Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Water/Beach Detector recommendation Tom

Posted by kickback 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Water/Beach Detector recommendation Tom
September 25, 2009 06:56AM
I may end up on the Gulf Coast of Florida in the next month.What would you recommend for the beach hunting coins and jewelry CZ 21 or a Minelab Excal?What size coil would you recommend?I'll hunt the wet sand,dry sand and in the shallow water.Thanks Bill,who is continuing to rescue silver coins in South Dakota
Re: Water/Beach Detector recommendation Tom
September 26, 2009 11:23AM
By virtue of saying 'dry sand' as one of your options; it then becomes important to be able to come out of the 'Salt' program/mode. The best unit(s) would be the standard CZ's (not the CZ 20/21 as they are locked in the Salt mode).
If you are to only hunt the wet sand....I would recommend Excal or CZ (in the Salt mode)....with one exception; the Explorer is 'slightly' more sensitive to gold . . . and I would prefer to hunt with a Explorer with the control-head well protected from the Salt mist/air.
Water hunting; CZ-20/21/Excal.

Tom
September 26, 2009 01:01PM
Thanks again.I have an Explorer,a CZ70 and will add a Excal.I'm lucky being a R.N.I find the demand for my set of skills still exists.Lots of opportunities in Florida.My brother has my old place in Melbourne Beach.I still want to come hunt the beach there after some winter storms ie beach erosion.
September 26, 2009 08:22PM
Kickback,
I live in Tampa Bay area and if you need any help or info contact me. My club, Suncoast R&R, does primarily beach and water hunting!
Wally
September 26, 2009 10:46PM
Bill...........any time there are people, you'll have a job! Wally's club is VERY good. ---- I forgot to mention that the better beach coils are in the 10.5" size/range.