allow a social breakdown within the community.

When a close knit community realizes there are others out there like them, working together, it will make it easier to then band together to form a larger, more well protected and funcitioning community that can survive. Bands of renegades could then be fended off more easily.

Nuclear war or major epidemic the exceptions ( and maybe zombies !!! HA !).

I still like the idea of a few mercury dimes buying me a delicious Amish apple pie !!!!
April 12, 2013 11:12AM
You guys got me depressed, I going hunting to try and find so under-inflated money haha, so I'm not the only one that thinks this way smiling smiley about working together, we could do that now, but no one wants to, this is so simple to fix, and they won't do it
April 12, 2013 03:47PM
Caretaker- I hear you. This talk can make you depressed. But, I do get the feeling there is something larger at work here on planet Earth. Perhaps this is just what the doctor ordered.

You know, it is a bit analagous to a woman giving birth. If you are the baby inside, the water breaks and your comfort, food and warmth is partly gone. The walls are constricting on you and you think it is the end. You slowly get pushed out the birth canal and what seemed like an end is now a new beginning. On the outside if you walked in on the birth, you might hear screams and see blood. If you didn't know what birth was, you might think it was death. But, same result, a new beginning is happening. Oddly, I think that is what is happening right here before our eyes. The water has broken, we are just starting to go towards the birth canal, but the real work is ahead of us. And there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just how far off is it all?

Albert
April 12, 2013 06:09PM
Do keep in mind that there has never been an open public audit of the gold that is supposedly stored in Ft. Knox USA. There have been many requests for this auditing over the decades by serious citizens/politicians/organizations. The government consistently refuses to do a public audit. Why??? Because the amounts of gold that are supposed to be there, are not. Its the only major government asset that is not allowed to be examined. This is not conspiracy fodder......why else would the government refuse to release an examination of assets that technically belong to the citizens of the country. Don't believe me. Research Ft. Knox and open public accounting of the gold reserves via Google.

Cheers...and hang on to that yellow stuff!!!
April 12, 2013 09:15PM
Holy cow.... down $80. But im not worried im sure those in charge will soon introduce some sweeping policies and give away programs at our expense to make that gold go back up. Let me see..... obummer care, huge cuts.... which normally means military, increased taxes, oh lets throw in an huge increase in interest rates.......
April 12, 2013 10:53PM
Read this from a former fed official. [kingworldnews.com]
They are getting desperate.. Good buying op here.
April 13, 2013 10:08AM
Terra - Not only is the gold not there, but gold from other countries stored in America are also (at least partially) not there. In January of this year Germany requested half of it's gold that is stored in America back. That amounts to 674 TONS!!!
Here is one of many links: [www.washingtonpost.com] Basically, the US banks/Govt "leased" out Germany's gold as well! Hmmm, it is now the middle of April and no word on Germany's gold being shipped. How long does it take to say "We put your gold on some ships and it's on the way". I'll tell you what, if I requested around 35 Billion of my own Gold and it wasn't on a ship within a couple of weeks I would start getting worried. Well, it's a couple of months now!!!

I think you are going to see some HUGE bond problems happening here shortly. Call it a meltdown. This is what happens when you try to buy your own debt with bonds. That is right, we are buying our own debt! It is getting harder and harder to get foreigners to buy our bonds, so we buy them! Can you believe that? And on top of that, for every dollar put into circulation, we spend .50 just paying the debt/interest!!! And of that, 1/3 of the debt is owed to foreign governments. Now, gold and silver are going down??? Where is the sense in this? Who trusts the dollar?

I would say Gold and silver are being hit to keep people from getting into it, from accumulating it, hoping them to sell. It is being hit hard before the storm. It makes no sense that in times like these with hyperinflation that silver and gold are going down in price. China and Russia are buying gold up.

Enjoy the show to come fellas. I can only imagine what plans are on the horizon to keep the ship afloat, and that is a bit scary...

Albert
April 13, 2013 10:10AM
possum mo Wrote:
> Read this from a former fed official.
> [kingworldnews.com]
> b/Entries/2013/4/12_Former_US_Treasury_Official_-_
> Fed_Orchestrated_Smash_In_Gold.html
> They are getting desperate.. Good buying op
> here.

Wow, here is a snippet:

Today a former Assistant Secretary of the US Treasury told King World News that the smash in gold and silver today was entirely orchestrated by the Federal Reserve. Former Assistant of the US Treasury, Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, also warned KWN that stocks of available physical gold are “rapidly declining.” Below is what Dr. Roberts had to say in this extraordinary and exclusive interview.

Eric King: “Dr. Roberts, we have this smash on gold and silver today. Gold down $75 at one point and silver was down $1.75, your thoughts here?”

Dr. Roberts: “This is an orchestration (the smash in gold). It’s been going on now from the beginning of April. Brokerage houses told their individual clients the word was out that hedge funds and institutional investors were going to be dumping gold and that they should get out in advance.

Then, a couple of days ago, Goldman Sachs announced there would be further departures from gold. So what they are trying to do is scare the individual investor out of bullion. Clearly there is something desperate going on....
April 13, 2013 05:05PM
Hi,, I'm still trying to figure out, if gold is in such short supply,why don't the prices escalate? I have also noticed it goes down in the daytime...Could someone buy gold in the afternoon and sell it at night and make money????......JJ

edit I think I had it backwards

edit again....Help me!!!! someone hacked my thought process I don't remember which way it goes up at night or down

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2013 05:15PM by jimmyjiver.
April 13, 2013 07:20PM
Jimmy, in free markets , supply and demand set the prices. Most of the markets today are heavily manipulated and are no longer supply/ demand driven.. The banks have huge buying power. When they want to buy, they drive the price down first. That is what is happening now. The big boys are buying all they can, while the little guy is selling. The little guys buy when the price goes up, and they sell when the price goes down. The smart money buys low and sells high. Nothing has changed in the world financial picture to cause the price of gold to drop. The big boys see whats coming down the pipe, and they want precious metals now. They see inflation, instability, crumbling paper money, etc. The price of gold may stay weak for a month, or two years........but..........when the metals prices go up next time ..............it will be fast and high. My advice to everyone here..... buy as much gold and silver as you can comfortably afford. Sit on it for a 2-5 years, and sell when the mania sets in. This up coming move in gold/ silver will return you 100's of percent on your purchase price. Most bull markets last 17-20 years, with the biggest up move at the very end . We are in our 13th year today. We have a few years left . When the big boys want to sell, they will use the media to hype Joe Average into buying gold at $1,000 's of dollars higher than it now is. And Joe will buy it. Thats the way it works. Joe always ends up being the bag holder at the end of bull markets.
April 13, 2013 11:05PM
500 tons of digital gold sold, that brought it down yesterday. Crooks. [kingworldnews.com]

Interesting article. China is buying up gold to boot.
April 14, 2013 12:58AM
Put 2 and 2 together.

Goldman Sucks ( I mean Sachs) says gold is going down to the 1300 level and to short it. A day later, Mario Draghi ( a former GS employee who is now head of the European Central Bank ) hints that Cyprus may have to sell it's gold in order to help fund some of the outstanding debt or they won't get as much money as needed from the ECB ( kinda like putting a gun to their head).

Obviously when the markets gets a whiff of this, some of the big paper players sell. Guess who is taking PHYSICAL delivery of gold...Eastern Central Banks like China and Russis. And guess who will end up with Cyprus's physical gold....the European Central Bank !!!!!!!! This may be the start of something big. Countries in the Eurozone in trouble, that need bail outs ( or additional bail out money) from the ECB, will have to give up their gold. What a sham.

F_____G crooks. They should all be put in jail.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2013 01:02AM by therover61.
April 14, 2013 02:00AM
[www.youtube.com] Too big 2 Fail Too big 2 Jail?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2013 04:47AM by rapidroy7.